Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Does anyone know what the general resale price of Nighthawks is?
i have seen them from $150-250 for ds pairs. i bought 2 pairs about 6 months ago and paid around $160 for each. really depends. they are not around too often now so if not a crazy price grab  them while you can. very dope shoe. 

They fit tts...given they are made in Germany you already know they run a little more narrow but honesty not nearly as bad as the made in Germany 1500

New Balance Deutschland?! Had no idea they opened a new factory. Those Germans would put an end to the quality control issues.

German engineered.

Bodega with sale 20% using code LoveItWhenYouCallMeBigPoppa. Works for sale item.

Last edited:

It's been a while. Father's Day fit. Much love to all the fathers out here at NT!

Speaking of nighthawks, if anyone has a lead on 8.5 or 9 I've been looking to grab a pair so shoot me a PM

Does anyone know how leather lined 997s fit compared to non-leather lined? I normally take a UK6/US6.5, wondering if a pair of UK6.5/US7 Rosés would be to big...

I just don't understand the 990v, it screams Kohls to me 
ohwell.gif
I totally agree. I just can't get into 990V models. They really push the Dad vibe in my opinion.

The colorway on this pair i great, but the silhouette just doesn't do it for me. 

I'm not a huge fan of the 990Vs either, but these are pretty nice. I do love the colors. How much does that model usually go for?

I'm not a huge fan of the 990Vs either, but these are pretty nice. I do love the colors. How much does that model usually go for?
990V4s retail for $165 which is a fair price point, IMO, especially when you consider most other miUSA GR NBs retail for $190-$220. You can find them on discount everywhere, though, so if you know where to look you can get 'em for low.

I'm sold on the 990V4 - I've seen them in person, seen them enough on feet of friends and fit pics online. They are a dope shoe but definitely an acquired taste. I'm just waiting for the right moment to pull the trigger. I got my eyes on just two pairs, the salmon joints and the original grey color way.

Also, I guess I don't mind that they scream "dad shoe" because I'm a dad 
happy.gif

990V4s retail for $165 which is a fair price point, IMO, especially when you consider most other miUSA GR NBs retail for $190-$220. You can find them on discount everywhere, though, so if you know where to look you can get 'em for low.

I'm sold on the 990V4 - I've seen them in person, seen them enough on feet of friends and fit pics online. They are a dope shoe but definitely an acquired taste. I'm just waiting for the right moment to pull the trigger. I got my eyes on just two pairs, the salmon joints and the original grey color way.

Also, I guess I don't mind that they scream "dad shoe" because I'm a dad 
happy.gif

It does kinda look like a dad shoe, but the right colorway can help every shoe. I am personally not much of a fan of the grey or salmon ones, but you do you. I'll rep that. I do have a weakness for red, white and blue.....

990s are the ultimate dad shoe, don't see too many people besides dads rocking them
This is generally true everywhere except the Philadelphia/DMV area. Philly, D.C., Maryland, Virginia... the 990 is embedded into the culture and it's pretty awesome. @newbalance365  contributed to a great article on Sneaker Freaker mag talking about the phenomenon:

https://www.sneakerfreaker.com/articles/dmv-philly-exploring-new-balance-990-obsession/

For those of you haven't read it yet, highly recommend it. One of the best write-ups on the 990 I've ever read. 

For me this article is just further proof that it's not what you rock, it's how you rock it. 

Back
Top Bottom