Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Screenshot_2017-09-17-12-21-27.png
Screenshot_2017-09-17-12-20-31.png

Un-DS these today to church. I must say, I think I'm officially on the Horween train. I might have to pick up some other pairs.

With all the jeans and NB talk I had to take a pic haha.

Anyone cop Hanon or plan on copping? Looks like a real quality shoe. May cop down the line at some point.

IMG_2112.JPG
I think Moshe mentioned the number 12, so I figured I'd start by sharing my 12 keepers. It's an odd variation but I think that's what I like most.
From the top row left to right:
1500EBN, 1500FA, CM1500UA, 9915SP
CM1700MW, 1400MG, 990NV4, 990NC4
998BD, 580DBX, CM999GYM, 993GL

I'm confused why Hanon didn't at least get a made in the U.K. model

I'm pretty sure it has everything to do with the fact that NB chooses the models that shops collab on and whatever models they choose are models that they're trying to push at that time (regardless of where they are made). They've been releasing a number of collabs on the 247 this past year, a model they're also trying to push to the masses. They reissued the 520 recently and so it makes sense that they'd tap one of their more prolific partners to collaborate on it. I think if every UK shop had their way we'd see nothing but 577 and 1500 collabs, lol.

I'm pretty sure it has everything to do with the fact that NB chooses the models that shops collab on and whatever models they choose are models that they're trying to push at that time (regardless of where they are made). They've been releasing a number of collabs on the 247 this past year, a model they're also trying to push to the masses. They reissued the 520 recently and so it makes sense that they'd tap one of their more prolific partners to collaborate on it. I think if every UK shop had their way we'd see nothing but 577 and 1500 collabs, lol.
Yeah I get NB pushing models but Hanon is one of the bigger UK shops and it seems like it would just make sense to do something that was MIUK. Even their epic tr was MIUK.

They could have made it in the UK, or maybe the model was restricted to certain factories overseas *shrugs*

IT certainly is reflected in the price point. Special Box, campaign and all that marketing for a below 100GBP shoe..? Yaapp..they gotta cut some corners.

IMG_5183.jpg

End's error in my favor :D
Been waiting on a good disco on JOLs. End had them for $150 W/free international shipping.

I had $100 in my PayPal and was gonna pay the rest with my debit card. I forgot that I had locked my debit card, so only the $100 from PayPal went through.

I thought for sure they'd cancel the order due to insufficient funds? But it actually went through for the $100!

I called End and dude said "it's your lucky day...enjoy!" (English accent) :wink:

Last edited:
IMG_5183.jpg

End's error in my favor :D
Been waiting on a good disco on JOLs. End had them for $150 W/free international shipping.

I had $100 in my PayPal and was gonna pay the rest with my debit card. I forgot that I had locked my debit card, so only the $100 from PayPal went through.

I thought for sure they'd cancel the order due to insufficient funds? But it actually went through for the $100!

I called End and dude said "it's your lucky day...enjoy!" :lol:
I can smell the freshness right over here.

20170918_200714.jpg

I've never had a pair of New Balances with a leather liner, so I was wondering if this kind of wrinkling is normal for leather-lined NBs? I guess I'm just worried that eventually it will hurt the leather, especially at the heel tab. Any way to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom