Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

New Danner x NB collabs. This time a 995 instead of the previous 585 (which I really like):

Every product shot that doesn't show the toe box had me impressed.

I clicked on it and immediately thought "I can't read any of this" lol. I think I like the boots better than the 995s. The last ones were like $365 for the 585 and $430 for the boots I think. I wonder what these will be.
63000jpy for the boot and 36000jpy for the 995. The previous ones were priced very high but the 585 are covered mostly by horween leather......I got lucky and scored the 585 at 120usd at the mad Concepts sale earlier this year. Really satisfied.

Last edited:
1080v8 has a slightly firmer foam on the inside. the outside foam feels the same as the v7, to me. the flex grooves are a little wider than v8, making the front half more flexible. also they've added a bit more heel support on the v8.

Thank you for the info. Yeah I noticed what looks like neoprene on the heel, looks to be a nice lock down. Would you say the v8s are an improvement or has it's own pros and cons compared to the v7s?

How does the width feel? I have two pairs of the v6 and love em but wasn't much a fan of the previous v7 which I felt had a weird fit where they put the flex grooves. I'm glad they improved upon that aspect as well as the heel collar.

I read a lot of running reviews and this is a common thread of people loving the v6s but not the v7s comes up a lot. From the few reviews that have been posted people who liked the v6s have been liking these v8s but reviews have been limited so far since the shoes just came out.

i would say the 1080v is more similar to the v6 and good for those who liked that version

I just ordered some 1080v7 for running, after switching from Ultra Boosts (3.0 knit is too loose compared to 2.0) and 990v3 (killed my feet during runs). Hoping they work out well for me since i'm on the heavy side.

if the 990 v3 (or v4) are hurting your feet during runs, then im assuming you have a high arch...that shoe is meant for people with low arches

Guys I think I'm gonna jump on this 990v4 party train. How should I size? I'm a 9 in literally every lifestyle pair of NB except for the end 575 which fits a bit too tight.

Guys I think I'm gonna jump on this 990v4 party train. How should I size? I'm a 9 in literally every lifestyle pair of NB except for the end 575 which fits a bit too tight.
Remy, I’m thrilled that you’re finally joining Moshe and a bunch of others in here who love this model lol. I too wear a 9 in everything so I would suggest going TTS.

Remy, I’m thrilled that you’re finally joining Moshe and a bunch of others in here who love this model lol. I too wear a 9 in everything so I would suggest going TTS.
So a 9 or 9.5? Just want to clarify since tts means different things to different people.

Back
Top Bottom