Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

i'm not sure if its high or low since i dont know what to compare it to. the pain was mostly the outer, rear areas of my feet. I have a tendency to under pronate if i don't actively correct my form and i end up with shin splits or (what I think) is onset plantar. After that experience, i realized I need to stick more neutral, but super cushioned shoes till I can get the weight down.

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I would search for a good quality running store around you that can analyze your gait. Go to a couple and have them measure your arch and look at you running. If you really are an underpronator (suponate) that's a very rare way to run if I remember correctly. Either way you should go and have them take a look and once you know you can check out some of the shoes that could work for you, they do actually make shoes specifically for underpronators.

There is also a DIY way to test your arch at home.
https://www.runnersworld.com/running-shoes/the-wet-test

Its crazy that people still havent recieved their Concepts 999's yet. Apparently the holiday and running out of the special boxes caused a huge delay. Hang in there guys...

Its crazy that people still havent recieved their Concepts 999's yet. Apparently the holiday and running out of the special boxes caused a huge delay. Hang in there guys...

That really sucks. The only explanation is that they made a ton of these and they have just done a bad job of keeping up with the demand. No reason dudes shouldn't have their shoes yet... smh

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I would search for a good quality running store around you that can analyze your gait. Go to a couple and have them measure your arch and look at you running. If you really are an underpronator (suponate) that's a very rare way to run if I remember correctly. Either way you should go and have them take a look and once you know you can check out some of the shoes that could work for you, they do actually make shoes specifically for underpronators.

There is also a DIY way to test your arch at home.
https://www.runnersworld.com/running-shoes/the-wet-test

I live in Houston. I’ve tried various types of shoes looking for something I can run comfortably in and the UB 2 was the best so far...I ran the Houston marathon in them las Jan, albeit slowly. Since I can’t find them anymore I’m trying the 1080 since it felt prettty good to me when trying them on at the NB outlet

Great price for those, which store did you grab them from?

I thought about getting a pair for work but since they are a stability shoe I wasn't sure how all day comfort would be. Keep us updated on how these work out.
Been wearing them the last few days and the cushion of the sole is wonderful. I have pure boosts and primarily wear air maxes and these are more comfortable than both.:lol: I don’t stand for extended periods but for everyday they are very comfortable.

I live in Houston. I’ve tried various types of shoes looking for something I can run comfortably in and the UB 2 was the best so far...I ran the Houston marathon in them las Jan, albeit slowly. Since I can’t find them anymore I’m trying the 1080 since it felt prettty good to me when trying them on at the NB outlet

Nice, go with your gut if you like the 1080s, but if they don't work out there are a ton of other brands out there (Asics, Saucony, Mizuno, Hoka, New Balance, Brooks, etc all make great shoes with specific things in mind.) I would still strongly recommend going into a running store and getting your running analyzed if you haven't already so you know what to look for in shoes and in the long run will help you avoid pain and injuries. Just from our short chat it sounds like you want a very well cushioned shoe for long distances and to help with you underpronation. That sounds like a good place to start and any competent shoe employee should be able to give you some solid options.

Been wearing them the last few days and the cushion of the sole is wonderful. I have pure boosts and primarily wear air maxes and these are more comfortable than both.:lol: I don’t stand for extended periods but for everyday they are very comfortable.

Big thanks for the update brother. Yeah people get caught up on the "boost is the greatest thing ever" train. Yes it is very soft but there are other brands and technology out there. I'll have to keep a look out for that deal, for that price it's a no brainer. Repped and thanks again.

Did they send out an email or tweet or anything? They should have send out an APB and said some **** like "If you want your kicks now cool, no special box, but here are some stickers and a %10 off code. Not everybody likes or cares for the special box.

I received mine, but I still think it's crazy I can receive kicks from Europe quicker than a lot of these boutiques in the US.

Did they send out an email or tweet or anything? They should have send out an APB and said some **** like "If you want your kicks now cool, no special box, but here are some stickers and a %10 off code. Not everybody likes or cares for the special box.

that makes too much sense

Well I pieced things together from people comments on their IG, they never said anything officially. I agree that they should keep people informed.

Major props.. finally scooped these up just a minute ago..

Can’t believe those are still available. Scooped them up retail the day they dropped and don’t regret it. Top 3 NB release in the past 3 years IMO. BY’s are a close second.

I received mine, but I still think it's crazy I can receive kicks from Europe quicker than a lot of these boutiques in the US.

that makes too much sense

Very true. End absolutely puts US boutiques to shame. Both processing and shipping. Hanon is fairly quick as well. I love Concepts and have been giving them my money since I was a skate rat hanging out in the back of the Tannery in 97 but customer service is not a priority.

UNDS : 997CSU

FRR.jpg

Can’t believe those are still available. Scooped them up retail the day they dropped and don’t regret it. Top 3 NB release in the past 3 years IMO. BY’s are a close second.

Very true. End absolutely puts US boutiques to shame. Both processing and shipping. Hanon is fairly quick as well. I love Concepts and have been giving them my money since I was a skate rat hanging out in the back of the Tannery in 97 but customer service is not a priority.
Totally agree my man.. can't wait to get these in person...

My only pair of NBs and I am in love man.
IMG_5593.JPG

Also Excited to see all the NB1s that came outa that Cyber monday. Ive heard the turnaround time for NB1 is crazy fast? How long does it usually take?

It usually takes about 2 weeks. My last order was less though. I think like a week and a half at most.

Is it hypebeast of me to say that this makes me want to try and cop a pair of Danner boots
danner isn't hype nor will it ever be. made in usa, high quality stuff, used by the military. their flagship model is the iconic mountain light start with that one.

Back
Top Bottom