Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Have you tried one on bro
Shots fired! In all seriousness, regardless of their comfort you can’t convince someone to dig the silhouette if they just don’t find it attractive. Believe me, the v4 has become my all time favorite out of all the models I own.

nwb_m990bu4_990-v4-burgundy_01a_01.jpg

I sometimes think about the v4 ^^^ (those), but then everytime I see someone wearing them they are like middle aged or older dudes who are like the typical "dad" or "grandpa". That's not a shot at anyone, by all means, you guys do you. It just isn't for me.

nwb_m990bu4_990-v4-burgundy_01a_01.jpg

I sometimes think about the v4 ^^^ (those), but then everytime I see someone wearing them they are like middle aged or older dudes who are like the typical "dad" or "grandpa". That's not a shot at anyone, by all means, you guys do you. It just isn't for me.
100 percent agree. Not knockin the old man hustle but I just can't pull it off

You don’t think that some middle aged man happen to be browsing the NB site when the kennedy’s Dropped? Some of ya’ll better start unloading your pairs :lol:

I know everyone keeps calling the the 990v4 a grandpa shoe but I don't plan on wearing shoes with laces when I'm 65. I'm definitely going with these triple black hook and loop 577 heaters:

577FW.jpg

Throw a white midsole on that b**** and you might be on to something.

I know everyone keeps calling the the 990v4 a grandpa shoe but I don't plan on wearing shoes with laces when I'm 65. I'm definitely going with these triple black hook and loop 577 heaters:

577FW.jpg
Lol Needs a bit of a reshape

It never fails that when I'm on the verge of convincing myself the 990v4s aren't grandpa shoes, I see a 60 year old dude in ratty sweatpants and a Steve & Barry's pleather jacket in a pair of greys. I just can't get down with the v4s.

those are 990v2, totally different model imo
Completely different feel and vibe, IMO. The Concepts v2s are the best pair of NBs to come out this year for me.

It never fails that when I'm on the verge of convincing myself the 990v4s aren't grandpa shoes, I see a 60 year old dude in ratty sweatpants and a Steve & Barry's pleather jacket in a pair of greys. I just can't get down with the v4s.

Ultimately it’s how you carry yourself. I assume most of us here don’t dress like a stereotypical 60 yr old...If that same dude was wearing kakkerlaks or salmon soles with those ratty sweatpants he probably won’t look too good either. I’ve seen dudes with 2-3k in clothing and like 5 different brands and patterns with some yeezys on thinking they look nice haha

The 990v4 is the best shoe NB's U.S. factories have put out in a while. I've bought three pairs of the v4 (and would buy more if I wasn't trying to keep my collection slim) while getting rid of nearly all but one pair of 997s and other more popular models.

And I don't give a damn that my dad and I wear the same shoe (he's 62 and I bought him his first pair of v4s and he loves them)- I respect the hell out of him and have aspirations to be even half the man and father he was, lol.

Back
Top Bottom