Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I caught a lightly worn pair of grand tourers a half size big for a steal a while back. I have to wear the thickest socks I have to make them work. Even then, there's heel slippage and they're still mildly uncomfortable |l I've never tried the double insole or adding an insert, though, so that may be option the next time I wear them.

Thanks. I can't seem to find the pair in my size. It's always a half size small or a half size big.

Cranked up the exposure. Looks like a light and dark teal/green colorway.
Of course this could be off though. Not a miracle worker.
IMG_0919.jpg
^^^Looks like they might use the teal color used on the Esplanade 997.5

I'm gonna have to wait to see someone in here buy those "Burnt Orange" pairs to see what they really look like outside of glamour shots

Glad they took a break from the 997s. V2s are a solid choice with that purple. Def exposed me to different models.
Agree on the exposure to a different model. 997 would have been great too though. Feel like they need a 4th one to complete the set of monotone 997s.

Glad to see they're finally releasing those 991.5! Can't wait to see the final product. Wonder how they'll handle the release... would be a bummer for tons of folks if they sold in-store only.

Speaking of Concepts collabs: https://epsilonmagazine.com/epsilon...a-party-a-brief-study-of-concepts-new-balance - great article that the homie @southboston78 posted on his IG today (he's also featured in it).

Also, those M990JP4 look amazing. I'm glad to see NB finally taking more risks with the 990V4. I can only imagine what an all nubuck 990v4 would look like.

I still hate this thread because I'm trying to save money and it's not helping. Thanks, guys.

990v3 have durable problem .... midsole lack support after carbon broken .

990v4 fix this problem . that's why i love them .

991xg and 990jp4 are fire .

It’s been said before but it’s really just how they’re worn; I mean hey if you don’t F with the silhouette that’s cool it’s all subjective BUT if you just tried a pair on maybe you’d change your mind?
I've heard the argument plenty of times, but they just don't do it for me. There are dozens of NB models out there that I like way more, so I see no sense in wasting money on a silhouette that I don't like to try and convince myself that I can make them work.

Anyone have a sneakerfreaker subscription? Seems pretty interesting but I've never had a copy to look at.

remy remy - I've never seen an issue with the miUSA 574 shape... every pair i've seen (at least in person) has had a great shape. Granted, it's a small sample size as I've only seen a handful of pairs from the outlet. But by and large they've been solid. Even the 574BOX that's at Marshalls has an amazing shape (as do the Paul Bunyans).

Although I appreciate what NB is doing with their Asian-made 574s I think it's a bit odd to say that the 574 is "back" - to me it never really left.

Grenson and NB UK are collaborating again!!! Price point will be sky high but I'm intrigued nonetheless. I thought the 576 they did was brilliant(ly expensive).

remy remy - I've never seen an issue with the miUSA 574 shape... every pair i've seen (at least in person) has had a great shape. Granted, it's a small sample size as I've only seen a handful of pairs from the outlet. But by and large they've been solid. Even the 574BOX that's at Marshalls has an amazing shape (as do the Paul Bunyans).

Although I appreciate what NB is doing with their Asian-made 574s I think it's a bit odd to say that the 574 is "back" - to me it never really left.
I guess I was confused. Thought they meant all 574s not just MIAsia

Back
Top Bottom