Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Sooo NB huh...
I’ve been on a NT hiatus for the past 6-8 months, so I can only imagine the NB foreign invasion of late lol
997 Sports! goin 5X retail!?!? :rofl:
Full on HB resale BS goin on now SMH

I
Sooo NB huh...
I’ve been on a NT hiatus for the past 6-8 months, so I can only imagine the NB foreign invasion of late lol
997 Sports! goin 5X retail!?!? :rofl:
Full on HB resale BS goin on now SMH

All of us regulars are scratching our heads, honestly. Those Bodegas generated hype like we haven't seen in a long time and then the ALDs felt like the nail in the coffin. Last year those would have been easy cops. Hopefully this is just a blip on the radar but who knows...

for me, 996s are just ok. I dont love them and i dont hate them, but theyre definitely far from my favorite. if you were collecting NBs in the mid-late 90s you might remember that 996s were mostly worn by women, while men were wearing 1300s, 998s, and 999s. at least here in my neck of the woods. im not exactly sure why, maybe because the 996 had a slimmer, less bulky shape than the other models? but i still do tend to think of the 996 as more of a female shoe. i guess its a memory or stigma thats hard for me to detach from. Of all of the classic 90s NBs, they also resemble the 574 the most, in which case, I'd rather just wear a 574 for a fraction of the price. some 574s were still made in usa back then, so they still had great shape and materials. nowadays i for sure know that the 996 is way more comfier than an asian made 574. but at the end of the day my money would rather be spent on a 998 or a 997. btw, for you 996 fans, NB is going heavy with 996s again...i think starting next year / 2020

amazing post man. that's exactly the info I was curious about. my first nb was the grey 990v2 in '98. then I remember getting the steel blue 1300's over the grey 996 in 2002. I think the 996 was a little more affordable compared to other usa models then so it was tempting. 1300 tongue was better though

The 996 is a shoe that’s just kind of there if that makes any sense...There’s other models that share the same kind of aesthetic which are much more loved...574, 1300 for example...Even the 496 might get more of a nod in some NB heads eyes...

All that being said the 996 will forever bring up thoughts of one thing for me...The 1988 Tyson Spinks fight in Atlantic City...

36A15616-4BD8-4FEE-8999-57935DC4FFB4.jpeg

8239924C-B1E3-4D62-93C3-3F50F14B6E6F.jpeg

Yea 996 super comfy.. I’ve had a few through the years but think I only have 1 pair left. 996ER I think it is.

wow thanks for posting that pic of mike tyson ! never seen those !
ive seen other pics of iron mike rockin various other NB models

also, without trying to sound too corny just wanted to say....really good and constructive past few posts...good to read everyones opinions. a good distraction from the recent hype train, as well...thanks yall !

996 honestly might be the most comfortable model I own. I think the silhouette is only OK though.

Might have to pull a pair out today.

So what you guys think 996 or 1300jp? In terms of modern releases...

I lean 1300 just because of the history behind it but those bring backs were just about perfect...

996 are pretty boring but could be a simple everyday shoe. I never tried one, i was close to catch a teal pair few years back, so if NB try something with this model next year, maybe i'll find something more appealing.

Yea 996 super comfy.. I’ve had a few through the years but think I only have 1 pair left. 996ER I think it is.

996ER were my first pair of miUSA NBs! Bought them for $20 bucks off of 6pm. Wore them to the ground and ultimately had to chuck them. Once I discovered the 998/997 there was pretty much no reason to go back to the 996, though. Aesthetically superior in every way.

Back
Top Bottom