Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Mesh on the overkill 1500 looks fresh and cw is fun ! But i'm still on the fence with the "mini NB" ...
1530 have nice materials work but with all those great GR a mono black pair isn't what i'm expecting for a collaboration
This is exactly how I feel. I just cant get past the mini NB. Would be much better without.

kinda curious, did anyone in here enter and hit on the no vacancy 990s? Kinda like them but definitely won't be paying the resell prices on them

I don’t think anyone really won... the partnership for the pop up was with StockX so you know how that probably goes...

I wound up grabbing a pair slightly over retail and have been wearing them pretty regularly since getting them in....

maxresdefault.jpg

Someone pointed out the similarity between these 2018 adidas inikis and the Todd Snyders (google image search gave me @illistic 's photo). This was a turn off honestly.

This is like the phantom 1500 from the Surplus pack all over again. Guess my pair is slightly unique then? Probably some mundane factory explanation for this.

Explanation came this week for the 1500SP, prototype was made with 991 midsole so they removed the "1500". They finally decide to release a true 1500 but didn't put the embroidery back until mid production

TBH, that "Raffle" No Vacancy Inn held was a literal email list syphon. All your information you filled out went to a "Mailchimp" account where they get sent back analytics on your email behaviors, send you newsletters, and what ever. I use Mailchimp for my office, so when I saw that my entry was 'verified' with a email from Mailchimp, I knew my chances were 0 to None. Great advertising No Vacancy, you ****ers can hold my L.

TBH, that "Raffle" No Vacancy Inn held was a literal email list syphon. All your information you filled out went to a "Mailchimp" account where they get sent back analytics on your email behaviors, send you newsletters, and what ever. I use Mailchimp for my office, so when I saw that my entry was 'verified' with a email from Mailchimp, I knew my chances were 0 to None. Great advertising No Vacancy, you ****ers can hold my L.
On top of that, weren’t there literally two winners? So lame.

Mark Godfrey actually posted about the 1500 branding on surplus pairs just the other day
2B79B0A6-AC45-458C-8AE7-92EDE0DF4838.png
Oh yeah I saw that post, I meant the difference in 1500 OGN fonts was prob some factory story ala the SPs with the .9 series production stuff that Mark Godfrey mentioned. Just curious how many other OGNs are like my pair.
If I could keep only one pair in my nb collection, it would be my surplus 1500s
PSY for me even with the not awesome shape, just something about that purple. Hoping for a re-issue with the new shape and correct midsole/outsole.

Clean color pallet. I just didn’t prefer the rainbow stitching used for the tongue logo.

Funny thing is the NB1 IG account had these posted on their account and story for about an hour a few months ago then took them down after getting questions about the midsole we couldn’t choose and the rainbow text. I figured it was just upcoming color options.

I hope people aren’t burned out on mockups yet lol.
65F90D2A-AC49-45DD-BA13-129481F54AF5.jpeg
7222F186-FE98-431E-8950-7FEEF49A3F22.jpeg

I don’t know if the original “997NV” was castlerock or cool grey.

I must say, I think the v5 is growing on me more and more.
255A08DC-9FF4-44B5-BA39-BECD35BA889E.jpeg
EF0F446F-E462-4881-BAAF-F9E7C1BAFDB0.jpeg

Attachments

• D259F007-09DE-47DD-8902-029B1094CEBF.jpeg
    D259F007-09DE-47DD-8902-029B1094CEBF.jpeg
    567.3 KB · Views: 3
I just got the Grey 990v5 and like them way better than the v4’s so far. The minor tweaks to the tongue height and toe box are a great improvement for me. The comfort is about the same but first wear of the 990v5 felt like it was already broken in as oppose to the 990v4, if these get more comfortable from more wears:nthat:

This weekend I’m cleaning/scrubbing all my V4s and throwing them on EBay for best offer.

Back
Top Bottom