Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Closest to JC's 'Pebble Blue' color blue on the Persian Rug's N i've seen on a NB in a while. And yes, very heavy Hilltop Blues vibes. Good compliment to each other.

Was just looking at my 997S grey day pair, and noticed the outsole is starting to detach from the toe of the shoe. Anyone else experience this?

10A982FE-855E-4830-A6EA-5E57326E3252.jpeg

B09EA301-7C16-46AE-8DF0-6BA85A97EC47.jpeg
Happened with my cyclades. Shoe goo and Paint tape it to keep it bonded overnight.

Was just looking at my 997S grey day pair, and noticed the outsole is starting to detach from the toe of the shoe. Anyone else experience this?

10A982FE-855E-4830-A6EA-5E57326E3252.jpeg

B09EA301-7C16-46AE-8DF0-6BA85A97EC47.jpeg
Dang how much did you wear them before this happen? Been wanting to get a pair off 997s but haven’t heard any reviews yet

BF798DD7-9F75-4403-B6D4-0A0BF075254B.jpeg

4BD3A754-9A4D-430A-8D93-9E3D9C53A4AC.jpeg

Customs finally came in. Had some gold/green laces ready to go and waiting for a swap.
Quality is a C+/B- overall. Materials are ok, leave a lot to be desired tho. Shape on both shoes was totally different, one way worse than the other. Stitching was decent, some frays here and there. Overall, I think quality on these customs changes based on what time of the year you order. Right now, I'm sure they're swamped and churning these things out left and right. Will I order another one? Not for $190. But I got this pair on discount at $166 shipped, so I'm not mad at that.

Didn't know they made ALD 990v5 fakes, my stockx pair didn't pass authentication, unless it was a damaged box/shoe

Quite a bit. I've worn my grey day pair heavily since I bought them. 20+ times, easy.

That sucks, sorry to hear that happening man! I wonder how NB will respond if you reach out to their customer service. I've worn mine around the same amount of time and no detaching from the toe.

Yeah, it could've been worn.

I recently sold a pair of acronym AF1 on GOAT and I've never worn it but they were the last pair when I purchased it so I assumed it could've been the display pair. GOAT ended up hitting me up and marking them as used. I assume StockX would have just failed authentication since they don't sell used.

Do these custom 997 sports fit like the ones that aren't made in USA? I have a pair of the 997 sport pigments (navy blue) that I got on discount and they're a little tight in my normal NB 990, 997 size (10).

Do these custom 997 sports fit like the ones that aren't made in USA? I have a pair of the 997 sport pigments (navy blue) that I got on discount and they're a little tight in my normal NB 990, 997 size (10).

in my experience, since the upper is US-made, it fits like a regular 997 (as my grey day 997S does). with asian-made pairs, i always go up half a size which works much better for those.

in my experience, since the upper is US-made, it fits like a regular 997 (as my grey day 997S does). with asian-made pairs, i always go up half a size which works much better for those.

Thank you! Yeah these asian made ones look great but they are a little tight. Going to use the shoe stretcher on them.

Didn't wanna make a painful-to-wear custom, but I love a snug fit in NB

Back
Top Bottom