Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Not even going to bother with the WTAPS...Getting anything over 11 in Japan only sneakers is already a hassle...Don’t have the energy for it...

Signing up for a tenso acct. anyone have experience with this forwarding service?
I've used it. Pretty good proxy service if ur into Japanese clothing/used items. However if u trying to cop them WTAPS, don't even bother. Resellers will mark them up triple-fold lol.

does amazon.jp tell you when it can't ship to your US address? I've ordered things off there before with no problem
Well, early on when I used to be heavy into figure collecting, Amazon Japan didn’t always allow for shipping to the U.S. I think around the time that those Nintendo Amiibo were reselling, was when Amazon Japan started shipping more items to the US. I could be totally wrong lol. I know that are so can be used for a number of retailers but I haven’t tried any yet. This time I will for the WTAPS drop.

I've been wearing wtaps for years. Now all you newb balance heads wanna hop on? Disgusting. Save it for the OGs that really care about and like wtaps and stick to your j crews and todd snyders.

I'm kidding. Just poking fun at guys that get upset when collabs bring extra attention to something they think was made solely for them and two dozen other guys on the internet a la joefreshgoods, ronnie fieg, kith, stray rats, ALD, no vacancy inn, etc. I'm in for a pair.

I've been wearing wtaps for years. Now all you newb balance heads wanna hop on? Disgusting. Save it for the OGs that really care about and like wtaps and stick to your j crews and todd snyders.

I'm kidding. Just poking fun at guys that get upset when collabs bring extra attention to something they think was made solely for them and two dozen other guys on the internet a la joefreshgoods, ronnie fieg, kith, stray rats, ALD, no vacancy inn, etc. I'm in for a pair.
You almost had me there! I’ve known about so many of these brands but haven’t but the bullet on buying apparel. These kinds of shoe collabs can only be win/win for both NB and WTAPS in this case.

But I don't think they market the Chuck Taylor like that, do they? The ALD 997 was in ads marketed as possible mismatch (as shown) and also in the press release details.

The point of my original post was to point out that I prefer the mismatch to be more subtle, like ALD's 997 using tongue, collar and heal tab, rather than the saddle and heal on the new RC1300. I dislike mismatch more when the toe box is different. My opinions are my own, I shouldn't have to clarify that.
Just having some fun man, it’s a reference to an 80’s kid’s show. Bow down to your mismatched sneaker OG.
6CF4741B-ACCE-4332-92C1-8F56E4BD8C78.jpeg

Any seen the 1530 LP on sale anywhere btw?

The internet has diluted any/ all brands as far as I’m concerned; if I wanted Wtaps here in NY it was union or bust. Now it’s a click on the mouse (damn, did I just date myself?!) and it’s done. There’s no way to prove brand loyalty etc. anymore.
Streetwear has never cared about loyalty. It’s built on hype so quality and loyalty are out the window

China/HK kids heavy into WTAPS/NB aesthetic. I'll pass and wait for another 992 I got my eyes on.

Got some friends in Japan that’s willing to help out. Hoping one of them hits. Will be using proxy address as well to increase my chance from .0001% to .001%

Regret not pulling the sz 8.5 992 tans on saks last week. I want these but i feel these can be had for under retail...need the hype to die down on these sheesh...

Back
Top Bottom