Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I'M GOING TO BED HAPPY TONIGHT BOYS.

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 12.01.00 AM.png
Congreys

I can’t believe some of the NB that are in style right now.
Seeing 🔥 next to any 99 has me :wow::wow:

990,991,992, ...:no way
Folks are paying resell(like 3-400) for these?
This blows my mind.
If I could have all of them for FREE, I don’t think I could mow the lawn in them.
Edit:those 997s are fire, my bad not all 99s

these below, are awful
BF57422F-3BA4-4B9E-AE66-EB5071E4692C.png
Word i love em

The 995,996 are fire too.
I guess it’s the 990,991,992 I don’t like.
Not completely oblivious to NB, have a 997h and sport and have had plenty of the 574 but I haven’t quite grown into the new wave of DadShoe love, don’t think I’ll ever get there.
just depends on what you like. the 574 is my least favorite new balance model of all time. the way you feel about the 990,991, 992, 993, i feel about those. and in the DMV, those models have been popular for a very long time. there are plenty of people who would never cop a pair of 997h. the dope thing about new balance/shoes in general is that there is something for everyone.

To be fair, Kith and ALD comes out with some dope collabs - take out the name and the colorways still hold their own.
Ronnies next release is literally just a copy of an old NB CW. He’s done the same with ASICS. That ain’t creativity that your buying that’s hype your caving into. But hey looks like marketing is working on you!ALD, isgetting very repetitive already. Plus the way some of the”NB heads” act nowadays most of y’all would be shaking your head at yourself right now.

Ronnies next release is literally just a copy of an old NB CW. He’s done the same with ASICS. That ain’t creativity that your buying that’s hype your caving into. But hey looks like marketing is working on you!ALD, isgetting very repetitive already. Plus the way some of the”NB heads” act nowadays most of y’all would be shaking your head at yourself right now.

I'm not a fan of the upcoming Kith NBs.

I'm not a fan of the upcoming Kith NBs.
His release before that was an all pink NB 990 and all navy 998. All of which were done before. The man is the last thing but creative. Dude was spoon fed a connection with ASICS and a sneaker store. He is about as self made as trump and makes it seem like he started from the bottom.

or perhaps it’s the upcoming 1300 that is just a monotone teal/ARC CW. Great at marketing, yes. Creative? Far from it!

Last edited:
His release before that was an all pink NB 990 and all navy 998. All of which were done before. The man is the last thing but creative. Dude was spoon fed a connection with ASICS and a sneaker store. He is about as self made as trump and makes it seem like he started from the bottom.

or perhaps it’s the upcoming 1300 that is just a monotone teal/ARC CW. Great at marketing, yes. Creative? Far from it!
No need to waste your energy hating. It’s not worth it. Again, who cares, just buy what you like. If you like hype ****, buy that ****, if you like general releases and collabs from people not named Ronnie or Teddy, buy that ****. At the end of the day it’s just shoes.

No need to waste your energy hating. It’s not worth it. Again, who cares, just buy what you like. If you like hype ****, buy that ****, if you like general releases and collabs from people not named Ronnie or Teddy, buy that ****. At the end of the day it’s just shoes.

not really hating, just stating my opinion. I’m also very curious as to how/why they think he is creative. Forums are built to discuss difference of opinions. You can still share different opinions well acting like an adult.

Last edited:
not really hating, just stating my opinion. I’m also very curious as to how/why they think he is creative
I don’t think anyone here is defending that he is creative. In my opinion his shoes are bought more for the colors, models and materials than the name attached to it. It doesn’t take that much effort to market his shoes. I see pink, I buy it. Regarding marketing, in my opinion Ronnie isn’t the best at it. When he makes posts speaking on his releases, it sounds more like a dear diary to himself than to the people reading it. Some of it I connect with, a lot of it I don’t. Most of the visual content used for marketing is not made by him, but his team. I give more credit to them than to Ronnie. But to his credit, he is doing it, and we’re not.

I don’t think anyone here is defending that he is creative. In my opinion his shoes are bought more for the colors, models and materials than the name attached to it. It doesn’t take that much effort to market his shoes. I see pink, I buy it. Regarding marketing, in my opinion Ronnie isn’t the best at it. When he makes posts speaking on his releases, it sounds more like a dear diary to himself than to the people reading it. Some of it I connect with, a lot of it I don’t. Most of the visual content used for marketing is not made by him, but his team.
In terms of marketing aNB collab what designer or collab has done better? IYO

In terms of marketing aNB collab what designer or collab has done better? IYO
The person the Ronnie helped get off the ground, Teddy. In terms of recent drops, Teddy’s NB marketing has been way way better than Ronnie’s. And he doesn’t even have to say anything. Joe Fresh Goods marketing also stands out to me, that guy just doesn’t give a F and puts out what he wants. Deon Point of Concepts has great stories on par or better than the Kith collabs, because of the strong connections he creates to his local Boston culture.

I’m not the biggest fan of Keith stuff these days but I def respect the brand’s growth. Knowing people on the inside, I must say I respect Aaron and his team a lot. I’ve always felt his NB weren’t the greatest. His ASICS were better. Concepts had fairly better NBs in their resume. But being a lot older, I can proudly wear then badge of elitism and say with confidence, most of the stuff is trash compared to their older collabs, give me a good GR, I could’ve made this on NB1, etc.

I’m not the biggest fan of Keith stuff these days but I def respect the brand’s growth. Knowing people on the inside, I must say I respect Aaron and his team a lot. I’ve always felt his NB weren’t the greatest. His ASICS were better. Concepts had fairly better NBs in their resume. But being a lot older, I can proudly wear then badge of elitism and say with confidence, most of the stuff is trash compared to their older collabs, give me a good GR, I could’ve made this on NB1, etc.
I’m almost certain I’m older than you, to brag about having a badge of elitism isn’t a good look. Also, who is A-a-ron?

Collabs are dope for the brand. Sometimes collabs push the limits in terms of colorway, materials, design. The brand sees that customers flock for a wild or daring collab and the collab attracts tons of new customers and interest that will feed the brand. The brand then starts to push the limits within their own company and release wider varieties of product and more good stuff to choose from because of the new demand for it.

Ronnie Fieg/Kith have made some good looking shoes. I've never worn any kith branded clothing because I don't like their logo, I've rarely ever bought anything from kith itself, but I've had a couple of RF/Kith collab sneakers because (rose gold GLV, high risk GT-II, grand opening GT-II) I ****ing liked how they looked. I shamelessly ripped off the salmon toes for my nb1s because I liked how they looked. I absolutely hate the NY Yankees but I'm not going to say they're a bad team because of my personal feelings about them.

Collabs are dope for the brand. Sometimes collabs push the limits in terms of colorway, materials, design. The brand sees that customers flock for a wild or daring collab and the collab attracts tons of new customers and interest that will feed the brand. The brand then starts to push the limits within their own company and release wider varieties of product and more good stuff to choose from because of the new demand for it.

Ronnie Fieg/Kith have made some good looking shoes. I've never worn any kith branded clothing because I don't like their logo, I've rarely ever bought anything from kith itself, but I've had a couple of RF/Kith collab sneakers because (rose gold GLV, high risk GT-II, grand opening GT-II) I ****ing liked how they looked. I shamelessly ripped off the salmon toes for my nb1s because I liked how they looked. I absolutely hate the NY Yankees but I'm not going to say they're a bad team because of my personal feelings about them.
All of this.💯

Back
Top Bottom