Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

At least it wasn’t a spur of the moment decision, but you’ve gotta love middle of the night notifications that your bid has been accepted. Have a pair of Rosé Concepts 997 on the way now.
Almost pulled the trigger, prices have gotten low on them lately

I guess i was blind to the fact that New Balance Donated ~$400k to the Trump campaign in 2016. They seem to be moving in another direction now because of trumps trade tariffs on China that is hurting their supply chain.

But if they donate to his reelection I am out.

20200603_075919.jpg

Size 12

I just got a pair of these the other week from Kith. The quality was terrible. Lot's of leftover pigskin, glue on the sole and most of it pretty noticeable. If they weren't a gift from my wife I would have sent them back.

I guess i was blind to the fact that New Balance Donated ~$400k to the Trump campaign in 2016. They seem to be moving in another direction now because of trumps trade tariffs on China that is hurting their supply chain.

there was going to be laws put in place that would basically crush MiUS NB and reward nike/adidas. TPP? i forget. i wouldn't get too hung up on that i bet a lot of company donate to both sides of the spectrum.

Technically it was a personal donation by Jim Davis, the company owner and not NB specifically. The PR guy at the time did make mention of Bunker Boy, Hillary, and Bernie all having nearly identical policy regarding the TPP. He ****ed up later by saying the country was “moving in the right direction” under Bunker Boy, even though it was in regards to the TPP specifically. Hopefully they have a better PR person this time around.
From Wikipedia:
During 2016, New Balance opposed the Trans Pacific Partnership, because it would lower tariffs on its rivals' imported shoes from Vietnam, negatively affecting New Balance's shoes which were made in the USA. The company also announced that the Obama Administration had reneged on a deal to purchase New Balance shoes for the military, in exchange for support of the TPP.[17] Rival Nike, which does not manufacture in the US, supported the TPP.[18] Matt Lebretton, New Balance's Vice President of public affairs said in April 2016 "I would say that when Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump all agree on something, then it has to be given a closer look; and they all agree that TPP is not the right policy." After Donald Trump won the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Lebretton told a reporter "The Obama administration turned a deaf ear to us [about trade] and frankly, with President-elect Trump, we feel things are going to move in the right direction." Some news outlets reported that an ad-hoc boycott campaign was created out of an interpretation of Lebretton's remarks as supportive of Trump.[19] Owner and Chairman Davis donated almost $400,000 to the Trump Victory Committee in September 2016.[20]
I’m with you though, any more pro Bunker Boy BS outta them and I’m retiring my wallet.

Technically it was a personal donation by Jim Davis, the company owner and not NB specifically. The PR guy at the time did make mention of Bunker Boy, Hillary, and Bernie all having nearly identical policy regarding the TPP. He ****ed up later by saying the country was “moving in the right direction” under Bunker Boy, even though it was in regards to the TPP specifically. Hopefully they have a better PR person this time around.
From Wikipedia:

I’m with you though, any more pro Bunker Boy BS outta them and I’m retiring my wallet.
Bunker boy is so damn funny

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom