Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Today’s wear
6B5B0EC3-D6FD-4F09-BB55-6BF913E51A96.jpeg

We've had recent posts in here kind of discussing the rise in sneakerhead culture and how difficult it makes trying to get your hand on shoes you actually want. How long do you think shoe drops will be done in a conventional way? Do you think releases will start moving more toward raffles? Or perhaps auction? I'm curious what you guys think as far as what/how you consider the most fair way for drops to be conducted. IMO I feel like within the next 5 years(this seems wild to even suggest but screw it) that almost every popular shoe model will have to be dropped via raffle.

We've had recent posts in here kind of discussing the rise in sneakerhead culture and how difficult it makes trying to get your hand on shoes you actually want. How long do you think shoe drops will be done in a conventional way? Do you think releases will start moving more toward raffles? Or perhaps auction? I'm curious what you guys think as far as what/how you consider the most fair way for drops to be conducted. IMO I feel like within the next 5 years(this seems wild to even suggest but screw it) that almost every popular shoe model will have to be dropped via raffle.
I personally don't think brands feel the need to change anything. Their product is moving, what more do they need to do? Multi-million/billion dollar corporations don't care about us. As for boutiques and shops, raffle seems to be the most conventional and fair. I could see more loyalty and rewards programs like kith's. But until the supply meets the demand it's an inevitable ****show. Fine by me I have too many sneakers as it is.

The raffle are happening now, especially with limited releases

NB992 NT- PP ---- Super Disappointed
Quality is terrible on both outside glue lines, anyone ever have any luck contacting NB directly,? Or is this going to have be a straight up return to END?
20200625_104828.jpg
20200625_104835.jpg
This is actually super disappointing as well as surprising. My Petey's from END are probably the best quality 992 I've received, no glue stains, no left over stitching, like seriously the cleanest 992's I've pulled out of the box. I hope you're able to get an exchange if possible, sorry to see you had bad luck.

Quality is terrible on both outside glue lines, anyone ever have any luck contacting NB directly,? Or is this going to have be a straight up return to END?
20200625_104828.jpg
20200625_104835.jpg
Size? Tbh I think that's going to be pretty standard for all CW of this year's 992s, my GRs were a little off in that spot too. Although considering they're my daily drivers after 2 months I don't really care what glue stains existed out of the box.

Also not overly newsworthy but interesting in my eyes:
4B6F571E-ABD1-46A1-BA6A-F0CEFEF63836.jpeg

a little weird to see a hyped up NB on a models foot this long after release, Kendall in casa 327s was definitely seeded, this just seems like a style choice.

Last edited:
20200625_104828.jpg
20200625_104835.jpg

Yikes.

On a side note. You may want to check your END. account since you recently placed an order. Someone must have hacked their system because someone tried to place an order on END. for $600 on my account. They even took the liberty of changing my billing and shipping address, which of course set off the fraud alert. I just bought something from END. last week and they have my info for raffles. Just a heads up for everyone.

Size? Tbh I think that's going to be pretty standard for all CW of this year's 992s, my GRs were a little off in that spot too. Although considering they're my daily drivers after 2 months I don't really care what glue stains existed out of the box.

Also not overly newsworthy but interesting in my eyes:
4B6F571E-ABD1-46A1-BA6A-F0CEFEF63836.jpeg

a little weird to see a hyped up NB on a models foot this long after release, Kendall in casa 327s was definitely seeded, this just seems like a style choice.
Size 12, I could handle a little glue- just worried they may continue to separate if worn.

Yikes.

On a side note. You may want to check your END. account since you recently placed an order. Someone must have hacked their system because someone tried to place an order on END. for $600 on my account. They even took the liberty of changing my billing and shipping address, which of course set off the fraud alert. I just bought something from END. last week and they have my info for raffles. Just a heads up for everyone.
That could explain why my email for the paypal I used for END had about 100 unsuccessful login attempts I was notified of. So doubling up on saying heads up to everyone that your information may be compromised.

20200625_104828.jpg
20200625_104835.jpg

unfortunately very common amongst 992s. probably an END return, these aren't showing up on any store's launch calendars

Size 12, I could handle a little glue- just worried they may continue to separate if worn.
Fair enough, was gonna say if they were 10 or 10.5 I'd probably take em off your hands at cost. I just checked my GRs and thankfully the separation doesn't look any worse than when I got them, it's definitely a little janky in that one spot but I don't see it so out of sight out of mind LOL

Yikes.

Changed my password just in case. Thanks

also you have to pay return international shipping to return to end. yikes. I'd just keep them or put them on stockX, ebay etc if you don't want them. just checked, my DS END. pair has glue stains on the outside part of one of the shoes. Kind of wish I'd gotten these first so that I could have made the better quality sivas ones my DS

Yikes.

That happened to me before and they just ended up locking my account. Had to make all new account in their site

20200625_104828.jpg
20200625_104835.jpg

One option you could try is putting a towel over most of the shoe, then using a hair dryer to slightly warm the glue that's stuck to the suede. When it becomes a little pliable you can use tweezers to pluck off the bits of glue. Just don't blast it on full heat for too long obviously, but if you're careful and patient you might be able to clean some of that up. Not ideal, but an option. Try at your own risk of course, but I've used that method to pick off little bits of glue on other sneakers.

NB needs to switch up that material of that little block on the midsole, it seems like almost every pair of 992 has glue issues in that exact spot.

if you paid with paypal, they'll reimburse you up to $30 dollars in return shipping fees if you ever want to consider that

Yeah but I think shipping that back to the UK will be at least $75. I think contacting End they might make an exception and give him a free label, I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom