Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

If you could rock only one pair of new balances for the rest of your life, what would it be? Specific model and color!

Probably Kith UA 997...Good mix of neutral colors+a bit of pop, so they would go with a lot of outfits. Most importantly they are comfy. Feel really dumb for not doubling on that pair when I had the chance!

Matt Welty posted an article on Complex titled "Why New Balance Is Having Its Most Exciting Year Ever' with some good quotes from Thomas Lindie (#nbgallery / Hanon) and Joe Grondin (NB).

one pair? M1400G
E98B2FA8-F704-4F3D-A015-05EB6FDCF927.jpeg

About the JFGs

Matt Welty posted an article on Complex titled "Why New Balance Is Having Its Most Exciting Year Ever' with some good quotes from Thomas Lindie (#nbgallery / Hanon) and Joe Grondin (NB).

one pair? M1400G

great article
my only gripe is Ronnie says the 1300 was the most expensive NB at the time
it was actually the 1600 ($180)

The prior scenario got me thinking.

Let's say NB was running a sweepstakes/contest and you won. The winner could have any past model remade, a GR or collab no matter how long ago it came out. What would you choose?

I would probably choose CNotes.

If I could only rock one pair of NBs for the rest of my life, I'd easily pick the United Arrows x New Balance 990 v4.

I picked up my pair during my trip to Japan in 2018 and I still regret not doubling up. 😭

53D1BB7E-10BB-487A-B842-82E6DAC26DA4.jpeg

3948EB8B-A3F0-4193-BC8A-7B26D7A0835D.jpeg

787B6629-B53E-4C0D-BCE7-D27B4225BB07.jpeg

If anyone is selling a size 12 or 12.5 please let me know. 😅

-Drew

Man anything above a US11 is a myth in Japan lol, you are lucky to have those. Even 11 can be super rare.

M990V4 grey for the rest of my life. Can be easily styled with anything but most importantly, COMFORT. 2nd place would be JP3's. As for 997's, they ain't comfy to last a whole day, let alone the rest of my life lmao!

Man anything above a US11 is a myth in Japan lol, you are lucky to have those. Even 11 can be super rare.

Oh bro, I was extremely grateful to have obtained a pair.

The hunt for my size actually made me appreciate the shoes and the kindness of the Japanese even more.
The United Arrows store that I went to in Shinjuku said they had sold out and one employee actually called around Tokyo to locate me a size 12.

Once he found a pair, the dude actually took the time to request my pair be held, and brought me and my girlfriend at the time to a completely different United Arrows store which was located in a different mall in Tokyo. The guy held it down and really made sure that I got my pair lol.

My girl and I offered to grab some food or even just coffee with us, and he just respectfully declined and went on his way home (it was the end of his shift).

I made it a point to only wear my United Arrows v4s whenever I'm in Japan. I love these shoes, bro. :emoji_rose:

-Drew

Back
Top Bottom