Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Was looking for something in the garage to run errands in and forgot i tucked these away. Quality on these is definitely up there
1E7D052B-FFB5-4199-9527-52E639E3B2EA.jpeg

Esrucs were quick from GOAT. Got some random Reeboks from StockX a month ago that are due to arrive Wednesday. Very hit or miss. I’ve also got some clown repeatedly buying and instantly cancelling the order for a pair of Air Max 1s I have listed on GOAT.

As a seller, during COVID, stockx was terrible when compared to GOAT when it came to payouts. Only bad thing about GOAT is that if you have something that does not show up often, the asking price that you can list is low and may not reflect current worth.

As a seller, during COVID, stockx was terrible when compared to GOAT when it came to payouts. Only bad thing about GOAT is that if you have something that does not show up often, the asking price that you can list is low and may not reflect current worth.
I have a bunch of stuff i wanna sell but ive read horror stories about people getting their stuff switched out within the warehouses and losing out on money/items. Might go to ebay but thats even scarier

I have a bunch of stuff i wanna sell but ive read horror stories about people getting their stuff switched out within the warehouses and losing out on money/items. Might go to ebay but thats even scarier

For the first time ever two months ago i started letting go of pairs, i just have too many :lol:, and ive only used GOAT (mainly because ive offloaded a few USED pairs and Stockx dont do used jawns) and i havent had any troubles whatsoever.. Ill say its been rather interesting to see the $$ ppl are willing to shell out for a pair of used sneaks. I aint complaining though, gimme that $$

geist 6one7 geist 6one7 peteypablo555 peteypablo555 and anyone else that might be interested. Here's a comparison between Ikea shoe trees and tissue paper.

There's a lot of pics so I'm putting it in spoilers so people don't get spammed with shoe tree talk lol

A shoe tree should do two things...

1. Offer some sort of structural support to the inside of the shoe
2. Absorb the moisture left by our feet.

Starting with the second point first, because it's way simpler. There are A LOT of sweat glands on feet. Even with socks, there is some moisture left behind in a shoe after we wear them. Newspaper and tissue paper helps absorb that. Ikea shoe trees are plastic, they don't do anything at all for that. The moisture is just going to stick around in your shoe, and eventually they will get musty.

Okay, now on to the first point lol. First pic is the shoe with Ikea shoe trees in them (Sorry they are Asics, I was going to use 997SOB but it is easier to see what I'm talking about with a full leather pair)

There is no structural support on the left and right sides of the shoe with the Ikea shoe trees. You can see this by applying very light pressure around the toebox.

A150C3DD-8EBB-4131-BC2E-F02CD8BA4BFA.jpeg
3DC59FB8-F7FA-4F13-8AC5-8F62450494C7.jpeg
670D2016-1126-477D-A648-BA497391592F.jpeg

Now compare this to a very small bit of tissue paper. Even that small amount adds so much more sturdiness than the Ikea shoe tree. It covers the whole width of the toebox much, much better. Same light pressure and you can see the difference.

35B9ECBC-DC5C-453E-B1BD-6A18AFDA996F.jpeg
21DD2EBC-456F-47F0-B317-0358AA4869A3.jpeg
006F8B93-0B0C-4C0D-A59D-F38193FBAB70.jpeg
BECEC298-4810-44FC-83E2-667E10FD08B0.jpeg

A few other reasons I don't like the Ikea shoe tree...That plastic on the front and back juts into the shoe. When you arch that spring, the inside toebox of the shoe is getting unnecessary pressure put forward, and the back heel of the shoe is getting unnecessary pressure pushed into it from the back of the shoe tree. I just don't think that's useful or good for the shoe at all. If you look at cedar shoe trees, they often have a sliding mechanism for the toe and heel, so when you slip the shoe tree in, you can adjust the length so it's not putting extra pressure on the front and back of the shoe.

7DC2E143-58DD-4997-A332-18263E6D868C.jpeg
E4C6D6D7-13E3-4FD0-8C9C-C5399183DCA6.jpeg

So basically I don't see any reasons to use the Ikea shoe trees. The shape is ineffective for everything a shoe tree is supposed to do. IMO use tissue and newspaper for shoes like this. I have dress shoes that I use cedar shoe trees for (Brooks Brothers puts them in sale every now and then), but for shoes like this you don't need more than paper.

Struck out at the mall but I gotta say the 327s are better in hand, almost copped orange but thankfully none in my size. I am wondering if this has always been the build quality because what I thought would be nylon is actually more of a mesh.
In addition, Foot Action did have a FSR of the 992TN that arrived only a few days ago, so stock is steadily trickling in.

StockX is a mess. I sold and old kith treats tee i had that they rejected without explanation then returned the shirt without the original box i sent it in. Submitted 3 support emails and pure silence for 3 weeks now. I'm 100% done with them. Ebay and goat from now on.

As someone who checks NB.co.UK a lot (I have a friend who will proxy me stuff even though the exchange rate is yeesh) this absolutely blows my mind. Seriously you check the NB UK and they have a TON of MiUSA models in different colorways as well as having a ton of MiUK models. The most MiUK models I've seen on the US site is like 6? maybe 7? What's up with that? Especially considering that the Flimby factory is clearly still able to produce shoes.

Another issue I wanted to bring up that I was curious if anyone else has. Franchised NB stores. I live in the DFW, TX area. There are SEVEN NB stores within a 45 min drive of me including 2 outlets. Seems pretty nice right? However all these stores are franchised and they all are stocked with the same stuff and almost all of that stuff is bunk(no 997's or any of the "lifestyle" models just average run of the mill runners/walkers) and almost all of the employees I've spoken to are uninformed on what is even going on with NB. I walk into a local store and ask if they happen to have any 992GR's left and am answered by the employee that the shoe has been discontinued since 2012 with no plans of returning and that I should be checking out the newest iteration of the 99x model the 990v5. That was a store manager. Does anyone else have this issue? Are corporate stores any better? It's mind boggling to me that while I understand these locations are franchised that NB doesn't seem to have a standard for their franchises or maybe just an informative video or flyer or something to send out to them to make sure these stores are in the know with what's going on as I don't feel like these locations in their current states are good representations of the brand.
The allen outlet have a couple knowledgeable guys. The university park store owner/manager is def clueless.

As someone who checks NB.co.UK a lot (I have a friend who will proxy me stuff even though the exchange rate is yeesh) this absolutely blows my mind. Seriously you check the NB UK and they have a TON of MiUSA models in different colorways as well as having a ton of MiUK models. The most MiUK models I've seen on the US site is like 6? maybe 7? What's up with that? Especially considering that the Flimby factory is clearly still able to produce shoes.

Another issue I wanted to bring up that I was curious if anyone else has. Franchised NB stores. I live in the DFW, TX area. There are SEVEN NB stores within a 45 min drive of me including 2 outlets. Seems pretty nice right? However all these stores are franchised and they all are stocked with the same stuff and almost all of that stuff is bunk(no 997's or any of the "lifestyle" models just average run of the mill runners/walkers) and almost all of the employees I've spoken to are uninformed on what is even going on with NB. I walk into a local store and ask if they happen to have any 992GR's left and am answered by the employee that the shoe has been discontinued since 2012 with no plans of returning and that I should be checking out the newest iteration of the 99x model the 990v5. That was a store manager. Does anyone else have this issue? Are corporate stores any better? It's mind boggling to me that while I understand these locations are franchised that NB doesn't seem to have a standard for their franchises or maybe just an informative video or flyer or something to send out to them to make sure these stores are in the know with what's going on as I don't feel like these locations in their current states are good representations of the brand.

I went to one near my parents place once and my god they were so ****ing stupid. I asked them if they carried any 577, 1500, or 998 and the lady laughed in my face and said "Uh. NO. We only carry high end NEW BALANCE here." That was around 7 years ago and I haven't set foot in a NB store since then.

Castle Rocks came in on Friday. Finally getting a chance to post. Last time I owned a pair of NB I was in the 2nd grade :lol:. After following this thread the past few months I’ve realized I missed out on a lot of classics & NB might be the most underrated sneaker brand.

D80DD71E-B984-4DDF-8482-BACF5D46AD57.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom