Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Concepts 990v2 Tyrion at Marshall’s😍 I’m a sucker for full suede uppers that I picked the last pair even though I was sizing up from an 11 to 12. Lovely shade of purple
E42F4F8A-FA9B-4CBD-8EAD-C84E74720E15.jpeg
7C751406-A413-4AC2-8F7F-70E3079A1167.jpeg

Last edited:
These are an odd grail... but these MiUSA 585's have been on my list for a while because I had a similar pair like 20 years ago(I think with navy leather instead of suede). They popped up on Ebay .5 a size too big and I risked it. Any tips on making slightly too big shoes fit a bit better besides thick socks? Any insole recs maybe? Better yet, if anyone ever see's these in an 11.5 please please let me know.
a46f4f2b-dc09-4140-a72c-f442efff6ed8.jpg

NB's best reissue / retro from the past 5 years IMO
ashame they were only done for a year or so and then stopped

Nice pair. I bought its mirror recently (below). Now that I see your avatar again I am going to have to change mine, I didn't realize they were so similar.
View attachment 2626841

No lace comments please, these are the pics from eBay, I have not been able to pick them up yet.

On a different, more sour note. I keep checking NB.com looking for new shoes and restocks. Today I noticed they finally sold their last remaining Made in UK shoe and the Made in USA offerings are pretty slim as well. There is only one 1300 (size 4.5), only one 997 model (sizes 8, 15) and no 995, 996, 998, 999 in sight. Comparing the selection against the NB.co.uk site is depressing. The US web store has 6 Made in US models available with 12 different shoes when you count different colorways and absolutely zero Made in UK shoes. The NB UK web store has 7 different US models in 53 different colorways and 7 different UK models in 69 different colorways. That's 12 different Made in USA or UK men's shoes from nb.com (USA) versus 122 different Made in USA or UK men's shoes from nb.co.UK.
As someone who checks NB.co.UK a lot (I have a friend who will proxy me stuff even though the exchange rate is yeesh) this absolutely blows my mind. Seriously you check the NB UK and they have a TON of MiUSA models in different colorways as well as having a ton of MiUK models. The most MiUK models I've seen on the US site is like 6? maybe 7? What's up with that? Especially considering that the Flimby factory is clearly still able to produce shoes.

Another issue I wanted to bring up that I was curious if anyone else has. Franchised NB stores. I live in the DFW, TX area. There are SEVEN NB stores within a 45 min drive of me including 2 outlets. Seems pretty nice right? However all these stores are franchised and they all are stocked with the same stuff and almost all of that stuff is bunk(no 997's or any of the "lifestyle" models just average run of the mill runners/walkers) and almost all of the employees I've spoken to are uninformed on what is even going on with NB. I walk into a local store and ask if they happen to have any 992GR's left and am answered by the employee that the shoe has been discontinued since 2012 with no plans of returning and that I should be checking out the newest iteration of the 99x model the 990v5. That was a store manager. Does anyone else have this issue? Are corporate stores any better? It's mind boggling to me that while I understand these locations are franchised that NB doesn't seem to have a standard for their franchises or maybe just an informative video or flyer or something to send out to them to make sure these stores are in the know with what's going on as I don't feel like these locations in their current states are good representations of the brand.

As someone who checks NB.co.UK a lot (I have a friend who will proxy me stuff even though the exchange rate is yeesh) this absolutely blows my mind. Seriously you check the NB UK and they have a TON of MiUSA models in different colorways as well as having a ton of MiUK models. The most MiUK models I've seen on the US site is like 6? maybe 7? What's up with that? Especially considering that the Flimby factory is clearly still able to produce shoes.

Another issue I wanted to bring up that I was curious if anyone else has. Franchised NB stores. I live in the DFW, TX area. There are SEVEN NB stores within a 45 min drive of me including 2 outlets. Seems pretty nice right? However all these stores are franchised and they all are stocked with the same stuff and almost all of that stuff is bunk(no 997's or any of the "lifestyle" models just average run of the mill runners/walkers) and almost all of the employees I've spoken to are uninformed on what is even going on with NB. I walk into a local store and ask if they happen to have any 992GR's left and am answered by the employee that the shoe has been discontinued since 2012 with no plans of returning and that I should be checking out the newest iteration of the 99x model the 990v5. That was a store manager. Does anyone else have this issue? Are corporate stores any better? It's mind boggling to me that while I understand these locations are franchised that NB doesn't seem to have a standard for their franchises or maybe just an informative video or flyer or something to send out to them to make sure these stores are in the know with what's going on as I don't feel like these locations in their current states are good representations of the brand.

How can I tell if a store is franchised? Have had the same experience at my local store. Just garbage stock

I’m not really a tie dye guy at all but these are dope, I would take a few if you make more.
Nice pair. I bought its mirror recently (below).
View attachment 2626841

On another note. I was checking NB.com looking for new shoes and restocks. Today I noticed they finally sold their last remaining Made in UK shoe and the Made in USA offerings are pretty slim as well. Comparing the selection against the NB.co.uk site is depressing. The US web store has 6 Made in US models available with 12 different shoes when you count different colorways and absolutely zero Made in UK shoes. The NB UK web store has 7 different US models in 53 different colorways and 7 different UK models in 69 different colorways. That's 12 different Made in USA or UK men's shoes from nb.com (USA) versus 122 different Made in USA or UK men's shoes from nb.co.UK.
Ya’ll keep snapping up all these 327’s and this is what happens smh.

There are two in my area and I’ve experienced the same; they make their money from the local Geri’s.

IMO the Ikea style don't do anything to help the shoe. Shoe trees are meant to hold the shape of the shoe, as well as a kind of moisture absorbent. For example with the cedar shoe trees and leather dress shoes, the cedar shoe trees are usually built in a way that helps the toebox and surrounding structure hold its shape, get rid of creases, and wick away moisture.

With Ikea shoe trees, it's just thin plastic, so it doesn't do any of things effectively or at all. IMO you are better off stuffing the toebox with tissue/newspaper and it will both hold the shape better than Ikea shoe trees, and they will wick away moisture as well. The Ikea shoe trees aren't wide enough and they don't stuff the toebox properly. Having the tongue collapse isn't too big of a deal IMO because of the way tongues are constructed and function. Also the ball on the back of those Ikea shoe trees...I always felt like they push into the heel of the shoe too much.

I know they're cheap, but IMO it is much better to just use tissue paper/newspaper for sneakers like NB/Asics. I'd even go as far as to say Ikea shoe trees do more harm than good for those shoes.
For expensive dress shoes, definitely splurge for cedar shoe trees.
For real? I found that the tongue collapses without trees. What's wrong with the Ikea ones?

The move is to stuff one or two pieces of tissue paper into the toe, then use the IKEA shoe tree. Replacing the ~100 or so I already have is way too daunting of a task. Think of the shoes I could buy instead!

The move is to stuff one or two pieces of tissue paper into the toe, then use the IKEA shoe tree. Replacing the ~100 or so I already have is way too daunting of a task. Think of the shoes I could buy instead!

You don't have to replace them all w/ cedar shoe trees, I'm just saying using only paper is fine. There really is no advantage to the Ikea shoe trees whether you're using them with paper or not (IMO of course lol)

Voorhees, New Jersey
I checked 2 others Marshall’s in the area, no luck. I’m debating whether Philly got any pairs or possibly TJ Maxx since theyre owned by the same company I believe.

Thank you.

Just checked my local Marshalls and aside from having only 2 mens NB's in the entire store, the men's footwear section as a whole seems to have shrunk significantly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom