Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Looking back through previous pages I see a lot of mixed reviews on sizing for 992. For reference I have the rivalry pack NB 997 sz8, NB 580 sz8, NB 327 sz8.5 and all Nike’s 8.5. What size would you guys recommend when ordering 992???

I ordered both a half size down and TTS and thought the half size down was way too tight. I was surprised because I have very narrow feet as well. So far the only model I feel like I can size down is the 1300.

$60 pickup from eastdane.
882538BA-B990-4C1E-BFC5-B17BC28CD941.jpeg

CFB56C98-C742-4A78-89FF-F4BC2A3E26B0.jpeg

I just got these in as well. It's weird...this is a colorway I've seen but never thought twice about, and never would've considered purchasing unless at a huge discount. But in hand, I like them a lot. The colors are bright but not to a retina-searing degree, and imo they flow pretty well together. Ultimately one of my best low-dollar pickups.

Anyone else’s 992GR have a smaller N logo? Here’s my tans for comparison, the only difference is my tans are a half size bigger. I’m just curious as to why it’s smaller.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 219
Anyone else’s 992GR have a smaller N logo? Here’s my tans for comparison, the only difference is my tans are a half size bigger. I’m just curious as to why it’s smaller.
What's the sizes? Been discussed before that they use a standard N for a range of sizes i.e 7-8.5, 9-11, 11.5+ etc.

N logos are going to be proportionate to size
for ex. let's say sizes 7-9 are small, 9-11 are medium, and 11-13 are bigger

can you imagine how silly the size 8 N would look on a size 13 ?
i'm not saying it's perfect, but it's better than using the same size N for every size
I get that, I just found it weird how much of a jump it was in size from just half a size up.

Yeah 8.5-9 was the example I remember for sure being mentioned earlier as to when they use the next size up N. I think the 8.5 looks particularly weird because it's the upper benchmark for the smallest N, thankfully 10s look great to me :lol:
Definitely gonna go for size 9 from then On. It really does look a bit off.

Not sure where you could find NB style laces in that color. I use standard flat parchment laces from converse.com in my 1300JPs though and the color looks good.

follow foxtrott_uniform on instagram for the cream laces. I copped some for my jordans but forgot to get the shorter joints for my new balance.

Attachments

• F123120E-72B2-444C-A7CB-B296B3F6B173.jpeg
    F123120E-72B2-444C-A7CB-B296B3F6B173.jpeg
    647.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom