Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

43357F10-AB8E-49EA-882A-6479F506DA43.jpeg

LPU - Just like everyone else.....

Well not everyone :smh: Had 2 entries in and whiffed both

In my experience, yes, typically that's true - but I can't say for sure about the 2002r because I don't own a pair. However I know a few NTers have them, like @syndicatepoogie and @flintgrey. Perhaps they can weigh in on sizing

EDIT: I missed it, poogie has already spoken

Thanks for the answer! It's just always a dilemma. i'm a 11.5 in 997 and 998 but in 990v3 and v4 it felt snug, but fine in the v5's. I'll take a risk!

I want to avoid using the term TTS since it seems people determine their TTS differently. So how does it compare to other NBs? I half size down from my usual size that I wear for other sneakers (8 in most sneakers but 7.5 for NBs).

this is exactly why i hate talking about TTS especially with NB. i think you would be good with the 7.5 and going 8 would be fine but prob a bit more space in the toebox

This! Nikes rock 12 for the most part, but New Balance 11.5. Went 11.5 for these 550s and they fit great. For me, not warranted to go half size up, although I do have some NBs in 12.

This is perfect. I completely agree on hating the term TTS. My ALD 550s i got in a 10.5 which is the same as my 992s and 327s

10.5 in NB but 11 in Nike so my TTS is 10.75 :lol:

1602706119307.png

This is TTS lol everything else is anecdotal... there is no Nike TTS vs. NB TTS.
NB (MiUSA especially) run long & roomy in the toebox therefore most people size 0.5 down.

For me Nike sb/running/sportswear are TTS, NB MiUSA is TTS-0.5, Yeezy is usually TTS+0.5

I’m seeing a bunch of 990 bringbacks listed on eBay, new without box. Did New Balance just unload a bunch of these to the Outlets / Ross / Nordstrom Rack?

I want to avoid using the term TTS since it seems people determine their TTS differently. So how does it compare to other NBs? I half size down from my usual size that I wear for other sneakers (8 in most sneakers but 7.5 for NBs).

Yeah, agreed, the term TTS is troublesome. Personally, after some trial and error, I now just purchase all NBs in the same size (US9). While I find there are certainly differences between models, I've been able to make them all work. I wear thinner socks with my 997s, and thicker with my 990s/993s (and maybe I lace those a little tighter)...but ultimately they all fit me fine.

1602706119307.png

This is TTS lol everything else is anecdotal... there is no Nike TTS vs. NB TTS.
NB (MiUSA especially) run long & roomy in the toebox therefore most people size 0.5 down.

For me Nike sb/running/sportswear are TTS, NB MiUSA is TTS-0.5, Yeezy is usually TTS+0.5

Good Luck trying to find one of these and someone that actually knows how to use it. For the record I am a 10.5 E on the Brannock I wear an 11 in all NB (can get away with a 10.5 in MiUSA) and 11.5 in Nike. Personal preference accounts for more than 50% of "Fit"

Back
Top Bottom