Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Is the Military discount is 10 or 20 %?
Depends. It goes from 10%-30% depending on what part of the DoD you're in.

It was 10% higher last year and they cut it.

Those 1400 look classy. They look like wing tips and other classic shoes.

Last edited:

Invincible x NB 1400 "brogue" What do y'all think about it?

Like the shoe color way,vids about the laces, luckily I can swap those out, I love brogues, definitely a good shoe IMO, hopefully it is reasonably priced, worries me about production numbers fr a Taiwan store, idk if it might get such a wide release

Did the 990 Blacks sell out on Premier already? I can't find them on the site.  Is it email link only??  If so, can some one PM me? Thanks!

Also, the new 999RTB up in all sizes on NB.com  

Great pics of those NiceKicks GTFan.

I'm in Charlotte for a convention for a few days. Plan on checking out Social Status to see if they have anything. Anybody in here from Charlotte or have any spots I should check out? If I come across anything good, I'll let you all know.
Not really much here. I live in charlotte and I end up getting most of my shoes online

Yeah I understand why some of the people on here are hating on the 999 elites, but you do have to remember that these were super mass produced in china. It's just the unfortunate fact that when something is made in such large numbers that quality control will suffer a bit for it. These aren't the made in US or England NBs that pass thru much more rigorous inspections. Even so you will still find some flaws with the shoes that come out of the better factories, i have had some made in US pairs that looked like they were straight up dropped in to the dirt and stepped on. I am still personally very happy with both of my pairs, they both came practically flawless and haven't cracked. I think that everyone is just giving these the stink eye because of the fact that they are made in china. But the fact remains that some pairs will have factory flaws, even out of the "much better" factories. It's just the luck of the draw, sometimes you win and some times you don't. In a perfect world NB would never allow a pair with even the slightest flaw to leave the factory floor. But unfortunately they are still a big business and if it means a couple million extra in the bank, of course they will let the minor flaws fly. I have to admit for a made in china shoe the quality is pretty good, just compare it to some nikes material and construction wise and it will win hands down.

If you want a pair I still highly recommend them, make great every day shoes. Just go in to it knowing that there may be some flaws.
Well-put.

It just still surprises me how many people are surprised to find defects with these so-called "elite" 999s. Really the luck of the draw it seems with these. Every two pages or so, someone has an issue with their pair, and it causes a few folks to question even buying them or rocking the pair(s) that they currently own. I love the way they look, but will not be wearing my pair until I figure out a solution to either returning or exchanging them at NB. It's just not the same quality we've come to expect from NB when one of their pro's is their quality production and material usage when compared to Nike.

Mass-produced = less time for QC/QA = more defective pairs on the market

Last edited:
Long story so I'll give you the cliff notes.  I live in the middle of no where in the mtns of Montana.  I was taking a walk and found an old lady who fell down the mountain side.  She was lying there for hours and I had to more or less carry her back to her house because she was in shock.  She turned out fine.  Guess I did my good deed of the day. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom