Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if jjjjound has 0 say in the design and just collecting a check. NB designers just putting out GR ideas that got scraped so they don’t go on sale and sell for well over retail.
Another bad take, go figure. I can understand why people don't like the collab, but it definitely fits with JJJJound's overall aesthetic. It's very minimal / understated / boring, which is kind of JJJJound's thing. I actually kind of like it for its simplicity, but I'm not sure if I can get past the black midsole.

TTS. For reference I go to TTS in 576/577/670/1500/991 for UK, and same for US made 997 and 992. Same TTS as newer made Asics GLIII as well. Only NB I've had to size down for 990v3.

Damn. I’ve gone down 1/2 for both the 997 and 992. With the latest GLIII that I’ve purchased (kadomatsu), I opted for my regular Nike size (+1/2 my usual NB size), and I was satisfied with the fit.

While we are discussing sizing/fit, how do the 990v2s fit? Same as the v3s? I’m considering just paying resale for the CP2s.

5C3E3362-A638-4A38-AD0B-E57DA2A64B92.jpeg

1B0B94ED-5990-4B7B-956F-491C7F40D740.jpeg

Damn. I’ve gone down 1/2 for both the 997 and 992. With the latest GLIII that I’ve purchased (kadomatsu), I opted for my regular Nike size (+1/2 my usual NB size), and I was satisfied with the fit.

While we are discussing sizing/fit, how do the 990v2s fit? Same as the v3s? I’m considering just paying resale for the CP2s.
I have a slightly wider than average foot. For the 1500, 997, and 990v2 I go TTS. I go half size down for the V3 due to the length and wider toe box. I wouldn't recommend sizing down for a V2.

Most people seem to size down for the 997 and 992, I'm probably in the minority there. I can size down in the 998 from what I remember, but haven't owned one in a while.

I also remember 1500's being a little long length wise, but narrow. You could probably get away with .5 down, but hard to say. Any shops you can find that offer free returns or at least accepts returns? Can order both and see which fits best. IIRC if you pay through Paypal, Paypal will reimburse your return shipping costs up to a certain amount, like 4 times a year or something like that.

Sizing.jpg

Always me when I'm about to purchase a specific NB model for the first time! :emoji_sweat_smile:

Sorry I like darker more neutral colors, I’m over 30 can’t fade tasting the rainbow.
I'm with you on that point, but your previous post was high subjective. The jjjjound 990v4 damn sure ain't it ,man. I don't get the rainbow vibe with jcrewxnb992. I just don't. You are aware the brown and navy are neutral colors, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot of posts from people just getting into NB. It is great to see the brand grow but sad knowing my days of picking up $50 MiUSA NB at Marshalls has ended....
That ended a while ago. Those are easy flips. Not gon' lie, i kept a few but, if i was chasing a higher priced drop i missed on retail seeing a grey made in usa box is an auto scoop to help towards the goal. But, it's been months since i've seen anything. The real resellers, not just casual flippers like myself, have started showing up at closing or opening, developing relationships with managers etc. Just like the Burlingtons.

Glad my size is gone, I was about to say ..🤦🏻‍♂️

pair from eBay came in. These are nice
ECA2A310-E701-43C5-9B3E-BE6A56F4414C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom