Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

ald taking your money for a raffle always makes me feel weird, lol. like what ya'll doing with the money in that small amount of time...?

ald taking your money for a raffle always makes me feel weird, lol. like what ya'll doing with the money in that small amount of time...?
It’s an authorization charge just to check that your bank account has the $. I feel like people who complain about this is using debit cards since the $ is actually taken from balance and may take a few days for bank to process it back if you don’t win.
If you using a debit card, switch to cc. If you using a cc, it won’t be posted if you take a L so it’s really not a concern. I guess in theory that $200 or so can be an issue if you’re near your limit but realistically you shouldn’t be spending that much of your limit on that card.

It’s an authorization charge just to check that your bank account has the $. I feel like people who complain about this is using debit cards since the $ is actually taken from balance and may take a few days for bank to process it back if you don’t win.
If you using a debit card, switch to cc. If you using a cc, it won’t be posted if you take a L so it’s really not a concern. I guess in theory that $200 or so can be an issue if you’re near your limit but realistically you shouldn’t be spending that much of your limit on that card.

I stand corrected, it actually takes if you use a debit? **** :lol:

If you’re still using a debit card in 2021, you deserve to have your money held.
dave-ramsey-blog-header.jpg

Put in my EA bid for the brown/green pair. HOpe the pre-auth scares most into not entering to guarantee my pair. If I don't hit for retail Ima still scoop a pair...
Wish me luck...

I use a debit card for everything. Learned my lesson with credit cards early in life. Outside of home and car I don’t have any debt.
Nah b. Just pay it off every month and you’re Gucci. Problem with debit cards is like in this case, they actually hold your actual money and whenever some clown inevitably steals your card info, it’s much easier to get your charges reversed on a cc.

I use a debit card for everything. Learned my lesson with credit cards early in life. Outside of home and car I don’t have any debt.
Keeps you disciplined but still not the safest way to conduct business- nevermind the rewards you could be reaping ( points,miles cashback ) . Get an Amex and be good.

Positive take is no debt but also most likely don't have a long history of established credit which can be worse later on when you need credit for big purchases.

no one complained once, i said it's weird... lmfao, i used a platinum amex...since we flexin our ability to use a cc on here today, lol.... it's never about the money g, don't ever ever get it confused. but again. if you use a debit card, it's reflected in your balance, THEREFORE it's taking money someone can't use for something else if the need is there. & again it doesn't answer my question...

Last edited:
Nah b. Just pay it off every month and you’re Gucci. Problem with debit cards is like in this case, they actually hold your actual money and whenever some clown inevitably steals your card info, it’s much easier to get your charges reversed on a cc.
Thats cool if you have the money and discipline, but alot of folks out here cant pay off their cards in total every month.
Keeps you disciplined but still not the safest way to conduct business- nevermind the rewards you could be reaping ( points,miles cashback ) . Get an Amex and be good.
True. For me Debit works best. Amex would get most people jammed up because they lack discipline and spend without having the funds.
Positive take is no debt but also most likely don't have a long history of established credit which can be worse later on when you need credit for big purchases.
For you younger guys yea establishing credit is good. However I have had just a debit card for past 20yrs and have a credit score of 800. I'm 42 btw

If my man's is debt free save for car and castle and this works for him, I see no reason to advise otherwise lol. But, going that route you gotta recognize and accept that you're putting yourself out there with scenarios like this 🤷🏿‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom