Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Interestingly New Balance sites outside the US seem to have better inventory. I wonder if New Balance UK and the other NB sites ship to US customers?
Would cost you a lot more, could be more expensive than buying from resell. MiUSA pairs are very expensive in EU/UK, almost double US prices.

Anywhere have 990cp3 or grey 992s in stock in a US 13 (or 12.5 if said models run big) for a reasonable price? Size? Has the 990s, but not trying to pay $300 for em.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Anywhere have 990cp3 or grey 992s in stock in a US 13 (or 12.5 if said models run big) for a reasonable price? Size? Has the 990s, but not trying to pay $300 for em.

Thanks in advance for any help.
My buddy told me some NB stores received some pairs of the 992 GR. I'd check if the NB store near you can locate a pair or try our boy Matt. YMMV

My buddy told me some NB stores received some pairs of the 992 GR. I'd check if the NB store near you can locate a pair or try our boy Matt. YMMV
Probably gonna drive out to my nearest outlet this coming Saturday, I’ll ask there.

Thanks!

edit: Walp, made what I thought was somewhat of a lowball offer on eBay for the 990cp3, and it got accepted… roughly $20 over retail, which isn’t bad, since seems most online spots don’t have anything bigger than an 11 or or.

Last edited:
Jeez missed 2 spots already. Any see these pop up anywhere else

This was to be expected. Keep in mind everyone else is thinking the same. I can already see these are gonna be tough to buy. Not only this colorway, but others too. SMH

Last edited by a moderator:
Came in today
D609721A-BDFE-46DA-933F-1A50316D455C.jpeg

Hey folks, I'm new around here but I could use a second opinion on this.

Just got these 993's straight from NB.com and noticed the suede panels on the outside of the shoes vary pretty noticeably in size. I'm just wondering if this is normal or if I should return them? I'd be glad to know yalls thoughts.

Normally I wouldn't sweat it. I've got 3 different pairs of 574's all in the same size and each one fits at least a whole size different than the others. So I knew stuff like this happens with NB. But these being a much pricier pair I'm a bit surprised they aren't on point.

Attachments

• IMG_20220108_061426772.jpg
    IMG_20220108_061426772.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 519

Just got these 993's straight from NB.com and noticed the suede panels on the outside of the shoes vary pretty noticeably in size. I'm just wondering if this is normal or if I should return them? I'd be glad to know yalls thoughts.

Normally I wouldn't sweat it. I've got 3 different pairs of 574's all in the same size and each one fits at least a whole size different than the others. So I knew stuff like this happens with NB. But these being a much pricier pair I'm a bit surprised they aren't on point.

I just checked mine. The left one is a tad higher than the other, not as noticeable as yours. I honestly don't pay attention to it until you mention it. I've been wearing mine and I love it. I personally don't really care.

Hey welcome. Really depends on how OCD you are...I'm pretty OCD so I definitely notice things like that and it might bother me a little bit, but overall since it's on the medial side of the shoe rather than the lateral I might let it slide...plus no pair will be 100% even, there will be little differences in sizing of the panels on all pairs. MiUK and MiUSA quality has slipped a little over the years, nothing drastic but IMO it isn't as sharp as it once was.

I wonder if JCrew will restock them?

I'd at least reach out to them (with the intent of a minimum 15% refund). As others have said since it's medial side it's pretty unnoticeable on foot but I've definitely seen pairs marked as 'factory seconds' with less glaring imperfections than that.

This is pretty annoying especially how mine got cancelled from J.Crew. Then it gets released at a boutique instead. Make it make sense

Like others have said, I personally wouldn’t care too much. If they’re still available, then sure a return and repurchase is an option. But end of the day, this doesn’t take away from function nor too much from aesthetics.

When they’re beat after your years of wearing them, you probably won’t be able to tell anymore anyway lol

If it does bother you and no replacements are available, you can definitely let NB know and I’m sure they’ll do something to make it right.

Like others have said, I personally wouldn’t care too much. If they’re still available, then sure a return and repurchase is an option. But end of the day, this doesn’t take away from function nor too much from aesthetics.

When they’re beat after your years of wearing them, you probably won’t be able to tell anymore anyway lol

If it does bother you and no replacements are available, you can definitely let NB know and I’m sure they’ll do something to make it right.

Thanks for all the feedback you all have given me.

I've already reached out to NB customer service about a refund or possible partial refund if I decide to keep them a couple days ago and sent them the same photo I posted here but I haven't heard anything back from them yet. I feel like if they gave me a discount I'd just keep them as there are no other issues with them that I can see.

I might also consider a return/reorder but the catch there is I used my last NB points on them and I wouldn't want to order another pair if I couldn't get the same discount. It was only $20 but still...
And with my luck who's to say the next pair would be any better.

Does make me wonder though if the right shoe with less suede material affects the sizing. I measured the difference and it is 5mm. Which doesn't sound like a lot of space but thats also the same length difference between shoe half sizes so sometimes a little goes a long way.

This is pretty annoying especially how mine got cancelled from J.Crew. Then it gets released at a boutique instead. Make it make sense
That's the thing, it doesn't make sense. The orders were cancelled for reasons unknown. Possibly supply chain issues? We'll never know. But to see them get released through small boutiques months later, some I've never heard of is a bit puzzling? Just imagine how difficult it could be to cop if and when there is general release. I recently reached out to NB to inquire. This was the response:

"We're sorry to hear your having trouble finding this item. Unfortunately, we don't have information as to why JCrew has cancelled orders and future release dates. JCrew would get there supply from our manufacturer directly, not our website. We have a few different options for the 2002R's available on our website in Men's sizes. We apologize that we can't be of more assistance. Please try reaching out to JCrew regarding there limited releases!"

So that's that I guess. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this what I'm assuming Is a glue stain off? I've never gotten this big of a blemish on any other pair of MiUK NB's before ever. And it's been a many of years. Even my lux 576s that I bought at GABES!... YES GABES... we're pretty much flawless minus missing the box top.
20220109_181711.jpg

Back
Top Bottom