Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpeg

Lol.. dudes the son of a ceo at lvmh… and he some exec at Tiffany. Threw on the diamond tennis bracelet just so u knew. Very cringe with the leggings denim n size too big forces. I’d bet the 827 are just some stylist purchase w no personal touch or input

Lol, these comments about Arnault's + his wife's fits are so weird.

1. Yes, because only a Tiffany executive/Arnault-heir would wear a diamond Tiffany bracelet....?

2. How tf do you know that the shoes are the wrong size? Like, what? What an odd accusation to make. Isn't it far more likely that a silhouette like the AF1 just doesn't work as well on dudes who have feet that are bigger than their frame would suggest (particularly when those dudes wear skinny jeans)?

3. What an equally odd accusation to make re: his wife's style. Like, it's just weird to suggest that the ALD 827s are the work of a stylist (and that there's no way it could be a reflection of her personal taste or style) when you know nothing about her. For the record, she studied at Central Saint Martins in London, is the co-founder/creative director of her own very successful fashion line, and she's Parisian... so the far more likely scenario is that she just has a pretty decent sense of style. For what it's worth, I love her fit here (it's honestly one of the few times I've seen the ALD 827s look good. Leave it to a Parisian woman, I guess).

4. Finally, the only thing cringe about dude's fit IMO is that ghastly NFT chain around his neck, to the point where it borderline negates everything else he's wearing. But that aside? I actually like his fit a lot, though I must confess that I'm very biased because it looks an awful lot like something I'd wear.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant, it's just really strange for someone like me to see people here hate on the dude's fit (cringe-NFT chain aside) just because it doesn't correspond with the average NT sneakerhead's sense of "style". Full disclosure/context, I was into fashion long before I started getting into sneakers (about 8-9 years ago), and my current day to day style is quite similar to Alexnandre Arnault's fit in that photo (which is probably why I took some personal offense to the hate being directed at his fit).

By contrast, while I find the "style" of most sneakerheads on here (and really in the US in general) baffling/incomprehensible, I long ago made the decision to try to approach these differences in taste/style with a bit of respect and humility, much the same way I'd approach a foreign culture that I didn't understand. Just some food for thought.

1. Yes, because only a Tiffany executive/Arnault-heir would wear a diamond Tiffany bracelet....?

2. How tf do you know that the shoes are the wrong size? Like, what? What an odd accusation to make. Isn't it far more likely that a silhouette like the AF1 just doesn't work as well on dudes who have feet that are bigger than their frame would suggest (particularly when those dudes wear skinny jeans)?

3. What an equally odd accusation to make re: his wife's style. Like, it's just weird to suggest that the ALD 827s are the work of a stylist (and that there's no way it could be a reflection of her personal taste or style) when you know nothing about her. For the record, she studied at Central Saint Martins in London, is the co-founder/creative director of her own very successful fashion line, and she's Parisian... so the far more likely scenario is that she just has a pretty decent sense of style. For what it's worth, I love her fit here (it's honestly one of the few times I've seen the ALD 827s look good. Leave it to a Parisian woman, I guess).

4. Finally, the only thing cringe about dude's fit IMO is that ghastly NFT chain around his neck, to the point where it borderline negates everything else he's wearing. But that aside? I actually like his fit a lot, though I must confess that I'm very biased because it looks an awful lot like something I'd wear.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant, it's just really strange for someone like me to see people here hate on the dude's fit (cringe-NFT chain aside) just because it doesn't correspond with the average NT sneakerhead's sense of "style". Full disclosure/context, I was into fashion long before I started getting into sneakers (about 8-9 years ago), and my current day to day style is quite similar to Alexnandre Arnault's fit in that photo (which is probably why I took some personal offense to the hate being directed at his fit).

By contrast, while I find the "style" of most sneakerheads on here (and really in the US in general) baffling/incomprehensible, I long ago made the decision to try to approach these differences in taste/style with a bit of respect and humility, much the same way I'd approach a foreign culture that I didn't understand. Just some food for thought.

Re: shoes being wrong size, he’s probably referring to this other pic

6AE27618-8C17-4E15-9FE1-F148A41F181B.jpeg

DDBF1424-F47C-48D2-A0A3-F75209259A18.jpeg

Also, this is probably a more legitimate criticism of the fit:

I think the clothes are fine. I think the problem is that with the rising popularity of watch culture and sneaker culture you have more fits where the clothes are just “there” and your eyes are drawn toward a statement piece, like a rainbow dial Hublot or Tiffany blue swoosh Nikes.

I think a good fit has more cohesiveness. Admittedly that’s not super easy with the two items I mentioned. It’s more an issue with how sneaker and watch culture has effected fashion as a whole in general.

I’m definitely not a fan of the stereotypical NT fit either fwiw. And to reiterate the worst thing about dude’s fit is definitely the NFT.

Seriously. and I was a little bent when I made that comment. :lol: Agree with both of y’all ka1555 ka1555 beeface beeface and yes dieworkwear is spot on. He’s a great follow. The sneaker head and hypebeast community have a hard time grasping his tweets lately lol.

the Cape

Was gonna say the same lol. “The shoes make the fit bro” type of comment

Or definitely the unbuttoned flannel over a tee

been wearing flannel over a tee since high school
the only difference is how much my flannel and tee cost

Back
Top Bottom