Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

0M6A8753.jpeg
0M6A8757.jpeg

2/2 now have tracking. I’d assume you should either have yours, or should be soon. If not, NBs are for old people anyway…. You don’t need em.
When did New Balance get the old man stigma? I don't remember it in the 90s

When did New Balance get the old man stigma? I don't remember it in the 90s
I think it’s common to see older folks wearing NBs. I see it all the time, especially the newer 990s, or not so popular running models.

Man, I don't remember it being seen as old people shoes back then. I do remember them being expensive and preppy. Also remember them being mentioned by NY rappers back then which leads me to believe they had a little moment in early 90s NYC.

My daughter is in high school and constantly tells me NB is for old people. 😂😂😂

I don’t really see anybody wear NBs at her school other than 550s. She did let me get her a pair of grey 990v6 which she liked. So maybe it’s slowly appealing to younger people.

Did a bit of digging and found this article

So it did have a little moment in the 80s and 90s in different sects. I'm guessing states along the Atlantic coast rocked with New Balance.

How were they seen in the UK and Japan? Was the old man stigma in those places, too?

So it did have a little moment in the 80s and 90s in different sects. I'm guessing states along the Atlantic coast rocked with New Balance.

How were they seen in the UK and Japan? Was the old man stigma in those places, too?
Japan is NB territory.

I feel like more urban areas tend to fw with NBs. I’ve always seen 574s rocked casually growing up, and the only time I’ve heard them referenced as “old people shoes” is when referring to the leather pairs with navy trim (similar looking to Nike Monarchs).

From a performance standpoint, I’ve always known NB to do the damn job and people often respected the quality.

I feel like more urban areas tend to fw with NBs. I’ve always seen 574s rocked casually growing up, and the only time I’ve heard them referenced as “old people shoes” is when referring to the leather pairs with navy trim (similar looking to Nike Monarchs).

From a performance standpoint, I’ve always known NB to do the damn job and people often respected the quality.
I was thinking that lol

this is fairly accurate
NB always cool from DC up to Boston

Back
Top Bottom