Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

regret not getting the navy 1300 when i had the chance.. still dont know why i opted for the grey..

This ubiq is getting pretty crazy ..its on a large scale and its getting a lot of attention as something like this should.. recent nb and asics have been looked at by the public differently recently and by the public i mean people that arnt really die hard nb people like those who post here ..is this a new trend?.

And then i saw the word "custom"

new-balance-1600-custom-1-784x486.jpg
new-balance-1600-custom-9.jpg
new-balance-1600-custom-8.jpg

yea from the heel picture i could definitely see it but they kinda remind of some old antique i found in my grandparents house once lol

Hey Guys,

I don't spend too much time in the NB thread, but I live in Philly, frequent Ubiq often, and just wanted to give you all a first hand account of how the release went down.

First off, anyone that actually went to Ubiq could have bought as many pairs as they could afford. At peak, the line was maybe 100-125 people...there had to be at least 400 pairs sold that day. Those pics that you see on IG/FB/Twitter are legit and no, you didn't need multiple people with you to make that happen. My girlfriend and I left with 12 pairs and we could have gone back for at least 6 more.

Each pair came with the dust bag and t-shirt (for you guys that did phone/web orders, you will DEFINITELY receive the dust bag, as it is inside the shoe box, and you will almost certainly receive the navy blue shirt as there seemed to be an endless supply of those and one was given out with each pair of sneakers bought).

I have NOT seen a picture of the special box yet...I was fortunate enough to win one and my girlfriend won one, which was awesome. The box is something SPECIAL. I will admit that i'm a Nike head, and presentation is something that i'm used to getting jerked on...but this box is absolutely amazing. I'll upload pics when I get home. The craftmanship from Good Wood is stunning...I'm almost definitely NOT selling either box.

Overall, good release. I was SUPER happy to see that the wooden boxes were absolutely random and all 24 were given away to random winners. You literally picked the pair that you wanted (hundreds stacked up in the regular NB box), after you paid for the pair, the store manager opened the box and if your had 1 of the 24 randomly placed metal keys, you won the special box.

Hope this helps...I'll be back tonight with pics. You can also check Ubiq's IG to see all 24 winners of the special box. I'm apthechamp (humble brag).

Peace.

Hey Guys,

I don't spend too much time in the NB thread, but I live in Philly, frequent Ubiq often, and just wanted to give you all a first hand account of how the release went down.

First off, anyone that actually went to Ubiq could have bought as many pairs as they could afford. At peak, the line was maybe 100-125 people...there had to be at least 400 pairs sold that day. Those pics that you see on IG/FB/Twitter are legit and no, you didn't need multiple people with you to make that happen. My girlfriend and I left with 12 pairs and we could have gone back for at least 6 more.

Each pair came with the dust bag and t-shirt (for you guys that did phone/web orders, you will DEFINITELY receive the dust bag, as it is inside the shoe box, and you will almost certainly receive the navy blue shirt as there seemed to be an endless supply of those and one was given out with each pair of sneakers bought).

I have NOT seen a picture of the special box yet...I was fortunate enough to win one and my girlfriend won one, which was awesome. The box is something SPECIAL. I will admit that i'm a Nike head, and presentation is something that i'm used to getting jerked on...but this box is absolutely amazing. I'll upload pics when I get home. The craftmanship from Good Wood is stunning...I'm almost definitely NOT selling either box.

Overall, good release. I was SUPER happy to see that the wooden boxes were absolutely random and all 24 were given away to random winners. You literally picked the pair that you wanted (hundreds stacked up in the regular NB box), after you paid for the pair, the store manager opened the box and if your had 1 of the 24 randomly placed metal keys, you won the special box.

Hope this helps...I'll be back tonight with pics. You can also check Ubiq's IG to see all 24 winners of the special box. I'm apthechamp (humble brag).

Peace.
You guys got 6 pairs each ? what number in line were you ? I was like number 70something. After I got my 4th pair they still had 2 keys left. I looked to see how many pairs they had left it looked like it was about 30 or so left. They still had about 20 or so people in the line, so i didn't go for a fifth pair. i think i got out of UBIQ around 2pm or so. I arrived at UBIQ around 6 30am. I was so hungry after that lol.

glad I decided against trying for these
laugh.gif
LMAO @ reselling these shoes for under $300 when the retail is near 200.
I was really going for the wooden box. they were $175 out the door. yes, right now they are selling for a little under $300. I'm in a financial state were I can sit on them for how ever long I need to and sell them for a larger profit down the road. The Bank is giving you what .02% in a normal checking/savings return ?

I'm not sure Charles Schwab would agree with your investment, but Ninjahood sure as hell would :lol:
Lol people that think $800 is an investment in their future. Even if you manage to double your money a year down the line, that isn't even enough for one mortgage payment.....

Anyways enough reselling talk in this thread. New pickup from a friend, was VERY skeptic about an Asian 998, but these proved to be a super dope shoe in person. Shape is pretty good too, the mesh toebox def helps to slim it down a bit.

I'm not sure Charles Schwab would agree with your investment, but Ninjahood sure as hell would :lol:

Lol people that think $800 is an investment in their future. Even if you manage to double your money a year down the line, that isn't even enough for one mortgage payment.....

Anyways enough reselling talk in this thread. New pickup from a friend, was VERY skeptic about an Asian 998, but these proved to be a super dope shoe in person. Shape is pretty good too, the mesh toebox def helps to slim it down a bit.

my point is if you spend 175 on a pair of shoes. Than sell them for a day later for 275. That is way more money than you will make having that 175 sitting in a savings account overnight. I never said anything about paying my bills or getting rich. Plus I would much rather trade the UBIQs for other over priced shoes I missed out on. Such as the Sneaker Freaker NB Asics ect. I saw them in person on feet at UBIQ they look really good. Even if I do "resell" them the money will go fund other over priced shoes. So, its all a big circle.

You guys got 6 pairs each ? what number in line were you ? I was like number 70something. After I got my 4th pair they still had 2 keys left. I looked to see how many pairs they had left it looked like it was about 30 or so left. They still had about 20 or so people in the line, so i didn't go for a fifth pair. i think i got out of UBIQ around 2pm or so. I arrived at UBIQ around 6 30am. I was so hungry after that lol.

Na, it was an illusion...They wanted to make it seem like there were less than there really were. Even after the keys were all gone (I actually left and came back like 90 mins later and there was STILL a line and STILL keys being handed out), they had many pair left. They had them stored in the basement and attic and brought them to the show room floor as needed.

Dat greed

I hear what you're saying...But in truth, when stores get these collabs, especially Ubiq, since it was their first, they DESPERATELY want to sell out as quickly as possible. Without getting into details too much, the store manager was HAPPY to sell multiple pairs (not at once, you had to get back in line...). Furthermore, one of the reasons that they made the wood box and random thing and not a "first 24" thing, is that they likely knew that once the fist 24 boxes were sold, they would have more difficulty selling the rest of the pairs with people knowing that they no longer had a chance to get the box.

Yea, on one hand it's greed...But on the other hand, I think a lot of people (certainly not pointing fingers, I very much fall into this group) feel entitled and feel like whether a store sells it as soon as they open, or later that day or later that week to a non-reseller, it's all the same...But in truth, it's not.

Just my 2 cents...

my point is if you spend 175 on a pair of shoes. Than sell them for a day later for 275. That is way more money than you will make having that 175 sitting in a savings account overnight. I never said anything about paying my bills or getting rich. Plus I would much rather trade the UBIQs for other over priced shoes I missed out on. Such as the Sneaker Freaker NB Asics ect. I saw them in person on feet at UBIQ they look really good. Even if I do "resell" them the money will go fund other over priced shoes. So, its all a big circle.
Ok that I DO understand. I just can't help but laugh at the folks that post pics of 10 pairs of kicks they bought for RETAIL along with a caption like " Yee get @ me bruh, makin more money today then any of y'all will make in the next couple months ".

Last edited:
If you won the special box, was the price still retail at 175 or did it cost more?

Last edited:
if you ordered from online, how would you know if you get the shirt or not, I could barely order the shoes, imagine if they added what size shirt I wore, hopefully it's a medium but I am skeptical that it will come with the shirt,

let's not turn this thread into reselling and the pros/cons, some like it, some don't, some do it, some don't

yes, same price and I think you would get another t shirt to go with it. So you would get both a blue and red tee
I see. Since there were only 24 special boxes, I'm assuming it was 2 full size runs that came with the special boxes or was it only one shoe size for all the 24 pairs? Either way, lucky you got them!

Back
Top Bottom