Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Allright ya'll.....what were your first pair of New Balances & when?

I'll go:

White/Grey/Silver 574's in 1993 or so.

Bought them at the OG New Balance outlet in Brighton, MA. North Beacon St. There was a short wave of NB's in my neighborhood 93-94.

my first pair was some 801’s

IMG_5524.jpeg

There was a huge gap for me between those and my next pair.

I got back into NB’s around 2016 or 17 when I saw some 993’s on sale at Marshall’s for $25

IMG_5525.jpeg
I was gonna say 574’s in high school until those 801’s were posted. I remember getting them from one of the few local shoe store’s (Front Runner) clearance rack before my 8th grade year. Somehow in high school I convinced my mom to get me a pair of 991’s from Smith’s Sport ‘N’ Shoe in Bloomington.

Side note: Did anyone spray all their shoes regardless of materials with that “Water/Stain repellent” they sold at the stores? I always remember that was the first thing we did to EVERY pair of shoes we ever got.

I was gonna say 574’s in high school until those 801’s were posted. I remember getting them from one of the few local shoe store’s (Front Runner) clearance rack before my 8th grade year. Somehow in high school I convinced my mom to get me a pair of 991’s from Smith’s Sport ‘N’ Shoe in Bloomington.

Side note: Did anyone spray all their shoes regardless of materials with that “Water/Stain repellent” they sold at the stores? I always remember that was the first thing we did to EVERY pair of shoes we ever got.

Scotch guard?

Used to use scotch guard in the red can. Worked well enough. We used to carry cans of it around, and spray the **** out of our shoes.

Yall think there’s any chance these Northern Lights 860v2s hit some type of discount?
Idk but I want a pair now, dont want to wait. Trying to see who can do $140 with free ship/no tax to Florida lol

But maybe I should just pay the nb.com tax and if I can grap a disco pair down the line, return a new pair back to em

First NB for me was a few years ago when I hurt my knee/foot and the dr recommended I get wide shoes for the time being. Had a few pairs of some black/white outlet version 998s

First actual ones were these. Made me realize I’ve been sleeping on NB all these years
IMG_2697.jpeg

Yall think there’s any chance these Northern Lights 860v2s hit some type of discount?
Idk but I want a pair now, dont want to wait. Trying to see who can do $140 with free ship/no tax to Florida lol

But maybe I should just pay the nb.com tax and if I can grap a disco pair down the line, return a new pair back to em
They remaining sizes on solestop are WELCOMEBACK15 eligible, not sure how that all shakes out w/ shipping to the states tho

These Wheat 574 Trailbusters from Joe's NB Outlet from 2016 or 2017 (?) were my first NBs. I think they were $50 shipped at the time.

21907_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Ended up really liking them, so I ordered two more, which are still DS. From there, I was intrigued by NB1 since NIKEiD's offerings were dry at the time. I ordered a couple of 574 NB1s to start, which earned NB points. I, then, redeemed those points for a free 998 NB1. After receiving my first 998 NB1, I was really impressed with the quality and materials that NB1 used compared to Nike, so I ordered more and more LOL! I then ventured outside of the 574 and 998 and tried different silhouettes and eventually other brands. Although Nike will ALWAYS be my #1, New Balance made me realize that there are other brands putting out quality products.

Anybody who has the sea salt 993s, do they fit a little tighter than other recent 993s releases? I got my pair from NB and they fit kinda tight compared to my ALD beef and broccolis.

2005 NB running shoes were my first. They were some of the only comfortable running shoes out then. Can’t recall the model but I want to say it was a number in the NB 9XX range or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom