Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Bro where you live at? It aint too hot for that shirt?

*looks outside, high of 72*

whatchu-talkin-about-willis-arnold-jackson.gif

Friend knows someone that got shipping on Scorpius today but they got it from the drop with no sweater.

Last edited:
That's how I feel about this v4....

1718667684689.png

I bought the Grey Day v4 at full retail - b/c size 13 - only to see them selling for considerably less later. Yet, I can't score this pair under retail for the life of me.

I know it's easier said than done, but you gotta do your best to not calculate the value to you based on market value. What's it worth to you? If the Grey Day v4 was more limited and resale was higher than retail, you'd be thrilled you got them for retail, but since they've gone on sale you regret paying retail.

Either commit to only paying what you value any specific sneaker at and wait to buy if (and only if) they hit that price or ... pay what it costs to get exactly what you want, exactly when you want it, and do your best to ignore price changes after the fact. Over-paying because of hype ONLY helps resellers.

brian8598 brian8598 That's all good in theory, but not as clean and easy in practice lol

Part of the joy and fun of it all is catching items at a good price, especially with the rising cost of retail. $230 after tax vs. below $160 is a considerable difference, especially when I don't need the shoes; I merely want them.

But these are big-footer problems. Our sizes usually never make it to the sales rack.

Pays retail = shoes sit

Waits for discount = shoes sell better than you thought, and you miss out.

game we play.

Boy you ain’t lying!!

The feeling you get when that discount is $100+ off retail after you bought at retail

Or

Carting something for so long and playing that mind game with yourself just to see your size sold out haha

Similar to the feeling when you blow an easy layup.

brian8598 brian8598 That's all good in theory, but not as clean and easy in practice lol

Part of the joy and fun of it all is catching items at a good price, especially with the rising cost of retail. $230 after tax vs. below $160 is a considerable difference, especially when I don't need the shoes; I merely want them.

But these are big-footer problems. Our sizes usually never make it to the sales rack.

I hear you. I'm an 11.5 or 12, so I'm there. And I understand the bummer feeling when you feel that you overpaid or missed out on a deal. I've come to realize that I am more likely to feel that disappointment than I am to feel the satisfaction of a good deal caught (being a big footer). But I am trying my hardest to consider these things before pulling the trigger on anything, whether at retail or at a deal. I feel increasingly that if I'm going to look back and regret paying retail, regardless of what price they are eventually available for, maybe I overpaid regardless, or didn't really want them as much as I just wanted some kind of win.

I'm probably in the same situation that many of you are in, where I've got 20 lifetimes worth of shoes sitting in boxes or on shelves, and if I pass altogether or just am very discriminating about my purchases, I almost never regret not buying something that I could have.

Anyone want plum or vintage rose V6 for cheap. Holla at me asap

Back
Top Bottom