Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Thanks for the info Sniper. Was on the fence about these, glad I can wait until they release here in the US to see if I really want them.

^No problem, bro. I know of a few international shops releasing theirs a week later on September 7th. Still have to check with my local shop and others to see if/when they'll drop here. But I agree, I'm still on the fence because I have so many runners with a similar colorway...

^They are not a Hanon exclusive release. They'll be at select NB accounts. The only thing Hanon will have that sets them apart will be their in-store release a day prior. The first 50 pairs will come with a wooden box. I'm still not set on these though. They're not bad, but they just look like a GR to me. Nothing wrong with GRs, but I expect more in collaborations...
If it wasn't for that lighter blue near the ankle I wouldn't have much interest, but they look clean and simple

I like the Hanon 1500's. I think they're one of the better NB collaborations of the year. If they look like GR's because they don't have outlandish patterns and materials on them, then there are a lot of NB collaborations that look like GR's.

hanon-new-balance-1500-a-chosen-few-1.jpg

hanon-new-balance-1500-a-chosen-few-8.jpg

Last edited:
^Don't get me wrong, I like them too. However, in terms of collaborations, I wouldn't say one of the best of the year. They don't have to be outlandish or bold to fit the criteria, but I'd expect something that sets them apart. i.e. Just comparing them to the previous CNCPTS release and it's like apples & oranges. They both utilize 3 shades of blue to go along with earth-tones yet one arguably looks more of a collaboration than the other. Again. Nothing against GRs as I probably have several more of them than collabs, but I'd rather choose the 1600 GR that I posted above than the Hanons...

^Don't get me wrong, I like them too. However, in terms of collaborations, I wouldn't say one of the best of the year. They don't have to be outlandish or bold to fit the criteria, but I'd expect something that sets them apart. i.e. Just comparing them to the previous CNCPTS release and it's like apples & oranges. They both utilize 3 shades of blue to go along with earth-tones yet one arguably looks more of a collaboration than the other. Again. Nothing against GRs as I probably have several more of them than collabs, but I'd rather choose the 1600 GR that I posted above than the Hanons...

I just said I thought they were one of the better collaborations of the year. I personally like them better than a lot of other collaborations that came out this year. I think the Hanon's look more like a special release colourway than some collaborations that came out this year. They don't look like the typical 1500 GR to me.

There's been a lot of simple collaborations this past year.

undefeated-stussy-realmadhectic-new-balance-cm996.jpg

ronnie-fieg-kith-new-balance-999-06-1.jpg

577-grey.jpg

burn-rubber-new-balance-580-blue-collar.jpg

I just said I thought they were one of the better collaborations of the year. I personally like them better than a lot of other collaborations that came out this year. I think the Hanon's look more like a special release colourway than some collaborations that came out this year. They don't look like the typical 1500 GR to me.

There's been a lot of simple collaborations this past year.
Better or best, it still doesn't change my opinion. They're nice, but nothing I can't find in a similar format elsewhere. When you compare 1500 collabs to the likes of Provider, Solebox, Mita, etc., these Hanons, in my opinion, fail in comparison so, to me, they look like a typical GR. Still nice, but nothing I'd be overly ecstatic about. Yes, there's been simple collaborations this year and of the 4 you posted, I purchased none of them. Not because of their limited release or availability, but because I either didn't like the color-blocking or already had something similar. The sales of the Burn Rubbers speak for themselves. Regardless, your view and others obviously is different...

Just a few examples of both bold & simple 1500 colorways that have more of a collaboration feel in my opinion...

While we're on the Hanon release, check out the manufacturing process...

Also, here are some nice GR 1500s for the Fall. To me, the Hanons look like they could easily be placed along with them as a trio...

Never said they were the best, just that I thought they were one of the better collaborations. I was trying to clarify that. Not trying to start a debate. Not a fact. My personal opinion.

Those Solebox 1500's are one of the nicest 1500's ever. There's also other sneakers that look similar to them that came out before them though. A black upper with a grey mudguard isn't the most original concept. Never liked those Provider ones though. I like the Hanon 1500's over the more recent 1500 collabs like the Nice Kicks, Crooked Tongues', and Undefeated's. I don't know what you're saying about the Burn Rubber Blue Collar's, but I bought those. I pre-ordered them off Burn Rubber because they were selling out completely on their site. Even the restock.

Those 1500 GR's you posted have a much more conventional colour blocking than the Hanon 1500's. To me, they would look out of place grouped with those.

So I usually don't mess around with NB's that much but i'm looking for info on the very top pair in this photo below. Anyone know what NB they are and have release info? I need them in my life!

They look like 1300's. I think those green 998's in the middle come out later this year, so the 1300's above them probably will too.

Never said they were the best, just that I thought they were one of the better collaborations. I was trying to clarify that. Not trying to start a debate. Not a fact. My personal opinion.

Those Solebox 1500's are one of the nicest 1500's ever. There's also other sneakers that look similar to them that came out before them though. A black upper with a grey mudguard isn't the most original concept. Never liked those Provider ones though. I like the Hanon 1500's over the more recent 1500 collabs like the Nice Kicks, Crooked Tongues', and Undefeated's. I don't know what you're saying about the Burn Rubber Blue Collar's, but I bought those. I pre-ordered them off Burn Rubber because they were selling out completely on their site. Even the restock.

Those 1500 GR's you posted have a much more conventional colour blocking than the Hanon 1500's. To me, they would look out of place grouped with those.
Like I said, better OR best, it doesn't make a difference as I don't see that term fitting for this collab. specifically...

It's a shoe, so you can't do much other than color-blocking and small intricacies. However, you can do it well and leave a lasting impression. Thus, why I posted two very contrasting colorways that did extremely well. (One Bold. One Simple.) I can't say the same for the Hanon's. They'll do well, but again, I don't think they will have the same lasting appeal compared to the much simpler/unoriginal colorway from Solebox. I/You like the Hanons over the collabs you mentioned because they're more or less hideous aside from the Nice Kicks collab, which also looks like a GR. Regarding the Burn Rubbers, I don't like 580s nor did I like the colorway. You apparently did so, in your eyes, they were beautiful. As for selling out, perhaps initially, but I can still find this release in several retailers and in a few local shoe boutiques...

The GRs I posted are supposed to have a much more conventional color-blocking. That's why they're a GR. As mentioned by another member, he's on the fence as well only for that slight adjustment of an additional hue near the ankle. Was that alteration enough for me to completely sway my mind? Not at all. I'm probably 20/80 on this release until I see them in-person. Even then, most photos are suffice enough to make my judgment already...

I just said the Hanon's being one of the better collaborations was my opinion. My initial post about them was just me saying I like them and that I think they're one of the nicer collaborations. I never definitively said they are the best. Why do you keep responding with that? The word "think" is in my post.

I only said the Solebox 1500's weren't entirely original or unique because you said the reason you didn't get any of the other collaborations is because there were (or you had) previous colourways for sneakers that were similar. But you posted one that wasn't entirely original. I've seen a lot of Burn Rubber White Collar's still out there, a few Blue Collar's (the ones I posted), but not nearly as many White Collar's. They also weren't limited to 3 pairs like a Fieg collaboration. Or limited to as many locations. Each collaboration is different.

I know the GR's are supposed to have a more conventional colour blocking. They're GR's. I was pointing out that the Hanon's don't look like GR's to me because of the unconventional colour blocking. That and I just like the shoes man.

^Yes. I'm aware of that. That's why I responded that, in my opinion, they're neither one of the better or best of this year. Nothing more. Nothing less...

When I brought up that I didn't pick-up any collaborations because I either didn't like them or had something, I was talking specifically about the 4 examples you posted. Of the 4, I already had something similar to the SNS collab and therefore, didn't purchase them. Same goes for the last Asics/Fieg release with the Neptunes. They don't necessarily look like a GR, but they were nothing I'd consider memorable. Again, that's just my opinion...

Regardless, I'm not completely against the Hanons. I may end-up eating my words if I see them in-person, but as of now, I'm not completely sold on them...

^You two have different opinions of the same shoe...not a big deal. Lets move on. On a another note can someone please let me know what specific time the hanons will be releasing please?

think im gonna pass on the hanons. i wish they had a suede toe cap instead of a mesh one because then it would be game on. in all honesty thats what sold me on the concepts 999's, i really liked the colors and blocking but once i saw the full suede toe box it became a must have. but thats just me...

Anyone know how much the hanons will retail for?

edit: nvm just saw their update on the site.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom