Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

My boy got his hyprcats and.... to each their own. Didn't like them in pictures, disliked them even more in person. I also hope the rumor about the mints only being released in Boston is false, any real sources out there?

i can't think of any new balance collba that has been store limited except ball and buck.
highly doubt they won't have a wider release

size 11.5 needed here... 
frown.gif

anybody get shipping confirm for c-notes?  I think I was the world's quickest checkout.I got my order in at 12:00pm

- On another note, my hyprcats came in.. To me, I liked the pics , seeing it on the internet and all. I was kinda blown away when I got it. I think its gonna be a hit\miss with alot of people.  To me, they are on point.  They just have that retro 80's feel to em....     Got mine with the grey shirt, and its sick. I actually love the logo, you gotta look carefully to see the image inside of it.  Took me a minute to see it.

Last edited:
Guys, what kind of laces did your hyprcats come with. I am trying to figure out why mine didnt come with the oval ones, like I saw in the pictures

Can anyone that has these in hand post up some pics. The midsole seems to be more yellow on the pairs I'm seeing. I also mentioned this earlier but those laces don't come with, either. Any other differences from this preview and the actual release?

Guys, what kind of laces did your hyprcats come with. I am trying to figure out why mine didnt come with the oval ones, like I saw in the pictures
Yeah, I'm pretty sure those oval laces didn't make it to the release version. Kind of sucks, since those looked best IMO. Can you confirm what I was saying about the midsole or am I just looking at bad lighting pics?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those oval laces didn't make it to the release version. Kind of sucks, since those looked best IMO. Can you confirm what I was saying about the midsole or am I just looking at bad lighting pics?
Just to give you guys a quick run down on my thoughts.. First, I want to say I had heard bad things about the 577..  I was very reluctant with ordering a 577... Alot of people said these were really uncomfortable.. My first impression\ experience is quite the opposite.. They have excellent heel support. I think the comfort was outstanding..  Materials - now I knew going in these were made in china NB's.. I can tell areas where they "skimped" on materials.. But one area that Im proud they did not skip on, was the suede. The suede is on point. Super-soft.   I love how on the side panels you can see little threads of yellow, purple, and red in the shoe.. ie,kind of like what youd see on a dollar bill (with blue\red threads scattered throughout).    Sizing - they fit just like the 574's, so if you want to order, make sure you order your 574 size.  If you are unfamiliar, they run small, order a .5 up. (in 999's, 1300's , 996, 998, I order my true size, 10. In 574's and these 577s I would have a 10.5)     Conclusions - I like them alot more than I thought I would.   I love the metal lace holes, makes unlacing a breeze, since I like both lace options.. I thought the biggest downside, was they didnt come with the oval laces as in the pictures.. It was one of the reasons I was purchasing, but honestly, having these in my hand, I could care less.

As far as your question..  Just to be clear as far as to the color of the midsole and lighting and what not..  It may look yellow in the shade.. But actually in sun-light, it brings the true color out.   The laces, tongue, and mid sole is not really yellow. Its more of an off-white.. Dont get it confused with an"OG" treatment, as it is NOT yellow. 

I got mine with a grey t-shirt, and I loved the little detail that they included a key-chain, which is super dope. I dig the geo-metric design alot.  On feet, they are not as loud as they show.  I tend to stay away from loud shoes, but these have more of a clean look to them.  All in all, Im impressed. I will be scouting for a 2nd pair.    

Last edited:

Just to give you guys a quick run down on my thoughts.. First, I want to say I had heard bad things about the 577..  I was very reluctant with ordering a 577... Alot of people said these were really uncomfortable.. My first impression\ experience is quite the opposite.. They have excellent heel support. I think the comfort was outstanding..  Materials - now I knew going in these were made in china NB's.. I can tell areas where they "skimped" on materials.. But one area that Im proud they did not skip on, was the suede. The suede is on point. Super-soft.   I love how on the side panels you can see little threads of yellow, purple, and red in the shoe.. ie,kind of like what youd see on a dollar bill (with blue\red threads scattered throughout).    Sizing - they fit just like the 574's, so if you want to order, make sure you order your 574 size.  If you are unfamiliar, they run small, order a .5 up. (in 999's, 1300's , 996, 998, I order my true size, 10. In 574's and these 577s I would have a 10.5)     Conclusions - I like them alot more than I thought I would.   I love the metal lace holes, makes unlacing a breeze, since I like both lace options.. I thought the biggest downside, was they didnt come with the oval laces as in the pictures.. It was one of the reasons I was purchasing, but honestly, having these in my hand, I could care less.

As far as your question..  Just to be clear as far as to the color of the midsole and lighting and what not..  It may look yellow in the shade.. But actually in sun-light, it brings the true color out.   The laces, tongue, and mid sole is not really yellow. Its more of an off-white.. Dont get it confused with an"OG" treatment, as it is NOT yellow. 

I got mine with a grey t-shirt, and I loved the little detail that they included a key-chain, which is super dope. I dig the geo-metric design alot.  On feet, they are not as loud as they show.  I tend to stay away from loud shoes, but these have more of a clean look to them.  All in all, Im impressed. I will be scouting for a 2nd pair.    
Awesome, thanks a lot man! Answered a lot of questions I had before I pulled the trigger on these. I'll be sure to try on a pair of 574s first.

Awesome, thanks a lot man! Answered a lot of questions I had before I pulled the trigger on these. I'll be sure to try on a pair of 574s first.
If it helps, they run very similar to Air Max 1's and 90's.. If you have a pair of AM90's, order the same size.  Its rare I get impressed by shoes, I have bought so many.. But these were definitely a nice surprise for me.

Last edited:

If it helps, they run very similar to Air Max 1's and 90's.. If you have a pair of AM90's, order the same size.  Its rare I get impressed by shoes, I have bought so many.. But these were definitely a nice surprise for me.
11 and 11.5 fit nearly similar to me in the Air Max 1, but I go with the 11. If I recall correctly, I needed to go .5 up for the AM90. 

I was a big Star Fox fan since a kid, so I have to add these to my collection haha. Love the tongue and the little additions they threw in...really cool.

11 and 11.5 fit nearly similar to me in the Air Max 1, but I go with the 11. If I recall correctly, I needed to go .5 up for the AM90. 

I was a big Star Fox fan since a kid, so I have to add these to my collection haha. Love the tongue and the little additions they threw in...really cool.
order your AM 90 size and youll be good to go.

Last edited:

Dap. I played and finished Star Fox on normal and hard. That was an awesome game. I still don't see the influence. They should come out with three video game shoes influenced by Zelda, Sonic and Final Fantasy.

Nice mini review, feelingood.  

I guess non-UK made 577s fit different, b/c I've always heard they run TTS.  Good info though man....thanks.  

anybody get shipping confirm for c-notes?  I think I was the world's quickest checkout.I got my order in at 12:00pm

- On another note, my hyprcats came in.. To me, I liked the pics , seeing it on the internet and all. I was kinda blown away when I got it. I think its gonna be a hit\miss with alot of people.  To me, they are on point.  They just have that retro 80's feel to em....     Got mine with the grey shirt, and its sick. I actually love the logo, you gotta look carefully to see the image inside of it.  Took me a minute to see it.
I received shipping confirmation earlier today around 11pm pst. I also checked out within a minute it released. Hopefully you get your confirmation tomorrow.

And thanks for your rundown on the hyprcats. I've been back and forth on them as I also like that retro look, but with so much heat coming out, it's just one of those releases I decided to pass on. Glad to hear the quality was on point.

I disagree about the hyprcat sizing. I'm a 10 in am90 and a 9.5 Hyprcat fits me perfectly

Back
Top Bottom