Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Its slightly unfair but not to the point where its a hell no if you really like the tassies. Theyre rare sneakers and all of those sneakers you're trading can be had at almost retail individually. The tassies will be worth more in the future as well too.

I receive VVVVNDS Tassie Devils for:

Bodega Hyprcat 9/10
Bait x Asics Phantom lagoons 9/10
Ronnie Fieg Americana 577 DS

Am I giving up too much????
You could sell those pairs individually & just buy a new pair of Tassies wirh money left over...

You could sell those pairs individually & just buy a new pair of Tassies wirh money left over...
Its slightly unfair but not to the point where its a hell no if you really like the tassies. Theyre rare sneakers and all of those sneakers you're trading can be had at almost retail individually. The tassies will be worth more in the future as well too.
Ya my point exactly. These are hard to come by and soon will be almost impossible to cop for any reasonable price.

Ya but trading 3 shoes at once is alot easier than selling 3 pairs individually...
If that convenience is worth it to you, it's completely your call. However, I wouldn't be too fixated on looking at (recent) footwear as "stocks & bonds". It's always amusing to see people put a price on used/new shoes in recent years as if they'll exceed/maintain that value (especially used). Footwear has a shelf life. Although the market makes limited footwear more grandiose than it truly is, the bubble will eventually burst. I buy/sell/trade as a hobby, but I wouldn't look that far into it in regards to long-term, monetary value...

To me, it looks like you'd rather get that crisp $100 bill instead of a bucket full of $300 in pennies...

If that convenience is worth it to you, it's completely your call. However, I wouldn't be too fixated on looking at (recent) footwear as "stocks & bonds". It's always amusing to see people put a price on used/new shoes in recent years as if they'll exceed/maintain that value (especially used). Footwear has a shelf life. Although the market makes limited footwear more grandiose than it truly is, the bubble will eventually burst. I buy/sell/trade as a hobby, but I wouldn't look that far into it in regards to long-term, monetary value...

To me, it looks like you'd rather get that crisp $100 bill instead of a bucket full of $300 in pennies...
Not gonna lie, im just lazy 
laugh.gif
 Would much rather trade 3 at once than have to go through the process of selling each pair individually but thats just me.

In regards to your last sentence tho..i have to disagree. I'm not going for that crisp $100 bill. Im that dude trading a couple holo charizards and a blastoise for that LE japanese holographic legendary nah mean? Imma shoe lover, and my ambition is eventually rock the sneaks that I love the most. Ya there are nice sneakers here and there that like, but they dont compare to the sneakers i LOVE. So ya im willing take a couple hits to eventually reach that makes me happy in the end.

The worth was only brought up to imply that the longer you wait the higher the prices will increase. It looks like @-Murkystilo- really wants/likes them if he's considering trading 3 pairs of kicks. Doesnt look like he's in it for the value of the Tassies. These were delayed a couple of times and being an international releases makes em rare on top of that. Depending on the size, its nearly impossible to find a pair on the market. I own a size 8 and I only seen it appear twice in DS condition since I purchased during release time.

Last edited:

The worth was only brought up to imply that the longer you wait the higher the prices will increase. It looks like @-Murkystilo- really wants/likes them if he's considering trading 3 pairs of kicks. Doesnt look like he's in it for the value of the Tassies. These were delayed a couple of times and being an international releases makes em rare on top of that. Depending on the size, its nearly impossible to find a pair on the market. I own a size 8 and I only seen it appear twice in DS condition since I purchased during release time.
I agree. It seems as if he's open & willing to take the hit as the Tassies are worth more to him on a personal level than market value. Granted, that's nice & how we should all look at collecting, but I'd rather go the route of purchasing the Tassies outright as opposed to inevitably paying/trading more than necessary. If footwear continues the way it's going, don't be surprised if you see a re-release (especially of the Tassies). I sold both my pairs at peak value & would gladly do that trade if I still had them...

Hey guys. I already posted in the RF thread about my indented toeboxes on the Daytonas. I wanted to see if you guys have any suggestions to try and fix this without ruining the suede. I thought I might be better off asking in here since it's a New Balance shoe and you guys might have encountered similar problems with these materials. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Or if there is a restoration/maintenance thread that might be a better place to ask, please let me know.

So far I've only found a suggestion to moist the suede and use an iron or hair dryer, but I'm a little hesitant to go to those measures just yet. I've searched the forums and the only one that seems to be any good is a JB thread and I didn't see anything with suede. Please advise. Thanks guys.

Hey guys. I already posted in the RF thread about my indented toeboxes on the Daytonas. I wanted to see if you guys have any suggestions to try and fix this without ruining the suede. I thought I might be better off asking in here since it's a New Balance shoe and you guys might have encountered similar problems with these materials. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Or if there is a restoration/maintenance thread that might be a better place to ask, please let me know.

So far I've only found a suggestion to moist the suede and use an iron or hair dryer, but I'm a little hesitant to go to those measures just yet. I've searched the forums and the only one that seems to be any good is a JB thread and I didn't see anything with suede. Please advise. Thanks guys.
Not sure you can do much about it. I dont have it in my daytonas but do see a little of it in my mints. It seems to be the way the leather was pulled and glued from the factory. I have tried stuff with socks and everything else but at the end of the day it will just come back. I just take it as is when dealing with these super soft suede toe boxes.

oh... please dont mess around too much and be like that poor soul in the AM1 thread that murdered his suede purple pack samples when he accidentally ironed the toe area. I still feel bad for him when thinking back on it!!!!!

Last edited:

indented as in pre-creased?
I wouldn't say it's creased in the usual sense, like the small creases that you see from wear. It is a much larger "crease" you could say that shows up when the toe box is unstuffed. That's why I'm describing it as an indentation... Sorry if this is confusing. I will try and post pics of it later today.

Not sure you can do much about it. I dont have it in my daytonas but do see a little of it in my mints. It seems to be the way the leather was pulled and glued from the factory. I have tried stuff with socks and everything else but at the end of the day it will just come back. I just take it as is when dealing with these super soft suede toe boxes.

oh... please dont mess around too much and be like that poor soul in the AM1 thread that murdered his suede purple pack samples when he accidentally ironed the toe area. I still feel bad for him when thinking back on it!!!!!
Yeah I figured it would keep coming back... Just wish there was something I could do. I'm not going to iron it, I'm afraid to even moisten the suede that it might stain or to use a hairdryer since it might dry out the suede too much. Thanks for your response though. Repped.

I wouldn't say it's creased in the usual sense, like the small creases that you see from wear. It is a much larger "crease" you could say that shows up when the toe box is unstuffed. That's why I'm describing it as an indentation... Sorry if this is confusing. I will try and post pics of it later today.
its more like wrinkling or rippling of the leather. Its very common on my Made in the USA pairs from NB. 

I wore my Daytonas  during last week. Someone stepped on it and it made a big dent on the left toe box. Every time I walk, you can visible see the dent/crease on left toe box. I stuffed bunch of factory paper to toe box area, and took white t-shirt that I don't wear it anymore and cover it around the toe area and use iron back and forth in dent area.... now I don' even see the dent anymore. I walked around the house and don't see the dent/crease. Maybe take some walk when all this snows melt and see how it goes..

Originally Posted by hanyeezy  

I wore my Daytonas  during last week. Someone stepped on it and it made a big dent on the left toe box. Every time I walk, you can visible see the dent/crease on left toe box. I stuffed bunch of factory paper to toe box area, and took white t-shirt that I don't wear it anymore and cover it around the toe area and use iron back and forth in dent area.... now I don' even see the dent anymore. I walked around the house and don't see the dent/crease. Maybe take some walk when all this snows melt and see how it goes..
You're a brave man, going the iron route. How many layers of your shirt was over the area? Once, twice? And what setting did you use on it? This route would be last resort for me I think...

yeah... i still wear it as beaters tho :D

You're a brave man, going the iron route. How many layers of your shirt was over the area? Once, twice? And what setting did you use on it? This route would be last resort for me I think...
I had one layer of my shirt cotton. Iron was on cotton mode, but I didn't put any pressure iron to the shoes. I kept tapping tapping press steam button twice.. If you put too much pressure to iron to shoes, it's going to make ugly mark.. 

Back
Top Bottom