Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

A few stores were having them marked at 180, same price as the 990's. I'll also be checking some of my usual eBay guys as they usually do a bit better on the prices too. 

A few stores were having them marked at 180, same price as the 990's. I'll also be checking some of my usual eBay guys as they usually do a bit better on the prices too. 
nerd.gif

Oneness was taking phone orders at $180... looks like they took their page on the 997 down though. There were a few more I saw on that day that had it priced at $180 which leads me to believe it'll be $180 and other stores are just marking up to $200 to cash in on the release. As far as eBay just do a search and keep your eye peeled. There's a handful of sellers that get a few size runs and usually mark them for BIN for around 15-20% lower then most online shops...

Also if you think 990 are heaven to walk on, you need to try these. The extra $20 are well worth it.
They fit TTS
Can't wait! I've always opinionated that the 990's were the most comfortable 'pure' old school sneaker out today. Sure there are those flyknit, lunar soles etc that are super cushy, but for a old school pure sneaker feel and comfort... the 990's topped my chart head and shoulders above all other NB's as well as most of the other runners too for walking around and standing around all day. That's ALL DAY, not a routine stop to a bro or ho's pad or to the supermarket. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: God
If you are mad at that price, you gonna be fill with hatred when you see the prices of the Premium Pack coming in the Fall.
Not mad

Just disappointed.  The 1300 at 159.99 and the 990 at 180.00 were high, but 200+ dollars is going to be hard to justify for a pair of runners.

Oh well.

Last edited:

These joints arrived today so I threw 'em on for some on foot pics. Fit similar to the 1300.
are you able to wear it comfortably while lace loosed?

my sizes so far

roshe, air max 1, 90, hyperfuse 90, FK1 all size 9

cole haan lunargrand, clarks DB, size 8.5

new balance 1300, 577 size 8.5

new balance 998, 997 size 8

If they're really going to be 200 dollars, that's a shame. I'm not understanding why they would be priced 30-40 dollars more than the 998s.
Because NB knows they are on fire right now, them and asics have taken the real sneaker heads from the big dogs like Nike who has been putting out such crap quality for sky rocket prices. While Nike has the common person dropping $ for every release every week, NB has a following going on by real heads who have been fed up with sell outs and hypebeastness 
Mad late, but this is quite possibly the dumbest **** I've read on here in a minute.  First of all, by using the wack *** term "sneakerhead", you've already let me know what type of cat you are.

But since we're already there, what is a "real sneakerhead"?  Seriously....can you answer that for me @jerusareem  ?

So people that have been into sneakers for years that wear Nikes aren't "real heads"?  So the brand new cats that are up on New Balance and clown Jordan Brand and Nike are somehow better "sneakerheads" than old heads who are into those brands?  Boy, wash your face.  

And 
laugh.gif
 at you thinking New Balance and Asics don't have a hypebeast following.  Why does every limited collab sell out within minutes whenever they drop?  Why has this thread gotten bigger and bigger over the past 2 or 3 years?  Why are the main shoes discussed in this thread usually the limited ones, despite NB consistently pumping out ill GRs?  Here's a hint:  it isn't the quality. 

The anti-hypebeast is the new hypebeast.  That's you, and you ain't eem know it.  

If they're really going to be 200 dollars, that's a shame. I'm not understanding why they would be priced 30-40 dollars more than the 998s.
Because NB knows they are on fire right now, them and asics have taken the real sneaker heads from the big dogs like Nike who has been putting out such crap quality for sky rocket prices. While Nike has the common person dropping $ for every release every week, NB has a following going on by real heads who have been fed up with sell outs and hypebeastness 

Mad late, but this is quite possibly the dumbest **** I've read on here in a minute.  First of all, by using the wack *** term "sneakerhead", you've already let me know what type of cat you are.

But since we're already there, what is a "real sneakerhead"?  Seriously....can you answer that for me @jerusareem
 ?

So people that have been into sneakers for years that wear Nikes aren't "real heads"?  So the brand new cats that are up on New Balance and clown Jordan Brand and Nike are somehow better "sneakerheads" than old heads who are into those brands?  Boy, wash your face.  

And :lol:  at you thinking New Balance and Asics don't have a hypebeast following.  Why does every limited collab sell out within minutes whenever they drop?  Why :lol:has this thread gotten bigger and bigger over the past 2 or 3 years?  Why are the main shoes discussed in this thread usually the limited ones, despite NB consistently pumping out ill GRs?  Here's a hint:  it isn't the quality. 

The anti-hypebeast is the new hypebeast.  That's you, and you ain't eem know it.  

He said "boy, wash your face" though :lol:

Hmm. I went half size down on 577, 998, 996, and 990. They all fit perfect. Hoping 997 fits well with half size down. Cannot wait go home and try 997.
If you wear the same size in 577,998,996 and 990 then that is probably your true size, at least in New Balance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom