Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Those new blue 998 look like a washed out version of the Denim Blue 998 that released in 2012.
I totally missed out on those back then. Loved that one too. Had a hard time tracking one down at a reasonable price and just moved on. These will definitely do nicely as a consolation.

I did... Im glad they sent out those apology emails though because I was definitely wondering what the heck was going on. I called my bank and everything lol 
Yea same here I woke up to like 5 of them and they sent me that 10% off plus free shipping coupon. Hackers man

id rather have the 998bd. still on the lookout for a pair. my size never seems to pop up. slept hard on those when they released.
It's such a toss up. Color blocking imo is better on the DB's but the light blues almost has that mono blocking clean light tone for it going on. Perfect spring/summer colors.

I got the sorry for the inconvenience email followed by three "how did we do?" emails lol

^personally, I love the light blues. can't wait to get a pair. DB's are definitely nice though

Last edited:
On another note, my 997 greys came in. Did not disappoint! Going to sport them to the Gym right now. Materials are as expected. Fit and comfort is pretty damn insane. Can't wait for the Navy's.

Gahhh I slept on the 997. Had them in hand on Saturday. Shoulda just grabbed them. If anyone knows where there is a sz 8.5 / 9, messages me!!

From modern-notoriety. I'm ready for these. 
smokin.gif

Received my 997's today. Quality is definitely top notch but I did notice one flaw on the heel that I wasn't expecting from a $200 shoe. It's minor but there's definitely a chip on the plastic. Still debating on returning them and grabbing the Navy pair next month.

Last edited:
Anyone else receive erroneous emails from newbalance.com today about phantom orders that were never placed?

I just received a follow up apology email with a discount code for my next order.
yeah I did as well, sucks that it can't be used towards a custom. There are 10% off coupons out there for Custom NB though so I guess it's not a big deal.

Last edited:

I paid $260 shipped which isnt bad being that they cost $200 retail.
WOOOOOWWW you made out with that one, what a steal! hopefully I land one soon, I've been on the hunt for weeks now. This release will haunt me forever, I hate Good Will for not making enough pairs

Damn son, I've seen the mita talk in my subscriptions but thought it was about the black/white joints, not these :smh:
Oh well

Yeah, I'm in for at least a pair^. They are a lace swap away from being a top 10 998 cw in my opinion. A good blue jeans color way. Still no release date, correct?

Back
Top Bottom