Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Went back a few pages and didn't see anything.

On the fence on the black Blue Tab 1400s. Anyone got pics that can convince me?

It can be the 890s or 1600s too. 

Welcome. All that "tiff highs, y0!" crap had you plexed? Although the SB thread on here is still a great thread, it was pretty clownish on NSB when I used to go on, havent peeped that site in awhile though.
Lol, you can say that. To be honest, I'm just done with the ****** materials and the overall style. I traded for a pair of Cnotes and couldn't believe the comfort and premium materials. Apparently, that's the norm?

My mistake they are the 997hwb technically, but the model is a 997.5. They appear around if you're patient...

Lol, you can say that. To be honest, I'm just done with the ****** materials and the overall style. I traded for a pair of Cnotes and couldn't believe the comfort and premium materials. Apparently, that's the norm?
C notes particularly have some of the nicest materials I've seen on any shoe let alone NB, with that said, You can always expect NB to come with very nice materials comparable to the c notes and if not anything else to your liking, a very comfortable piece of footwear. Besides that, compared to SB, new balance has a seemingly larger variety of models.

Anybody think the infernos will restock? That colorway definitely grew on me when I was able to see them on people's feet.

Long time lurker here, just got my sn and password back. Recently gotten into more runners, especially some New Balances and Asics.
Pool Blues look so nice. Sorry if it's been asked before but where did you get those shoe trees denniscu?

I scooped a pair of 998GGO recently, now just waiting for the weather to clear up enough to rock em outside (upper Midwest ftl). I want to grab Pool Blues next, just waiting for em to drop in price but I'm still tempted by the 20% off on YCMC.

Also I've seen plenty comments about people regretting passing on the Pebble Blue 998... jcrew.com has a FSR if anyone is interested. Now if only they'd somehow restock infernos :nerd:

Long time lurker here, just got my sn and password back. Recently gotten into more runners, especially some New Balances and Asics.
Pool Blues look so nice. Sorry if it's been asked before but where did you get those shoe trees denniscu?

I scooped a pair of 998GGO recently, now just waiting for the weather to clear up enough to rock em outside (upper Midwest ftl). I want to grab Pool Blues next, just waiting for em to drop in price but I'm still tempted by the 20% off on YCMC.

Also I've seen plenty comments about people regretting passing on the Pebble Blue 998... jcrew.com has a FSR if anyone is interested. Now if only they'd somehow restock infernos
nerd.gif
shoe trees are a dollar a pair from IKEA, if those are the plastic ones, which I'm fairly certain they are.

Yup. The materials and shape on the dunks got bad, those tiff highs are terrible IMHO. I think my last SB cop was skunks or SOLs. For the most part I only copped a couple blue boxes and just noticed creativity and materials were done. Then they put out some simple stuff but with crap materials...I still dig SBs but its gonna take better than a tiff high to wow me. Ill just rock the older stuff I have.

As for materials, esp with the newer releases, I think the US mades are hands down the best. Better than UK made IMO. There are def differences in materials depending on model and manufacture. I would say yout typical finishline asian made 574 you wont be wow'd with the quality. I have a few friends that have recently gotten more into checking NB and they almost always pick an asian 574 or 999 and tell me yeah, your right quality is so much better. Placebo effect.  I tell them to stop being scurred of the pricepoint and get a US made shoe, like a 998. leaps and bounds. Not that I dont like asian made GRs too, its just nowhere near a US/UK made in terms of quality.

I received my 999 Barber Shop today. Now I know why I don't like Asia made New Balance. While they are a nice shoe, they are clearly inferior to U.S. & U.K. shoes. I wonder how nicer this should would have been if they were made in the U.S. Does the 999 get made here often or is this model usually made in Asia?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom