Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Jumping on the bandwagon? Just because you have the privilege of somebody giving you information doesn't mean you have to act pretentious to the rest of us.

Some people just started collecting New Balances, and might just be excited because it's a New Balance.

nice purple devils. best post in the thread in ages.

Thanks man!

Jumping on the bandwagon? Just because you have the privilege of somebody giving you information doesn't mean you have to act pretentious to the rest of us.

Some people just started collecting New Balances, and might just be excited because it's a New Balance.

Relax guy, you saw one *****ty picture of a tongue, and you are already beasting...in no way did snipers comment seem "pretentious", he actually provided you with information not readily available at the moment

would you guys buy $250 seals or 2 pairs of different NB models worth $250??

The term has many applications and is classified as a trend.(Not intended as a negative connotation.) I actually don't mind the increased popularity as it's allowing these models/collaborations to be churned-out on a much larger scale. However, you're categorized within this spectrum as most photos I've seen are of shoes/collections that, literally, just released within the past 2-3 months. (Not a bad thing. Just pointing out observations.) I don't classify myself as an elitist so I apologize for the wording. It was not meant as a petty jest, but rather informing those who are recent NB-advocates that the photo above surfaced in 2011...

With that said, I think I'll gladly bow out of this thread as I'd rather not have to continually justify myself to prove a point...

Relax guy, you saw one *****ty picture of a tongue, and you are already beasting...in no way did snipers comment seem "pretentious", he actually provided you with information not readily available at the moment
Agreed. I would've waited until better photos have risen to make judgement as opposed to denouncing other pick-ups. I, personally, like them and can't wait until they arrive, but I definitely wouldn't have gone crazy over them if I had seen just that cropped photo...

Regardless, the Purple Devils set was the best post in the thread for quite awhile as higuy stated. I'm quite sad that I didn't catch the post the first time as I have quite a few runners in my collection yet the Purple Devils still elude me. Congrats on completing the set!

This thread is getting outta control... Can't wait till feig moves onto another brand so you new kids will leave.. I understand everyone starts somewhere and it's silly when someones collection is all releases in the last 5 months, and just happens to be limited releases. What happened to falling in love with a make and model, having to get a core/og cw, and than expanding? I fell in love with a 574 I saw at finishline back in 2003, and from there found myself into 577, 580, and 670. And when someone points out a teaser has been a around for a year and you can't handle being the new guy, than please go back to copping Nike sbs. If I don't get my staple 577a cause of all you kith and west clowns, im going postal. None of you new turds even own a 577

Last edited:
^ PumpLance, didn't recognize your username at first. I normally associate accounts with avatars.

I remember you had the avatar with all the Alife Court Victory Pump's on the Yuku board. This thread has gone through a lot of changes. I don't think these people know the type of NB collection you have. And have had for awhile now. This thread has kind of turned into a collaboration slop fest. Those teaser shots are ridiculous too. Fieg/KITH will post a shoe lace and 500 people line up for a release that's limited to 7 pairs. :rofl:

I actually like some of the new collabs, but the cost of entry is way too high now. eBay is full of savages now too.

Last edited:
NYC Marathon's
I really like this colorway. And one of the most comfier models I've had.
I bought this from DavidZ.com
And I would like to let everyone know that there is a high chance my debit card information got stolen somehow. I live in Kansas but over the weekend there were multiple charges made in the NY area/east coast. There were multiple gas purchases also along with a lot of fast food/restaurant charges on the way to Virginia where there were hotel charges over the weekend. My guess is that they took my card info and bought stuff and flied from NY because of the hurricane. But that's just an assumption.
The reason I think it was DavidZ is because they are a NY based store and it was the only transaction I've made since Thursday last week online. After I bought these shoes from DavidZ last week a day after I was charged an extra $1.30 something as a separate transaction and I didn't think nothing of it cause it was small. I got a call from my bank and said it was "unusual" but I was thinking, eh it was just an extra dollar something and then after that a bunch of charges started coming in. Didn't notice until today when my bank contacted me yet again.
Just a heads up for anybody that is going to buy from DavidZ from now on.
Thanks for the heads up, ill go through newbalance.com. Thanks for the updated pics, i love the 2012 990!

My new balance collection contains releases from the past 5 months as pumplance admitted. My lifestyle has also changed within the last five months, ie. better job and stable life. That being said, I owned 574s in middle school and didnt collect or pay attention to shoes until college. Now, I like a shoe, I get it. I like collaborations, not all. PERIOD. The quality asics, new balance and other brands are churning out are better than some nikes so that leads to people buying the shoes. Yes, overhyped, but it converts people like it did with me and new balance.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all"

ANYWAYS: yes I saw that teaser of the tongue, it's iffy, but let's see how it turns out.

I saw the new balance year of the "snake" (turtle, llama, w/e it is) and not my cup of tea

I wish everyone would quit crying about new people. Who cares as long as they're not re-selling. To the notion that "I'm new to collecting" is a front or whatever, I just don't see that being the case. Thanksgiving will be my one year anniversary of collecting so guess what?? All my shoes have release in the past year (which includes the past 6 months btw). So does that make me a hypebeast? If you think so you're an idiot plain and simple. My collection consists of Lebron's, Asics, and New Balance........now that I think about do most collectors not usually collect limited or rare items? So if someone likes collecting collabs/limited releases so be it. It is their $100+ dollars they're spending. Some people would rather wear shoes that everyone and their mom is t wearing.

as i have stated before i only got into NB's a little over a year ago so when it comes to NB's i do consider myself a new guy. that being said i think what some of the older(buying nb's for much longer) guys are saying is it is a little annoying when the newer people seem to blow their load over teaser photos and collaborations and are quick to drop knowledge when they are just a day late and a dollar short..

why dont you take a little time to do some research and read through the ENTIRE thread? google past releases and see whats up. you just might learn something and then actually be in a position to know what your talking about..

its the same thing in the asics thread, guys coming in posting pics of HAL's next collab like they are in the know when in reality they could have looked through the thread and they would have realized that they are about eight months late with the info...

my point is you have to be a student before you can be a teacher, just chill and take the time to learn, drop knowledge when its RELEVANT and in my personal experience ive learned thats its always best to assume that the next man knows more than you, until you are POSITIVE he doesnt..

as i have stated before i only got into NB's a little over a year ago so when it comes to NB's i do consider myself a new guy. that being said i think what some of the older(buying nb's for much longer) guys are saying is it is a little annoying when the newer people seem to blow their load over teaser photos and collaborations and are quick to drop knowledge when they are just a day late and a dollar short..
why dont you take a little time to do some research and read through the ENTIRE thread? google past releases and see whats up. you just might learn something and then actually be in a position to know what your talking about..
its the same thing in the asics thread, guys coming in posting pics of HAL's next collab like they are in the know when in reality they could have looked through the thread and they would have realized that they are about eight months late with the info...
my point is you have to be a student before you can be a teacher, just chill and take the time to learn, drop knowledge when its RELEVANT and in my personal experience ive learned thats its always best to assume that the next man knows more than you, until you are POSITIVE he doesnt..
It is pretty annoying when people ask questions that have the answer to them a page or two back. I read through a majority of this thread before I ever even posted on it because I was looking up past heat from New Balance. The thread itself is very informative as are some of it's members. I'm just tired of every update being about "new" people or "bandwagon" this "bandwagon" that. You can tell who a collector is and who an idiot is by reading their posts. Like all the posts about how much should I spend on these? Or would you buy $250 SEALS or buy two pair of other New Balance that come out to $250. How do ask those questions? It's a personal preference......if you like the shoes and are willing to spend that kind of money on them then by all means buy them. You don't need to ask other people what you should buy or what they think is cool. That right there is an obvious sign you're a noob or a beast. 

My seals are at the house waiting, and thanks for the link on nicekicks- i see the pair i want for $98 and my size only
mean.gif
why do i have to be so broke right now, i cant justify buying em right now
i'm going to take a guess that they're the M1300BG in a 13?

wtf lol.

keep going on about your lives and dont take anything personally. it's an internet forum. im ok with people buying whatever they want. it's ok if people are new to new balance or whatever, it was bound to happen eventually. nothing wrong with that. for me, it just sucks that now all of a sudden i have to see all these pickup posts that i could care less about. collabs left and right and a lot of them are just awful. you cant ignore them either. it's nothing personal against anyone. just a personal preference for me.

anyway, about the black pigeons. sniper is right, that exact same teaser pic came out a long time ago! frankly i never cared back then and totally forgot about them because it was so long ago. for those that are interested, just be patient, the info will eventually surface on size and reedspace if they dont pop up even sooner on blogs. the global release is only about three weeks away (24th).

Back
Top Bottom