Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Dude, I love the 1300's.  The only ones I've found more comfy is 1400's.  I'm trying to find a M1300GN size 13 under retail but I feel like its getting harder by the day.  I will say I have yet to try on 999, 1500 or 1600.  My comfort scale so far...

Most comfy (in range of most comfy to least comfy)

nike (haha, but really I'm not kidding) - although I'm really interested in the flyknit and roshe. (could you image what nike would charge if they had one division that made **** in AMERICA... prob $400.

if you like the flyknit, check out the adidas version. i have a pair of the red olympics numbered to 2012. and i like them. but back to the nb's

Dude, I love the 1300's.  The only ones I've found more comfy is 1400's.  I'm trying to find a M1300GN size 13 under retail but I feel like its getting harder by the day.  I will say I have yet to try on 999, 1500 or 1600.  My comfort scale so far...

nike (haha, but really I'm not kidding) - although I'm really interested in the flyknit and roshe. (could you image what nike would charge if they had one division that made **** in AMERICA... prob $400.
I think New Balance has it so the higher the model number, the higher the level of comfort is supposed to be (I'm probably late realizing this, but I never thought about it until recently).  I've never had a pair of 1500's, 1600's, or 1700's (gonna make the black/red 1500's this year my first I think) - anyone who has though - is there really a superior comfort difference with those models?

I feel you on Nike - I've always wondered though if they did make a "Made in the USA" sneaker, how much more it would cost.  But that would never happen, as Nike shareholders would NEVER stand for that %0.0005 drop in their overall profit margins (just keep paying substandard wages to sweatshops in Vietnam and China...).

Last edited:

nike (haha, but really I'm not kidding) - although I'm really interested in the flyknit and roshe. (could you image what nike would charge if they had one division that made **** in AMERICA... prob $400
Its funny that you mention flyknits and what Nike would charge if they made stuff in the USA. I predict that within 5 years Nike will open up a factory in the US that makes flyknit stuff. Not sure if you know but the technology is so innovative because its all done by a machine and woven in 1 piece (well not completely, but close to 1 piece). No need for a massive amount of chinese workers- just a few skilled workers running the machines. Insourcing has already started to happen with a LOT of industries and I have a feeling Nike is next. They will always have overseas factories, but youre going to see a sizeable shift. 

nike-child-labor-cartoon-just-do-it%255B1%255D.jpg

I sure will miss cartoons like these if it ever does happen tho 
tired.gif

OH, and the dude from the air force thread that commented on what i said before, theres a reason why I'm in this thread wayyyy more than the AF1 one and it surely isnt because I dont like air forces.
Its the 7-8 clowns that roam that thread
If you are gonna be in here often, all I ask is that you refrain from the dumb BS that goes on there.  

Last edited:
Just pulled the trigger on a pair of the 998rr. Closest that I'll get to the 998gnr which are pretty much sold out everywhere

Lots of dope stuff about to come out this year....

These are still my two fav pairs thou.....

Burn Rubber MT580...

And my fav....

Solebox 1500s...

Man, why you gotta do that. I had completely stopped my hunt for those 580s and then you go and post that picture and I have to start all over again. LOL

Wade, why don't you go ahead and just slide those 1500s my way? You got the upperhand on that Supreme Vans/Stillwater deal years ago.

Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and need to make a custom of those. Hate to bite on it, but they look great. Really well-done and I'm not even a 574 fan.

damn everyone is trying to bite off those customs...if you post the colors they are gonna be more played out than jordans!

damn everyone is trying to bite off those customs...if you post the colors they are gonna be more played out than jordans!
Chill out. In the scheme of things, niketalk's population is small. Who cares if someone "bites" them? Out of the # of members here, how many are actually going to create these? I probably won't just because I don't like the 574 silhouette. And again, who cares? It's a shoe. He posted them. They look nice. The viotech AM1 is hard to come by, so this is a nice alternative/homage to them.

Peace.

Chill out. In the scheme of things, niketalk's population is small. Who cares if someone "bites" them? Out of the # of members here, how many are actually going to create these? I probably won't just because I don't like the 574 silhouette. And again, who cares? It's a shoe. He posted them. They look nice. The viotech AM1 is hard to come by, so this is a nice alternative/homage to them.

Peace.
it was a joke ha

Oh, and this is my first shot at a custom 574. Blatantly ripped off of Inspired by one of the original Crooked Tongues 576s.
Very nice, I shoud've done this instead of getting the CT 1500 last year.  For mine I would go darker on the saddle to complete the full rip off though haha. 

Last edited:
Thanks, Perks. I have those CT 1500s as well. I figured I would do the 574s since I've given up on ever getting the 576s. The saddle colour is cool grey. It's a little darker in person.

Regarding the 25th anniversary 576s: if anyone is still debating whether or not to order online, you may want to wait a couple more days. I just found out that Capsule in Toronto is getting both pairs tomorrow, so maybe there is still hope of a wider North American release.

Back
Top Bottom