Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Yes sir Huntsville/Madison, I'm in Las Vegas now. Pants are from Stussy, they did those and a darker camo pair also.

Why can't I track these down?
mean.gif

Just got my 990s in im floored by the quality the suede is extremely soft the weave on the mesh is tight and thick. shape of the shoe is awesome no floppy shape shoe is overall a 10 for 10 retro .It doesn't get any better than this I'm seriously excited to own these Ive been just touching the suede for a good 5 minutes.

Got my 999 Elites and 1600s today. The 999s fit fine. They're a little busy. Definitely prefer the Red joint over the blue.

For the 1600s, I got a size 12 (I wear a 11.5 normally) and there is a lot of room in the toe box. I'm thinking of exchanging them but size 11 might be too small.

those look like 998's from jcrew. pants im guessing are dockers alpha camo

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...ll~mode+matchallany~~~~~new balance/95527.jsp

also, if i got an 8 in the 999 elites and they fit slightly loose, will i be able to fit into a size 7.5 of the burn rubber 580 collab?
yes you should find the 7.5s fine, the 999s and 580s seem to have an extra .5 larger, going down 0.5 on either one is not a dangerous gamble

those jcrew 998s, jcrew corks and evergreens will eventually find there ways to the brick-walled prison I call my closet

yes you should find the 7.5s fine, the 999s and 580s seem to have an extra .5 larger, going down 0.5 on either one is not a dangerous gamble

those jcrew 998s, jcrew corks and evergreens will eventually find there ways to the brick-walled prison I call my closet
Me too. Love the jcrew corks, and the 998s are great too. Hoping for a sale but it's unlikely.

must say that out of all the pairs i own, the 998 seems to be the lasting favourite. i would definitely go in on some id's if i had the opportunity.

Looks as if I did finally track down some Faceoff 3s. Can't wait to get them. :smokin

congrats! i just got mine shipped in from flightclub ny (w/ tax and shippin'...was about $235 total) yesterday...and man...they look like they're fully weatherproof or something w/ the materials used (was not expecting that). the pair that i got wasn't perfect craftsmanship-wise, but i really like that i can wear them in pretty much any weather and not worry too much about them gettin' permanently dirty or anything like that...

only slight annoyance, is that a size 8 might've been a more perfect fit for me than the size 8.5 that i got (i'd say they run roughly .5 size large). guess i'll just have to rock them w/ thicker socks, haha...

torres, if place you're lookin' at that has a .5 size smaller in the atmos than your usual size 11...if they accept returns w/o too much trouble, i would risk placin' the order, and just returning them if they don't fit right (or feel overly too snug for comfort)...

and as everyone else has already stated...awesome "flash" shot of the shoes stunnaman!

Probably going to try and scoop up some Seals this weekend. What do you all think is a reasonable reseller price? 230?

Got the navy 990s in from Zappos today. The suede is marked up near the toebox which is disappointing.

The tongue's lace loop is just cut directly into the tongue, which is a weird design. Water can go right through the tongue.

Last edited:
Got the navy 990s in from Zappos today. The suede is marked up near the toebox which is disappointing.

The tongue's lace loop is just cut directly into the tongue, which is a weird design. Water can go right through the tongue.
My pair had a little suede mark, it's nothing that major. The overall quality of the 990 is superb.

How are people getting the 20% off one-time coupon codes for J.crew? I'm looking to go ahead and use it to get my first pair of 1400's.

Probably going to try and scoop up some Seals this weekend. What do you all think is a reasonable reseller price? 230?
$230 is a pretty fair market price based on what I'm seeing them end at on eBay.  I paid a little more than that for a pair earlier today, but only because I was tired of looking/waiting.  Pairs in my size seem to have been popping up less and less over the past few months, so I bit while they were still somewhat in the range that I was willing to pay.  

BTW, my elite 999s came in and they look great. Can't beat getting em at $97 bucks shipped either...

My pair had a little suede mark, it's nothing that major. The overall quality of the 990 is superb.
The materials are great and they are super comfortable. I'm even impressed with the mesh. I'll keep them. The imperfections will just prevent me from babying them.

Just got my 990s in im floored by the quality the suede is extremely soft the weave on the mesh is tight and thick. shape of the shoe is awesome no floppy shape shoe is overall a 10 for 10 retro .It doesn't get any better than this I'm seriously excited to own these Ive been just touching the suede for a good 5 minutes.
My exact feeling when I received my pair. Truly an amazing retro. I am eagerly anticipating the future colorways.

Back
Top Bottom