Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Its been asked before, but I don't think it's been answered.
Are the Blue 999 Elites having the same midsole issues as the pics people have posted of the Reds?
About the pull the trigger on a pair of Blues, but even for a $90-110 shoe, I wanna wear it more than three times before it crumbles.
i been hearing more problems with reds than blues, but theres also people that have no issues with reds

its a gamble at this point, i wore my reds once and have real slight cracking on the midsole, havent worn the blues yet

My red pair cracked after about 6 wears but I live in Montana and I haven't been very kind to these shoes.  I blame myself for the cracking

Have the reds as well and after 3 wears, there are no signs of cracking. I'll be using them for a marathon next month and will see how they hold-up...

Last edited:
Have the reds as well and after 3 wears, there are no signs of cracking. I'll be using them for a marathon next month and will see how they hold-up...
That will be the true test.
Haha! It won't be one of those intensive 5Ks as I have specific footwear for those, but they'll still be used rather "spiritedly". It's one of those themed runs so I'd expect them to get some heavy usage throughout that day...

Its been asked before, but I don't think it's been answered.
Are the Blue 999 Elites having the same midsole issues as the pics people have posted of the Reds?
About the pull the trigger on a pair of Blues, but even for a $90-110 shoe, I wanna wear it more than three times before it crumbles.
Ive worn my blues for at least half a month, even in the rain.  There's hasnt been any cracking on the mid sole, though I may just be lucky? 

The paint job is a little flimsy on the elite 999....It will crack, its inevitable so Enjoy them !

The paint job is a little flimsy on the elite 999....It will crack, its inevitable so Enjoy them !

This. No cracking on mine but looking closely you can see how the paint isn't great quality and wasn't applied very well. Still a super comfortable, clean shoe and that shouldn't deter someone from getting a pair.

I appreciate the info. I'll stop looking. Hopefully there's another release with the Union Jack on the heel!

Buddy there's a few others with the Jack on the heel, 576 30th anniversary series, 576 pub pack, they are a year or so old now but are available in some spots.

Last edited:
been sleeping on NB til a couple months ago when i bought a pair of 574's as beater shoes for work, got my feet feeling :smokin 8) :D at work since then
so comfortable that i decided to purchase these bad boys for casual wear
:smokin

definitely purchasing more NB's in the future!! and currently in the hunt for those burn rubber 580's

been sleeping on NB til a couple months ago when i bought a pair of 574's as beater shoes for work, got my feet feeling
smokin.gif
glasses.gif
happy.gif
at work since then
so comfortable that i decided to purchase these bad boys for casual wear

definitely purchasing more NB's in the future!! and currently in the hunt for those burn rubber 580's
nice pickup

Buddy there's a few others with the Jack on the heel, 576 30th anniversary series, 576 pub pack, they are a year or so old now but are available in some spots.
Not a fan of either of those releases

Last edited:
Good to see a few NT'ers were successful
smokin.gif
Yeah congrats guys! I wasn't even sweating missing out on the Tassie's - I've almost resigned myself to not being able to get those overseas releases online at retail, but it's reassuring to see other members get pairs.  Maybe next time I'll be the lucky one on End or SNS or Hanon...

What's the next big release people are thirsting for?  There's nothing new New Balance-wise on my radar at the moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom