Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I think jcrew produced massive amounts of these and mask it as a restock or reissue. The quality on the 998 bt is just as good as pebbles or most us made 998's. Its a dope shoe for sure but $160 is a pass for me I walked into a jcrew in my area and tried them on and when they said full price I left them sitting there. That same pair is still there. I would rather drop $160/170 on a cnote that I know won't reissue or restock a year and half after release.your opinion is yours and I have mine if they drop the price I will purchase if not oh well
It was a re-stock... Trust. If you were one of the dude's in here thirsty as hell after they sold out waiting for their chance to grab them you'd believe it was a re-stock.

Kinda unrelated but my Pebble Blue story:

Walked into my local JCrew store after they had disappeared off the site. Had the lady stock-locate them for me. Store had 20% everything sale going on. Although it wasn't supposed to apply to 3rd party merchandise (New Balance) she gave me the 20% off and free ship. I think she did it out of ignorance...so I got my pebble blues for under retail. 

997 NV can't be on my feet soon enough...

Been hunting Autobahn days for a minute now, and a 9.5 is hard to come by... :nerd:

Anyone have any issues with 1300s where their foot slides a bit in the shoe when they take a step?  Like it moves across the insole and then comes back down?  Kind of hard to describe.  Happens to me on my left foot on my salmon soles.  Don't understand why when the other foot/shoe fit fine.  Thanks.
Baby powder did the trick, if anyone is having the same issues. 

I think jcrew produced massive amounts of these and mask it as a restock or reissue. The quality on the 998 bt is just as good as pebbles or most us made 998's. Its a dope shoe for sure but $160 is a pass for me I walked into a jcrew in my area and tried them on and when they said full price I left them sitting there. That same pair is still there. I would rather drop $160/170 on a cnote that I know won't reissue or restock a year and half after release.your opinion is yours and I have mine if they drop the price I will purchase if not oh well

Not true. There's been multiple production times on the Pebble Blue's. Check the "Made in USA" tags on the earlier photos and compare them to the current batch that are out.

My pair has the old tag and the current models have been popping up with the new tag.

The PB's have clearly been selling well for J Crew. Because of that, there's no reason to discontinue them.

Last edited:
Not true. There's been multiple production times on the Pebble Blue's. Check the "Made in USA" tags on the earlier photos and compare them to the current batch that are out.

My pair has the old tag and the current models have been popping up with the new tag.

The PB's have clearly been selling well for J Crew. Because of that, there's no reason to discontinue them.
so as long as people keep buying at that price no need to rush out and buy them cuz they clearly keep making more. So those of us still looking to purchase dont rush jcrew will just keep making pebbles

Don't step foot in DC then, you'll be swimming in a wave of 993's... the DMV has always been ahead of the curve with runners. You'll come around...

That's false. The dmv is full of hype beasts and foam heads. I do see some new balances, but ever so rarely.

For those who aren't wearing basketball shoes in the DMV, navy and grey 993s are a very popular choice...

Infernos > Pebble Blues

I would def. cop a pair of pebble blues under retail though. I've seen people sell them worn once or twice for way below retail like $120-130. That's a must price. I hope when those teal 1300s come out, we all could help each other cop under retail.

Those pebble blues are nice but not 160 dollars nice. Do they ever go on sale?
Rarely have I seen them go on same, jcrew has stopped putting some 3rd party items on sale and these are it.
if I have to pay full price yes. Rather pay full price for a new release rather than some that's been out for over a year and keeps getting made
So just because it is a limited run, you would rather pay for a shoe than something that "keeps getting made"? Looks like you just want the exclusivity tag on your pairs. Honestly, I like my jcrew pair more than a bunch of these recent new balance collabs and I hope they keep making them.

Why do you keep bringing up the DMV?
No one cares about what they wear out there

Back
Top Bottom