Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Received an email from jcrew about the 998 Indy. Says that it is in store in Boston, Costa Mesa, Honolulu, LA, NYC, and SF. No specifics on which stores in those cities. So call them up if you're looking.

Last edited:
$500 for a pair?
eek.gif

Hmmmmmm
nerd.gif
Lol i guess its true that a sucker is born every minute. J crew has people thinking these indys are that limited. Hurry hurry b4 they are all gone and you will never b able to grab a pair lol. They will have u believe that this release is like a united arrows 997 or something

That sucks man, what size was it?
damn, that sucks. I had excellent customer service with them. Besides not sending me a shipping confirmation it's all good. They called me 7am though making sure I got the shoes because they sent the wrong confirmation to a different email address. Lol

Anyone's preorders ship yet? I never got an order confirmation and the pending charge is gone from my account. Hmmm

I got an order confirmation after pre ordering. I was thinking of doubling up this morning around 5 a.m. but I think I'm good with one pair (just a little too much white for my taste).

These Indy 998s are nice but I do not think they are worth the $189 

maybe if they were $125 or $150 then ok 

Good thing I don't like the long tongue of 998s.

Just pulled the trigger on ml999crb and m1300nw from NB website with 20% + 10% discount,

using my friend's PF account and promotion.

Just called up the San Francisco store and placed an order for a pair. Everything is confirmed. Just as I was done, the gentlemen quickly said they were just about sold out. Great timing while I am in Maui!!! :pimp:

not gonna pay £175 for dirt magnets. 

£175??? Lawd. I initially thought the dirt magnet thing...I know most people will say, "Well C-Notes are better" but are those dirt magnets? If so, just that aspect didn't keep people from paying crazy resale prices on those.

I can get my size if I decide by the end of the day but I'm on the fence.

Last edited:
Its funny how some of the guys in this thread wouldnt pay the $160 for pebble blues but will gladly drop $175 for Indys. All based upon j crew saying these are limited lol. Sometimes we fall for anything and 998bt kills those j crew joints

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is allowed

the National Parks 998 > J-Crew .... in my opinion
Agreed. Look at it in reverse. If the J. Crew 998 were the national parks, people would be like meh...then if the 998BT came out for 4th of July, people would be going crazy!

I think the Jcrew indy days are nice but too much light gray / white for me. I would definitely take the BTs over them though. They have the right amount of each color. Plus that brown leather heel tab adds a touch of class. With stock laces or a lace swap (light grey looks the best IMO ). But that limited tag always gets people. Congrats to those who copped though.

Last edited:

I'm not sure if this is allowed

Agreed. Look at it in reverse. If the J. Crew 998 were the national parks, people would be like meh...then if the 998BT came out for 4th of July, people would be going crazy!
I love the National Parks 998s. They're awesome. A very clean color way. As I said in my previous post, I thought the JCrews had too much white. It sort of comes off plain whereas the shade of white the 998BT, the laces, the speckles on the sole set the 998BT apart.

I love the National Parks 998s. They're awesome. A very clean color way. As I said in my previous post, I thought the JCrews had too much white. It sort of comes off plain whereas the shade of white the 998BT, the laces, the speckles on the sole set the 998BT apart.
I totally agree and im sure u can get a better price on 998bt instead of almost $200 for that ultra basic indy joint

Pretty sure each store got 25 except for the stores that released them early. 10 stores total got them! Online there was 50 per size. What I was told by the j crew stylist
Yeah 25 pairs at the store I went to. 18 were pre-sold through phone orders, only had 7 to release today.

I don't know if it is just the limited tag, even though it might be a deciding factor for some people.

Personally, I like this colorway much better than the pebble blues and better than the 998BT. I didn't buy them because I was at work when they put them up online. Also €175 + shipping + taxes + the trouble of going to customs holding back my package made them less appealing. However, if they made a million of them and some European stores had gotten them, I probably would have bought them.

Back
Top Bottom