Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Everything on there is fake.
thanks...thought so with j.crew dark military's for $61. the tongue label pics had me fooled but the horrible translated copy writing sounded so off. that acronym is too much-- Comprehensive Multiple Brands with Cheap Products Available!

Last edited:

Look kinda rank

Anybody got any info on the grey 997s with the red black and yellow or the navy blue 996s that are part of that american novel pack? (pics a couple pages back before the jcrew indy hype)

Stopped by J Crew and picked up the 996 Metro Blues. What a fantastic shoe in person! Anyone on the fence about any of J Crew's lineup has to go to the store and check them out. All of their NB's are amazing.    

Figured I'd pull the trigger now as I'm seeing sizes disappear from their website and I've had no luck with their "Find It In Store" service once something is sold out. 

Stopped by J Crew and picked up the 996 Metro Blues. What a fantastic shoe in person! Anyone on the fence about any of J Crew's lineup has to go to the store and check them out. All of their NB's are amazing.    

Figured I'd pull the trigger now as I'm seeing sizes disappear from their website and I've had no luck with their "Find It In Store" service once something is sold out. 
Do all their stores carry their NB collabs? I got one 20 mins away but I dont wanna make the drive and find nothing

Do all their stores carry their NB collabs? I got one 20 mins away but I dont wanna make the drive and find nothing
For the most part, they should. I've visited a few stores in Manhattan and they all carry them. I'd give that particular store a call before you head out there and if you do decide to go, be prepared to spend money. 

^the earthy tones, the offwhite/cream color. Why argue about it though? To some, they're gonna be too similar to justify another purchase, while others will love to have them both. Why is that a problem?

Does anyone else find the laces on the BTs corny? I dont know, I just like my laces a solid color

Yup, that and the brown are why I never really got into those. The independence days are considerably better IMO.

The brown is what turned me away from the Pebble Blues, too. I dunno, just never liked brown on my sneakers, especially runners.

Last edited:
^the earthy tones, the offwhite/cream color. Why argue about it though? To some, they're gonna be too similar to justify another purchase, while others will love to have them both. Why is that a problem?
lol not a problem, just discussion, and both don't have off white color, but sure

I'm just saying man, now we're literally talking about the shade of a color. The point is they are slightly similar. It's not really worth taking up space going back and forth about it.

Back
Top Bottom