Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I was just on Jcrew searching for them and nothing showed up.

how did you find them?

and thanks!
DIdn't see them via search either.  Had to go to men's ---> shoes ---> and there was a big graphic with all the sneakers once you scroll down a bit.

Just grabbed the hilltop blues too. Sad they're backordered...however my closet will thank me according to them, so there's that haha

Last edited:
Can't believe the price of NB on the UK site. Only worth it once u apply the 20% code, full price is just not worth it

Those that are ordering hilltops today are at the bottom of the list and all preorders are taken care of first. I wouldnt be so happy until i got a shipping confirmation because jcrew could contact those that are just ordering and say due to high demand we cant fulfill this order and place you on a must have list which means if they get a pair in your size floating around they will contact you  Hopefully this wont be the case for you guys ordering now.

Last edited:
Crazy JCrew price for european customers with shipping and taxes, and of course excluded from any promo

267€ : 300$

Lame...

And since JCrew ditch most of their old 998s cws, these might be their new pebble blues or something, I havent read yet anywhere that these will be as limited as concrete jungles or independency, correct me if im wrong.

do you think new balance will offer more custom ability  with the 998? hate that i cant change the color of the sole. and when you choose the speckled sole the plastic pieces above it are black. also wish there were more perferrated colors.

has anyone seen the color NIMBUS CLOUD in person? 
How can you change the toe to perforated in the 998 customs?  Been struggling on the site for a while, and I can't seem to find a way to change the toe.

Last edited:
Got my order in. Good way to start a Monday 
happy.gif

dude i need your advice   , should i get some nike sb air max eric koston in villain red or some new balance mrt572

Thanks man , i need this asap

Check your email guys, my pre-order confirmation came at 12:28 AM EST this morning. Excited to get these in hand.

Copped the Hipptopers online.  Passed on all these Jordan releases the past few months but couldn't resist on these.  Wanted them ever since the picture leaked on the models foot.  Hopefully I get a shipping confirmation.

so 9.5 is back ordered but the 10n isn't? lol minus whale double sock with my 10. Shipping date is the 22nd. 
sick.gif

Those that are ordering hilltops today are at the bottom of the list and all preorders are taken care of first. I wouldnt be so happy until i got a shipping confirmation because jcrew could contact those that are just ordering and say due to high demand we cant fulfill this order and place you on a must have list which means if they get a pair in your size floating around they will contact you  Hopefully this wont be the case for you guys ordering now.

J Crew stays on top of their stock, so I can't see them having to cancel order. Folks that got thru today should be fine.

J Crew stays on top of their stock, so I can't see them having to cancel order. Folks that got thru today should be fine.
I've  had it happen to me before so..... like i said hopefully everyone eats but i would definitely keep an eye out on a shipping confirmation 

IMO The hilltop blues are just another staple colorway that will have plenty of pairs to go around. For their limited collabs (independence day, infernos, concrete jungles..) they had a whole story behind them and sent out e-mails with pre-order information beforehand. They just threw these up on the site. There's nothing on their blog about them either. I predict they will be available for awhile, similar to the pebble blues and ultramarines. 

Last edited:
IMO The hilltop blues are just another staple colorway that will have plenty of pairs to go around. For their limited collabs (independence day, infernos, concrete jungles..) they had a whole story behind them and sent out e-mails with pre-order information beforehand. They just threw these up on the site. There's nothing on their blog about them either. I predict they will be available for awhile, similar to the pebble blues and ultramarines. 

I don't know if that's the case here. You have to remember these were up in the air for awhile, they had been canceled and then rescheduled in May. There IS a story behind these, they're inspired by historic NYC baseball parks. They just didn't get a proper rollout/promo.

Don't count on these sitting for long.

Last edited:
I don't know if that's the case here. You have to remember these were up in the air for awhile, they had been canceled and then rescheduled in May. There IS a story behind these, they're inspired by historic NYC baseball parks. They just didn't get a proper rollout/promo.

Don't count on these sitting for long.
Yeah, you could be right... but who knows. No rollout or promotion behind them is what has me skeptical that they're as limited as indy's or concrete jungles. Especially them not updating their blog about them. It just seems like they're not making a huge deal out of it. But I pre-ordered awhile ago anyways and got my order confirmation already, so I'm all set.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom