Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I just called my local j crew. I was told "we have a bunch in each size". When asked if they were a limited release, I was told it's to early to tell.

Yeah, you could be right... but who knows. No rollout or promotion behind them is what has me skeptical that they're as limited as indy's or concrete jungles. Especially them not updating their blog about them. It just seems like they're not making a huge deal out of it. But I pre-ordered awhile ago anyways and got my order confirmation already, so I'm all set.

Yeah, definitely remains to be seen, just throwing my 2 cents in. Either way these are a killer colorway and I wouldn't want to risk missing them. Much prefer these over any 998 custom I can make currently.

Still nothing heard out from NB about my custom order.

More than a week now and kinda disappointed tbh.
I posted a little while back about this...I ordered two pairs (a perf pair and a mesh pair) and received the perf pair last week but the mesh pair was in their system as pending. After a few calls I found out that the mesh pairs are being delayed to fix the mesh toe box issue. Not sure how that could take long? I mean honestly you just sow the mesh at a diff angle. As of friday my order status on the mesh pair went from pending to sold out lol. The rep i talked to said that probably is not the case since i ordered Friday the 5th in the morning when they dropped. 

I hope i get some sort of compensation for this issue...Its been a headache. 

Sorry... order confirmation. Not shipping yet.
I got a order confirmation today as well. The email said the expected ship date is the 22nd

Last edited:
We all need to chill when it comes to new releases... be patient and everyone who ordered online should be fine. If not, there will be plenty offline in shop locations.

Canadians who ordered Hilltops!

I just got off the phone with j crew - they will adjust the price to $170 vs the $196 on their site.

I pointed out that no duty should not mean hiding the duty with inflated Canadian prices - the operator completely agreed...

I posted a little while back about this...I ordered two pairs (a perf pair and a mesh pair) and received the perf pair last week but the mesh pair was in their system as pending. After a few calls I found out that the mesh pairs are being delayed to fix the mesh toe box issue. Not sure how that could take long? I mean honestly you just sow the mesh at a diff angle. As of friday my order status on the mesh pair went from pending to sold out lol. The rep i talked to said that probably is not the case since i ordered Friday the 5th in the morning when they dropped. 

I hope i get some sort of compensation for this issue...Its been a headache. 
Annoying to say the least, I'm okay with waiting a little longer than the promised 3 days, but they could've at least kept me updated.

So j.crew stores got them? I think I'm going to try and find a pair when I get off of work and cancel my backordered pair

^^ Tried that too, apparently no stores in NJ have them
I am in the same boat. I live in Dutchess county ny. No jcrew around. The only one close is woodbury common and its an outlet store. No shoes.

I dont mind waiting for my pre-order to ship. Just pissed i ordered the navy jcrew 998 in a 10.5 not realizing they were not 10. I am a size 10 and go with the half size down and can get away with size 10. The 10.5 is a bit big and they are off the site now.

Canadians who ordered Hilltops!

I just got off the phone with j crew - they will adjust the price to $170 vs the $196 on their site.

I pointed out that no duty should not mean hiding the duty with inflated Canadian prices - the operator completely agreed...
Wow wtf I just got called them once I saw this and just got off the phone with them. They said they couldn't adjust the price due to their 'policy', I even mentioned that they had done it for you and they still said no... I ordered the new navy 998's though but I don't think that had to do with it. Canadian sneakerhead problems...

is there a way to call like j.crews customer service or look online to see multiple stores inventory? this would save me a lot of time.

I don't know if that's the case here. You have to remember these were up in the air for awhile, they had been canceled and then rescheduled in May. There IS a story behind these, they're inspired by historic NYC baseball parks. They just didn't get a proper rollout/promo.

Don't count on these sitting for long.

I also do think the hilltop blues will be limited.
I don't know if you guys realise but the limited Jcrew releases have a name.......

Such as concrete jungle, inferno, independence day.

The general release has no name attached to the shoe

man i've fooled w the 998 customs for quite a while now, and i know what my problem is....i don't like the color choices, time to wait on NB with an updated palate 

IMO The hilltop blues are just another staple colorway that will have plenty of pairs to go around. For their limited collabs (independence day, infernos, concrete jungles..) they had a whole story behind them and sent out e-mails with pre-order information beforehand. They just threw these up on the site. There's nothing on their blog about them either. I predict they will be available for awhile, similar to the pebble blues and ultramarines. 
yup 100% truth, these will be plentiful

I also do think the hilltop blues will be limited.
I don't know if you guys realise but the limited Jcrew releases have a name.......

Such as concrete jungle, inferno, independence day.

The general release has no name attached to the shoe
Uhhh. They're called Hilltop Blues.

Yeah, only one store around Dallas stocks NB to my knowledge so I'm praying they got them.

There's more than one Dallas J Crew that stocks NB. I'd be willing to bet the Northpark Men's Shop got some pairs. I'm swinging by after work.

There's more than one Dallas J Crew that stocks NB. I'd be willing to bet the Northpark Men's Shop got some pairs. I'm swinging by after work.
really? which ones? Northpark is the one i'm talking about. they never got any of the newer 990s. 2 weeks ago they had the ultramarines, the dark military, and the dark green 1400s. hard to say. i'm about to call them at lunch today.

Considering the J.Crew NBs rarely hit sales unless they're about to be phased out or someone has a 1-time use discount, buying them now or in 6mths won't really matter even if they're not limited. If anything, buying them later could see a price hike like the military grey 998 (now $170 from $160 when i bought them).

Check your inboxes if you are suscribed to JCrew, just got a $50 off $150 and free ship code, site wouldnt allow me to apply to hiiltops but called and a rep applied it no problem came out $126 shipped

Back
Top Bottom