Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

They are crazy in hand.

New balance just craps on every other brand every release including GRs
what size is this? how's the fit relative to independence days. go my normal 998 sizing for indy's, but they still fit huge. need to make sure this time...

That pic sold me on not cancelling my order. So many shoes look better in sunlight as opposed to in the studio.

just picked it up on my lunch break. really nice in person. 

oh and they said mine was the first pair they sold all day. so if you want them, they shouldn't hard to get....

Last edited:
what size is this? how's the fit relative to independence days. go my normal 998 sizing for indy's, but they still fit huge. need to make sure this time...

Its a 9. They're a bigger 998. Considered going a full size down from my nike size instead of my usual half. I don't have the Indys to compare to but they're bigger than most of my 998/997s

The toe box looks a little boxy (no pun) on those hilltops, any chance on a better pic of it?

The shoes above look a little like water shoes with rope laces, they are not for me

those 1550 feel like new balance trying to be nike. I don't like the "N" being seamless, makes it feel cheaper. put some better materials on it and maybe I'd give it a second look. But on those shots alone I'm not really a fan aside from the white one maybe. I need on feet pics. 

I might be the minority but I'm not a big fan of the Hilltop Blues. They aren't ugly to me at all, i just think its all the red accents that turns me off. 
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
Whoever posted the CTWENTY is the man. Just picked up the Luxury Goods for $220 shipped with concepts box. Not a crazy deal but under retail for a concepts collab...
nthat.gif

Whoever posted the CTWENTY is the man. Just picked up the Luxury Goods for $220 shipped with concepts box. Not a crazy deal but under retail for a concepts collab...:nthat:

and it looks like that code is back to not working. was trying to pick up a few more things while it was active again too, damn

How do you check to see if its working before completing transaction. Can you just proceed to checkout to test before actually purchasing? Thanks
Yeah, on the confirmation order page the redemption code is at the bottom. To get around the "commit to buy" add to your cart then hit proceed to checkout. 

Damn I ordered 15 mins ago...seems to keep going away then come back for an hour. 

yeah, i was able to grab a pair of KD8s for retail since I just want to check them out in hand, and by the time I went to grab the 998s i wanted, its was donezo

How do you check to see if its working before completing transaction. Can you just proceed to checkout to test before actually purchasing? Thanks

yeah, go to check out like on any site, and you'll see the field to enter a giftcard/voucher. enter the code there and if it works, its active, if nothing comes up then its not working anymore

Last edited:

I just called to check in on my custom.  Still pending.  I mentioned it's been 10 days and he says since I didn't pick expedited shipping, it can take 8 business days.  I told him the shoes aren't even in production yet, so that 8 days hasn't begun yet.  Got nowhere. 
Dude im in the same boat. I ordered mine over a week ago also. When I called wed of last week they said they would be shipped thursday. Then friday comes and they said they will be shipped by the end of the day friday. This morning they said they have to contact the warehouse because no info on my pair is available... Its weird that not all reps know about the mesh problem, you would think something that big would be announced to the customer service reps....

I would try again if I were you. I just got off the phone a half hour ago after reading @cdubsdad post and they adjusted it no questions asked. Even apologized to me for the mistake. I also got an email confirmation with the adjustment on it.
Called again as soon as I saw this post and same crap again.. the guy just gave me the runaround saying he couldn't do anything about it, but he did say I didn't get charged for the customs duty fee or shipping (today was free shipping on all orders). Btw did both of you cop hilltop blues?

Last edited:
Not knocking anyone complaining on custom wait time but personally I'd rather have NB take two weeks and get it right than have them take two days and mess something up.. In addition to the mesh issue my main problem with those early pairs is that I've seen the 3m heel part being screwed up. At least make it an option to choose two different colors lol

Back
Top Bottom