Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Any 998/997 of note in Lawerence?
i'm just getting into NB so i don't know that much about them... i did see some shoes with guitar picks hanging on them but not sure what they were. next time in there i'll pay more attention to the 998/997.   

I think these are it. Really wish u could swap out midsole-stripe colors. Just adding the option of choosing between a basic red, blue, maybe a beige and a true black would be awesome. Also leather accents would be major. But then again I think someone mentioned it, that would surely dilute there new releases.
nb releasing something similar in one of their upcoming collections

Picked up some 997CRG's from UO for $113 shipped.

Patience pays.
Thanks for the heads up man, I've known they've had those on sale for a while but never pulled the trigger, they're running a 20% off all shoes now which brought them even lower, just picked those up as well 103 shipped, free ship and no tax for some reason...  been an expensive weekend for kicks...
mean.gif

laugh.gif
    repped!    sz 11's left for whoever else interested-

Thanks for the heads up man, I've known they've had those on sale for a while but never pulled the trigger, they're running a 20% off all shoes now which brought them even lower, just picked those up as well 103 shipped, free ship and no tax for some reason...  been an expensive weekend for kicks...:smh:  :lol:     repped!    sz 11's left for whoever else interested-

Nice! Glad you were able to cop. They've been in my eBay cart forever at $149...Twitter put me on today. :lol:

Edit: and just like that, shipped confirmation. UO FTW.

Last edited:

$200 for some damn 998s? WTF NB three price hikes in a year?
END is british store, so their prices have nothing to do with shops and price hikes in USA.

They actually are 11€ cheaper than most recent 998 drops here in Europe, since retail price on regular gr 998 (on euro zone) is 200€ (and up depending on the pack), and these cost 189€.

About USA prices, retail on the blue one 998 of the ski pack is 180 usd in USA, and yes, that a 10usd bump early 2015 USA prices. 
mad.gif

Gotta say - I'm feeling priced out from MiUSA NBs now - the price hikes are even worse for Canadians (especially when you add ~13% sales tax).

Noticed most local stores are starting to not carry some newer MiUSA models or are limiting their size orders (only carrying from size 9 - 11) - so the days of 'waiting for discount' is getting slimmer.

It seems that most of the people here aren't 'kids' -- so it's not a matter of 'I can't afford it'... it's just getting really, really expensive and just not the value it was.

I mean who's buying these at retail? I do understand the frustration with the prices rising and the quality sliding a bit but aside from collabs not many people buy these at retail. Patience saves pockets when it comes to NB's.

END is british store, so their prices have nothing to do with shops and price hikes in USA.

They actually are 11€ cheaper than most recent 998 drops here in Europe, since retail price on regular gr 998 (on euro zone) is 200€ (and up depending on the pack), and these cost 189€.

About USA prices, retail on the blue one 998 of the ski pack is 180 usd in USA, and yes, that a 10usd bump early 2015 USA prices. 
mad.gif

For $180 spent for the recent hike, I'd rather do customs for a little more.  I agree that its crazy how prices have hiked up from $130 in 2012 to where they are now for a few slivers of horween leather on the heel tabs.

To top it off, more of these models are getting that toe puff action.

I mean who's buying these at retail? I do understand the frustration with the prices rising and the quality sliding a bit but aside from collabs not many people buy these at retail. Patience saves pockets when it comes to NB's.

Exactly, they always go on sale anyway so why bother paying retail when you can save a lot of money down the road.

Those same shoes were $120 on concepts a couple of days ago. Only NB I've paid full retail for were the premiers.

Is it me or are NB MT580's a little wide? The toebox fit would suggest near perfect fit, but they feel big on my feet which is disappointing. I have to wear thicker socks with them.

Is it me or are NB MT580's a little wide? The toebox fit would suggest near perfect fit, but they feel big on my feet which is disappointing. I have to wear thicker socks with them.
Def more space in the toebox than most NBs, I have one pair of gr 580s and they are .5 down from my usual NB size.

Back
Top Bottom