Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Last couple...

West NYC Alpine Guide 580

Country Fair 577

Hey guys, new to NT. Looking to get my first pair of NB and it's the M997 DSAI "Explore by Sea". Any web to look out for below retail? Sorry if this is posted before and thanks!

Hey guys, new to NT. Looking to get my first pair of NB and it's the M997 DSAI "Explore by Sea". Any web to look out for below retail? Sorry if this is posted before and thanks!
That particularly model is still relatively new so I haven't seen it for sale yet - chances are that most kicks from the "Explore By Sea" collection will go on sale this summer at all the usual spots. When the time comes for all the deals this thread is the place to be 
wink.gif

depending on your size, ebay has a few for 100 below retail in the 155-165 range.

There was a seller from Jersey who had a 9.5 on eBay for $140 shipped..I will try to find the link..he also had the 998 and 1700 from the pack..not sure of what other sizes he may have had though

#Throwbackthursday...lol...found an old external drive with a few flicks...I bought the white/green CT1500s too, just didn't have space for the pic. Always thought...if I ever get rid of them I can get them back...."nah buddy" lol

Edit: sorry for the Non New Balance kicks in the pic but had to get the Skippy's in the shot

Last edited:
So, Its official, I finally figured out my real shoe size LOL. 

got my boston 998's today, size 9.5 ( i wear 10.5 in most nikes-jordans due to width) and they fit great. 

I tried 9.5 with HTB's last year and they were too tight,, maybe it was just a tight pair, but after that I bout 3 998's in a size 10, way too long.

but I have dealt with it until recently. 

so, I guess 9.5 is my real TTS. 

time to sell some stuff.

So, Its official, I finally figured out my real shoe size LOL. 

got my boston 998's today, size 9.5 ( i wear 10.5 in most nikes-jordans due to width) and they fit great. 

I tried 9.5 with HTB's last year and they were too tight,, maybe it was just a tight pair, but after that I bout 3 998's in a size 10, way too long.

but I have dealt with it until recently. 

so, I guess 9.5 is my real TTS. 

time to sell some stuff.
 The Bostons fit in a 9.5 because of the leather liner bro.  Your 998 TTS should be the HTB size, 10 I'd say.   Or it could be as you said, a tight pair. 
laugh.gif

The Bostons fit in a 9.5 because of the leather liner bro.  Your 998 TTS should be the HTB size, 10 I'd say.   Or it could be as you said, a tight pair.  :lol:
Well I figured the bostons would fit looser due to that. But now I feel more confident about trying a reg 998 in that size.
I can wear a 9.5 in 997, snug, but good.
1400,996,574,990 all fit me in size 9.5
The vacation outlet store trip helped me realize that.

Plus the fact I have been wearing loose fitting nikes for years made new balance a difficult switch in terms of sizing. I never realized why people like a snug fitting new balance shoe until now.
I all makes sense now.

Last edited:

#Throwbackthursday...lol...found an old external drive with a few flicks...I bought the white/green CT1500s too, just didn't have space for the pic. Always thought...if I ever get rid of them I can get them back...."nah buddy" lol

Edit: sorry for the Non New Balance kicks in the pic but had to get the Skippy's in the shot
signed by jeff staple too?  that's really cool.  what's the story behind them? 

i could never go down a full size from my true nike size for 997s or 998s. half size down is perfect and snug already. 

only 998 i could/had to go down a full size are my 998 tassie devil pairs, since they were not produced in 11.5 and they luckily fit big compared to other 998.

Back
Top Bottom