Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Butterscotch have more padding in the shoe compared to the NYCs so they are definitely more snug, but length-wise both are the same.

I have a narrow foot and sized down .5 in both and find they fit perfect.

Also, i go TTS in other 997s, and sized down half for the other Concepts 997s.
the butterscotch has leather behind the tongue with a cotton sockliner whereas the nyc 997 has leather on both interior parts. i guess that could change the way they fit
Repped. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
new midsole up on NB1 and it's freakin gorgeous!

now to wait for a code.. lol

Last edited:
new balance 998 ggo day tripper(?)

scooped them july 4th weekend at woodbury commons for $70. which laces should I go with white or grey? they only came with white, these grey laces are from some other NBs.

scooped them july 4th weekend at woodbury commons for $70. which laces should I go with white or grey? they only came with white, these grey laces are from some other NBs.
$70??? Damn. I am jealous! That's a steal for those. I've been looking for a pair for awhile now.

I personally dig the grey laces. 

Size 13?.lol I seen those and some dude had a size 13 998RO in his hand...they had good stuff in big sizes. Good pick up

Size 13?.lol I seen those and some dude had a size 13 998RO in his hand...they had good stuff in big sizes. Good pick up
yea size 13 were in abundance for once but I kept it civil and only got these. 

wanted the 990s in green and navy (two different kinds, one with white logo one with navy) but size 12's fit too tight. Which sucks because sz13 is a little too big :-(

they had a lot of 998's, black and purple, RO's, distinct pack, and those sea green 998's. brown 997's(sz 12, also too snug)

Might have to make a monthly trip up there now that the New balance store is there.

with some exceptions, generally not a fan of lace swaps. the stock whites give it a certain balance. i think the designers try out a bunch of options and theres a reason why they ended up with simple white

Last edited:
FYI: not a bad time to drop into an outlet. i got a M991BHR (size 9.5) last weekend. it was in the clearance section for $44.98 and they had a 25% off sale going on.  final price was $34. they also had a bunch of 996s, 997s, 998s in ALOT of sizes. even saw the 997 Explore by Sea for $89.99 but in small sizes, 7, 7.5.

FYI: not a bad time to drop into an outlet. i got a M991BHR (size 9.5) last weekend. it was in the clearance section for $44.98 and they had a 25% off sale going on.  final price was $34. they also had a bunch of 996s, 997s, 998s in ALOT of sizes. even saw the 997 Explore by Sea for $89.99 but in small sizes, 7, 7.5.

Do they still have the size 9.5 991BHR? Need assistance...

Which outlet? Mind hooking a brother up with that size 7 or anyone? 

wow that's quite the come up and that's crazy RO's are still out there.. lol.

white laces

Went to the Brighton outlets today. Nothing. Some decent stuff in most sizes but someone definitely cleaned out their stock of 9.5 everything. Saw some larger size pebble blues, 997 nv, bunch of other color 998s and 997s in both smaller and larger sizes but 9.5 was bled dry.

On another note, looks like they fixed the outsole options on nb1. My linens look more like Packers dirty bucks and I'm not sure if I'll ever order them but at least they're mixing it up:

wow, stupid great deal.  bhr are one of if not my favorite "horween" leather that came out recently behind the 997bts.

there's a 15% promo code if you buy 2 pairs off NB.com - 15OFF2

tempted to grab these:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom