Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

great outlet pickups. he wasn't a sneakerhead that collects and all that, but he was telling me about  the resellers that come in with friends to swoop all the good stuff in the popular sizes.  the worker said some guy even tried to buy the 990's he was wearing lol.  dude was real  cool and tried to look in the back for anything in my size. 
thanks man yeah you always gotta ask someone who seems cool to check the back room for you. can't believe someone wanted to buy the shoes off his feet like they were '85 jordans
What the hell is this now?
NT confusing the **** out of me today
haha that's a scene from contact. great movie
Did you check out what they had in a 10/10.5?
i did cause i get 10.5 in 998 sometimes. actually the csam i scooped are 10.5. there was another dude there looking for 10s think he bought a 997dgm and 997dsai and passed on the 997csiy (retro ski). they had a 997gy in a 10 sitting there for weeks finally gone this time but they were $150 or something

I came home from the bar all drunk a couple of nights ago and ordered up 2 pairs of NB1's that I made on the spot as if I did not even have a single care in the world and with little concern for a discount code or my cloudy state of mind. Not sure if that is a good formula for designing shoes. Ill post pictures of my "blackouts" when they get in if i'm not too  ashamed by what I created. As of right now i'm afraid to even look at the confirmation email from NB to see what I made.

Kinda feels bad man.

I came home from the bar all drunk a couple of nights ago and ordered up 2 pairs of NB1's that I made on the spot as if I did not even have a single care in the world and with little concern for a discount code or my cloudy state of mind. Not sure if that is a good formula for designing shoes. Ill post pictures of my "blackouts" when they get in if i'm not too  ashamed by what I created. As of right now i'm afraid to even look at the confirmation email from NB to see what I made.

Kinda feels bad man.

Nope gotta share no matter what, lol.

See theres still a fsr of the end nb. You think those will hit discount. If so I might just cancel my order and grab later.

Kinda feels bad man.

That's hilarious. Not wanting to open the confirmation email reminds of not wanting to check my bank account after a long night out boozing.

You def have to share no matter how good or bad they turn out.

See theres still a fsr of the end nb. You think those will hit discount. If so I might just cancel my order and grab later.
It's hard to say if these will hit discount. You can always risk it. My bet is that they will eventually hit discount but that it won't be for a really long time. Boutiques never put their collabs on sale unless they absolutely have to. END's Red Noise collab with Saucony eventually went on sale if I remember correctly though it took a while.

It's hard to say if these will hit discount. You can always risk it. My bet is that they will eventually hit discount but that it won't be for a really long time. Boutiques never put their collabs on sale unless they absolutely have to. END's Red Noise collab with Saucony eventually went on sale if I remember correctly though it took a while.

Appreciate the feedback. Yeah Ill prolly just stick with the order then. Seeing those red noise on sale and the fsr was what prompted my question. Thanks again. Repped

Local J Crew had these out today. Once again, a white midsole would have been much better.

Solid colorway IMO. I'll definitely grab a pair on discount. Outsole is navy btw.

Local J Crew had these out today. Once again, a white midsole would have been much better.

Solid colorway IMO. I'll definitely grab a pair on discount. Outsole is navy btw.
more of a muted red than stock pictures.  would go nice with the fall rotation

Last edited:
Copped the end nb. Trying to get into nb a little more. Love the materials and craftsmanship. Excited to see them in hand.
Let us know your thoughts once you get them ?

Surprised these still have sizes avai.

I snapped a few pictures too of the new J Crew 998's. They are solid, however, something I would want on discount. My first thought was I can make a perf toe NB1 soon (I hope) or get this. The colors are understated in the typical J Crew style. I did notice a hard toe cap that was quite visible. It felt like hard plastic and made a line that runs across the tip of the toebox as seen in the last picture.

Last edited:
the insole on the rockabilly 997 i just got disintegrated on 2nd wear. do i take it back to the outlet or just swap another 997 insole?

I snapped a few pictures too of the new J Crew 998's. They are solid, however, something I would want on discount. My first thought was I can make a perf toe NB1 soon (I hope) or get this. The colors are understated in the typical J Crew style. I did notice a hard toe cap that was quite visible. It felt like hard plastic and made a line that runs across the tip of the toebox as seen in the last picture.
repped for the pics
smokin.gif

Definitely a pick-up for me after seeing them.

the insole on the rockabilly 997 i just got disintegrated on 2nd wear. do i take it back to the outlet or just swap another 997 insole?
What do you mean by disintegrated? If it's bad enough it may be worth giving the Factory Store a call and seeing if they'd be willing to do anything, though it's doubtful they could do much over the phone. But if you're going to go back to Brighton that's a far drive!

What do you mean by disintegrated? If it's bad enough it may be worth giving the Factory Store a call and seeing if they'd be willing to do anything, though it's doubtful they could do much over the phone. But if you're going to go back to Brighton that's a far drive!
was cleaning them today after last night's wear and noticed a black dust inside the shoe. took the insole out and the underside of it was all dried and crumbling. black synthetic foam dust all over the inside of the shoe. i talked to someone at the outlet she said they'd swap it for another 997 insole, or i'm sure i could just exchange or return them. i don't have a problem taking another ride out there just not sure if i should keep the shoe or not

Back
Top Bottom