Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

NB1 998 "Poor Man's Salmon Toes" today.​

Welcome Home  --- patience is the key
Super dope! Concepts box and teh extra laces?

General question; What do you guys think is a fair price on a non SD pair? Like 8ish/10 condition wise. Never should have sold mine but they were a bit too big

A friend of mine hates the way that most runners outsoles wrap up over the toe box to form the toe cap/guard. He cant stand NB for this reason and constantly points out the toe cap as a major flaw and mocks the look of the shoes. I have never had a second thought about NB toe caps and like the shape and look of most models of New Balance. I'm just curious what you guys think?

Does the NB toe cap detract from the look of the shoe? 

Great work as always Vidi! You are an inspiration. 

Last edited:
any input on sizing of the UK made 577 flying flags? had a pair of Ronnie Fieg Americanas, but the 9 was way too short and the 9.5 was too long so now i'm iffy... do the UK made pairs fit differently?

Last edited:
any input on sizing of the UK made 577 flying flags? had a pair of Ronnie Fieg Americanas, but the 9 was way too short and the 9.5 was too long so now i'm iffy... do the UK made pairs fit differently?

I always go with my 998/997 size in uk577s which is .5 down. I have a handful of 577s and flying the flags actually fit the biggest out of all my pairs.

A friend of mine hates the way that most runners outsoles wrap up over the toe box to form the toe cap/guard. He cant stand NB for this reason and constantly points out the toe cap as a major flaw and mocks the look of the shoes. I have never had a second thought about NB toe caps and like the shape and look of most models of New Balance. I'm just curious what you guys think?

Great work as always Vidi! You are an inspiration. 

Haven't given it much thought which leads me to believe that it doesn't detract from the look at all haha. Don't the majority of brands/ styles have a toe guard? I think the only time it takes away from the aesthetic of the shoe is on certain reebok/ Nike runners that are narrow and have a very pronounced/ textured guard like the waffle racers.

Np brother. Thanks. Anyone else know how flying flag 577s compare to americanas? 
I went with 577s (including flying the flags) in my 998/997 size and they fit fine. I can't speak to Americanas BUT I can speak to both the Bodega Hyprcats and the Burn Rubber Joe Louis collabs- those are both Asian-made 577s just like the Americanas and I had to go down a half size from my normal 998/997 size. I'm normally a comfortable 11.5 in my U.S. made NB 998/997s but had to go down to an 11 to fit in the Asian-made 577s. On the other hand, the UK made 577s seem to fit similarly to U.S. made NBs.

Hope this helps.

these were functional shoes designed for running. its like saying you don't like the look of airplanes because of wings. every running shoe ever made--even kanye's have that. out of all the reasons people hate new balance, that's a first. people generally (for us old heads, its why we switched over from basketball shoes to runners in the early-mid 90s for everyday wear) wear running shoes because they are the most comfortable type of sneaker, not for aesthetics (originally)

Super dope! Concepts box and teh extra laces?

General question; What do you guys think is a fair price on a non SD pair? Like 8ish/10 condition wise. Never should have sold mine but they were a bit too big

All depends on the size, you generally can't find anything smaller than an 8. 9 or above I wouldn't pay more than retail for that condition

Back
Top Bottom