Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Do you guys only really buy DS shoes from like eBay and whatever?
Ebay is one of the only platforms I'll buy 997/998 now.  And only from sellers that shows pictures of the actual shoes you will be receiving, not stock photos.  That way I can see the shape beforehand.  If not, I wont buy.   Trying to be bulbous toe box free.   Other option is buying 2-3 pairs from  J Crew and mixing and matching them, but too much work. 

Last edited:
Remember pricing? When I went last they only had 997BKR and it was full pricing. Would be sweet if those plus YP were discounted.
yeah still full. honestly i had to pass on the yp they were just too loud for my boring a**. super crazy shape on the 1500 though

Hey fellas, just got these in and was wondering if all the midnight moons had a huge *** mudguard. It seems extreme compared to my others.
if so I'm giving up the hunt for em and doing some nb1s. Thanks.

Hey fellas, just got these in and was wondering if all the midnight moons had a huge *** mudguard. It seems extreme compared to my others.if so I'm giving up the hunt for em and doing some nb1s. Thanks.
Ive reshaped all my NB1 pairs so I don't think they will be any better

Hey fellas, just got these in and was wondering if all the midnight moons had a huge *** mudguard. It seems extreme compared to my others.if so I'm giving up the hunt for em and doing some nb1s. Thanks.
My pair of Midnight Moons are atrocious. One of the worst shapes I've come across on a 998. 

Thanks, thats what i was afraid of. I just pulled them out the box and was greeted with a face full of mudguard. The toe i can fix, but damn. Thats a loooot of extra suede. They must have used half a damn pig making these. Maybe they were peeking in the am1 thread with complaints about mudguard when they were cutting the toe wrap. Back they go!

Last edited:
^^^ Yeah, I agree. I think the colors and color blocking is super nice, but I'm kinda indifferent about the logo. I think the insole was enough.

What up NB fam, got a question for y'all. Can anyone indentify the 998s below? My boy sent me this pic of him randomly finding them in a century's.

I've tried looking up the code and found nothing, I think he grabbed the few pairs they had

The color is so nice, and like most nbs they look even nicer in person

Thanks for any info

What up NB fam, got a question for y'all. Can anyone indentify the 998s below? My boy sent me this pic of him randomly finding them in a century's.

I've tried looking up the code and found nothing, I think he grabbed the few pairs they had

Thanks for any info

Those are very nice.....my size too lol

1500SP came in today, apparently from the Berlin SNS. Seems later in the production run, I was pretty blown away with them overall. No QC problems upon first inspection, nice shape (please excuse the pic taken on my potato phone, the angle doesn't really do them justice).

That saddle leather
smokin.gif

Thanks again to @mykoh for the sizing advice, they fit pretty accurately too.

Thanks for any info

998 CSA should be the wrong tag. I think should be something like 998 D__

Based on the colors with that hint of maroon they look like they could be some scrapped concepts "Boston" samples

Thanks for any info

Based on the colors with that hint of maroon they look like they could be some scrapped concepts "Boston" samples

That actually makes sense based off the mid/outsole which is the same. I'd post them on IG and tag Deon and Spungy to see if they reply.

Last edited:

1500SP came in today, apparently from the Berlin SNS. Seems later in the production run, I was pretty blown away with them overall. No QC problems upon first inspection, nice shape (please excuse the pic taken on my potato phone, the angle doesn't really do them justice).

That saddle leather
smokin.gif

Thanks again to @mykoh for the sizing advice, they fit pretty accurately too.
nthat.gif

I really hope my pair has the 1500 branding but I doubt it will

Last edited:
Happy Friday.

Easily my most-worn pair. The all-Horween NBs are definitely made to be worn to the ground. If I had camera skills like you guys maybe I could capture just how nice they look even after so much wear!

Back
Top Bottom