Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Agree, at one time I was at 474 pairs and now I am down to 70 pairs. I have no regrets either.

I have about 80 pairs and I am drowning in kicks! I find that I wear 5-10 semi regular and the rest on specific occasions or outfits. I would like to be around 50

I'm still at approximately 174 (I have a detailed spreadsheet on my comp) and I literally wear 2 pairs, black air Mocs and grey 993's. No one would have any idea I collect haha

I'm about 150 or so deep, and the wife doesn't even know what I have in the stash. I've been getting more comfortable getting rid of some, knowing I could put it into more desirables for me. It has been keeping me honest, less impulsive, knowing I had to actually sacrifice something to get something. So now I look at each purchase like am I going to even remember them in a couple of months, or will I still wear them in a couple of years. I guess I'm just growing up. Finally. Maybe if I only had the ones I had held highly, I would actually wear them.

Yesterday's wear:
Man these are so much better than the Stance collab, IMO. Similar colors, just think these are nicer. Also, the shape looks better than any of the recent GR 997s that have recently been released, reminiscent of the first reissues. Hopefully they look these good on all pairs!

I'm always down for all black iterations, I ride or die for my dpho's. But this 998NJ looks like the black out version of the 998DBOA. I need to see these on feet first before I pull the trigger early or wait for the season to cycle these out to a deep discount. The 997CSS with the dusk gradient isnt for me after looking at it for a hard minute. 

Sunday Edition of 998 week

I'm always down for all black iterations, I ride or die for my dpho's. But this 998NJ looks like the black out version of the 998DBOA. I need to see these on feet first before I pull the trigger early or wait for the season to cycle these out to a deep discount. The 997CSS with the dusk gradient isnt for me after looking at it for a hard minute. 
Where did you find these at? I don't usually get down with black colorways, but these aren't bad at all. If some parts are reflective these might be pretty cool.

Like a few other people I will probably let go of a lot of pairs because I just dont get the chance to wear them. I have never bought/sold anything on ebay or similar sites. Any tips, pointers or links that would help? Thanks.

Does anybody know what kind of Horween leather is used on any of the NBs?  Is it Chromexcel, veg tanned, or something else?  It would be awesome if they used shell cordovan as that would make it worth the $350 msrp.

I am so upset I missed on the Horween 997BKR on Oneness when they had like 20% off. I was at work, saw the code worked, decided to wait until I got home and when I did they were sold out. I think they came out to like under $150......

Saw the Cumbrian 1500s in store today at the Flagship store. They just became a must have for this summer. Need an 11.5 for the low!

Also, speaking of 1500s has anyone seen this? From the last Sneaker Freaker magazine, just saw it posted on Facebook. My jaws dropped when I read the captions. "Bespoke 1500s" - I'm assuming they're customs but if anyone could shed some light that'd be great. Because if these actually released then my money would go to those bottom two pairs, lol.

Also, speaking of 1500s has anyone seen this? From the last Sneaker Freaker magazine, just saw it posted on Facebook. My jaws dropped when I read the captions. "Bespoke 1500s" - I'm assuming they're customs but if anyone could shed some light that'd be great. Because if these actually released then my money would go to those bottom two pairs, lol.
My gosh!!!!!! Those "Provider tributes" are a masterpiece. repped

Last edited:
Where did you find these at? I don't usually get down with black colorways, but these aren't bad at all. If some parts are reflective these might be pretty cool.

In this pic it looks like what would be 3m was replaced with leather. I'm with you though the 3m would make these worthy of a purchase.

Back
Top Bottom